Sign in to follow this  
Oriole8159

Start Meredith tonight over Marv Jones or A Brown?

I got Jordy already locked in for tonight, but should I start Meredith as well over...

Marvin Jones vs Was

Antonio Brown vs NE

Thoughts?

I'd start Brown and Meredith but it's close. If you need a potential "Big" game, then go with Marvin, if you are PPR and want that 12-20 points, go Meredith.

Redskins have Norman, although he doesn't "Lock in" on any WR's, Plus Taint has slowly been getting his game back.

Marvin's targets have been gradually decreasing from week 1. I know he had the blow up game and it's tough to just say "throw that game out" but without it, he's not nearly as reliable in that offense. He's no Megatron and that offense they spread the ball around and take what the defense gives them. Stafford is much more efficient now and rarely "forces" anything in to a WR.

With Meredith, I already listed the pro's with his matchup in another thread. He's just been too consistent over the last 2 weeks. I can see if it was a fluke or he was picking up huge chunks of yards on only a handful of targets but 13.5 targets per game and he's doing a lot with them. Him and Miller are Hoyer's security blanket. If Royal was healthy, I'd go with Marvin this week.

I'd start Brown and Meredith but it's close. If you need a potential "Big" game, then go with Marvin, if you are PPR and want that 12-20 points, go Meredith.

Redskins have Norman, although he doesn't "Lock in" on any WR's, Plus Taint has slowly been getting his game back.

Marvin's targets have been gradually decreasing from week 1. I know he had the blow up game and it's tough to just say "throw that game out" but without it, he's not nearly as reliable in that offense. He's no Megatron and that offense they spread the ball around and take what the defense gives them. Stafford is much more efficient now and rarely "forces" anything in to a WR.

With Meredith, I already listed the pro's with his matchup in another thread. He's just been too consistent over the last 2 weeks. I can see if it was a fluke or he was picking up huge chunks of yards on only a handful of targets but 13.5 targets per game and he's doing a lot with them. Him and Miller are Hoyer's security blanket. If Royal was healthy, I'd go with Marvin this week.

Thanks; great input. The rest of my team is...

Matt Ryan (best QB matchup of the week)

Demarco (best RB matchup of the week)

choice of ware or Michael

J Reed (best TE matchup of the week if healthy) or M Bennett

Vinatieri

Cinci D

so don't necessarily need huge games from my WRs I'm thinking, but everything counts

Thanks; great input. The rest of my team is...

Matt Ryan (best QB matchup of the week)

Demarco (best RB matchup of the week)

choice of ware or Michael

J Reed (best TE matchup of the week if healthy) or M Bennett

Vinatieri

Cinci D

so don't necessarily need huge games from my WRs I'm thinking, but everything counts

Can you please post the rest of your leagues lineups?

• Like 1

Can you please post the rest of your leagues lineups?

it's a competitive 10 team league, and I went zero RB and pretty much just nailed the back end of the RB choices I know.

I got Demarco in the 6th (did not see him playing this well), Ware in the 10th, Michael in the 12th.

Only drafted 1 bench WR, and nailed it with Jones in the 8th

Ryan as a FA like he was in most leagues

It's legit.

Sorry but is this league a non ppr ?

Why is Jordy locked in? Why is he special?

I'd go Meredith and Brown.

fair question; I'm not opposed to changing that.

I figured though with Adams out, zero semblance of a running game and Cobb less than 100%, Jordy will have to get a ton of targets.

I figured he's the least likely to absolutely bust, but I'm not opposed to other's opinions.

Thanks, I'll consider that.

Jones doesn't throw to Brown.

Marvin is hot and cold so you don't know which one will show up.

Meredith is facing a defense missing it's best 3 corners. I'd get Meredith in the lineup!

Meredith is facing a defense missing it's best 3 corners. I'd get Meredith in the lineup!

I've watched Meredith highlights and he's got impressive acceleration for a big WR. He's a must start in all leagues this week.

I agree on Marvin, and that's why I was asking.

But what do you mean Jones doesn't throw to Brown? In the one game last year when Jones was the full time starter going into the week, he had 6 catches on 8 targets for 124 yards, against a pretty good KC defense. I don't know how much upside Brown has, but I disagree that it's going to come from a lack of targets.

I'm going to say Meredith and Brown.

I'm going to say Meredith and Brown.

Winning combo......by 3 yards of suckage.

Yea Meredith wasn't a good pick.

Sorry about that.

Hoyer breaking his arm was a tough one.

I guess the Bears now need for Cutler to return.

Yea Meredith wasn't a good pick.

Sorry about that.

Hoyer breaking his arm was a tough one.

I guess the Bears now need for Cutler to return.

Wrong. Meredith was a great pick. It didn't work out but that's football.

went with both Meredith and Jordy last night, so needless to say I don't look so good right now this week.

Saving grace though was I traded Howard earlier yesterday to my good friend for Delanie Walker and Russell Wilson, so it was at least amusing to hear him go nuts watching Howard lose his job. Not a deal that's going to win the league for me or lose it for him, but a definite blow to his ego.

went with both Meredith and Jordy last night, so needless to say I don't look so good right now this week.

Saving grace though was I traded Howard earlier yesterday to my good friend for Delanie Walker and Russell Wilson, so it was at least amusing to hear him go nuts watching Howard lose his job. Not a deal that's going to win the league for me or lose it for him, but a definite blow to his ego.

The Howard trade you decided to make (and you're welcome) was, imo, almost a no brainer based on your existing roster (Reed will be concussed, you will need another QB, and Howard if not regressing was at least stabilising (turned out last night he WAS regressing). Plus you had 5 other RBs for just 2 slots. You were unbalanced and it made sense on several levels.

The Meredith advice you got was understandable and obviously predicated on an immediate expectation. On paper it looked so good. TOO good as it turned out. I personally would have stayed with Brown in one slot (and give the Landry/Brown era at least one look) and then trusted my gut on Jones/Jordy./Meredith. Either of those choices had merit on paper. What I probably wouldn't have done is start both Jordy and Meredith, based on the probability that it wouldn't be a shootout and well, that it's TNF, It's not all hindsight - I genuinely though Cobb would go off and Jordy could have a quiet night. And even then I was only partially right in that some guys went off even more than Cobb.

But the Hoyer/Meredith vibe didn't look good from the start. As guys have said, that's football. I streamed Hoyer for Ben and I'm essentially out of that matchup barring a miracle. But he was legitimately the best weekly option left on the wire after Ben was injured. (2 QB league)

Sometimes we do everything right and it still goes south.

I wouldn't go with Meredith or Jordy. Meredith is going to crash back to reality soon and advanced stats show cause for concern with Nelson.

The Howard trade you decided to make (and you're welcome) was, imo, almost a no brainer based on your existing roster (Reed will be concussed, you will need another QB, and Howard if not regressing was at least stabilising (turned out last night he WAS regressing). Plus you had 5 other RBs for just 2 slots. You were unbalanced and it made sense on several levels.

The Meredith advice you got was understandable and obviously predicated on an immediate expectation. On paper it looked so good. TOO good as it turned out. I personally would have stayed with Brown in one slot (and give the Landry/Brown era at least one look) and then trusted my gut on Jones/Jordy./Meredith. Either of those choices had merit on paper. What I probably wouldn't have done is start both Jordy and Meredith, based on the probability that it wouldn't be a shootout and well, that it's TNF, It's not all hindsight - I genuinely though Cobb would go off and Jordy could have a quiet night. And even then I was only partially right in that some guys went off even more than Cobb.

But the Hoyer/Meredith vibe didn't look good from the start. As guys have said, that's football. I streamed Hoyer for Ben and I'm essentially out of that matchup barring a miracle. But he was legitimately the best weekly option left on the wire after Ben was injured. (2 QB league)

Sometimes we do everything right and it still goes south.

thanks man.

I put him in most of my DFS lineups as well as Hoyer. Yikes!!

Me 2, I had TY Montgomery to look smart, seems to be a trend with me on dfs. Last week I looked good with golden tate and struck out with aaron Rodgers.