Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Harvard's prestigious debate team loses to NY inmates

Harvard's prestigious debate team loses to NY inmates

BOSTON A group of New York inmates has toppled Harvard's prestigious debate team.

It took place at the Eastern New York Correctional Facility, a maximum-security prison in Napanoch. The Ivy League undergrads were invited last month to debate the inmates who take in-prison courses taught by Bard College faculty.

Harvard's team won the national title this year and the world championship in 2014.

But the inmates are building a reputation, too. The club has notched victories against teams from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and the University of Vermont.

Against Harvard, the inmates were tasked with defending the position that public schools should be allowed to turn away students whose parents came to the U.S. illegally. Harvard's team responded, but a panel of neutral judges declared the inmates victorious.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/06/harvard-prestigious-debate-team-loses-to-ny-inmates/?intcmp=hpbt3

Repubtards hate education. Probably cause so many of them are so freaking dumb.

Repubtards hate education. Probably cause so many of the. Are so freaking dumb.

Both liberals and conservatives have a hand in focking up education. Apparently the rampant political correctness on college campuses nowadays has gotten so bad that even the liberals are upset. Like I said in the other post, the feminists, Marxists, gays, and Black Lives Matter crowd are going through the history books p*ssing on all the white people. Then there are the non-serious victims studies majors that all cropped up in the 70s.

Meanwhile conservatives think the world is 5000 years old and want to replace science with Bible Studies so they aren't any help either.

Leave it to a blind jackass like Phurfur to expose the Harvard debate team for losing to the inmates.

The point isn't that Harvard is full of idiots. They didn't lose to Bob Jones University.

The point is there is a real chance to rehabilitate inmates that never had a chance at education in their lives instead of the status quo revolving prison door many of these inmates live with. One of my former professors at Nebraska now teaches in NY and is one of the spearheads to projects like this.

These men have talents. They have abilities. Why not try to develop those attributes while they're locked up so they can be contributing members of society when they are released?

That's the point of this, Phurfur. Unlike you, these men now have hope of becoming something in this world.

• Like 1

Random thoughts, brought to you by MDC.

Ever been to an inner city African American school in the past few generations? You could say the same about them. But you won't. And I shouldn't. Even though it's fact.

So keep hating on repubs and ignore democrats that are just as stoopid.

And to say democrats are the opposite of hating education is Fawking laughable. Have you seen juniors scores? :lol:

Ever been to an inner city African American school in the past few generations? You could say the same about them. But you won't. And I shouldn't. Even though it's fact.

When he right, he's right.

What you see in the Democrapic Party is the smart ones are still in control leading it while their useless, clueless uneducated focks are still happy following along whereever their liberal takes. The welfare funds buying their loyalty continue to flow. Meanwhile, in the Repugnican Party increasingly, the smart, well-greased rich ones are losing control of the party's mindless sheep and so the GOP is looking more and more susceptible to a hostile takeover by their massive retard faction.

What you see in the Democrapic is the smart ones are leading it and the clueless uneducated focks are just happy following along where their leaders take them. In the Repugnican Party increasingly, the smart well greased rich ones are losing control of their mindless sheep and that party is being led more and more by the retard faction.

Wrong. If you have the means as a repub, like I do, your kid gets sent to private school and excels at twice the rate of those poor performing schools in the same districts. And outperform them expenioally and are then called out by those with Harvard degrees that want to call me "stoopid".

My republican daughter just scored a 24 on her ACT prep score as a sophomore. She has two years left to make a stronger score. That was the average for her private school. You know what the average prep score was in public schools here??? A Fawking 12.

You know who runs the public schools here? Democrats. You know who runs the private/Catholic schools here? Those moron conservatives.

Wrong. If you have the means as a repub, like I do, your kid gets sent to private school and excels at twice the rate of those poor performing schools in the same districts. And outperform them expenioally and are then called out by those with Harvard degrees that want to call me "stoopid".

My republican daughter just scored a 24 on her ACT prep score as a sophomore. She has two years left to make a stronger score. That was the average for her private school. You know what the average prep score was in public schools here??? A Fawking 12.

You know who runs the public schools here? Democrats. You know who runs the private/Catholic schools here? Those moron conservatives.

The Catholic religion runs quality schools. They always have been smart as it's been a long time since Galileo (who's been exonerated by the church).

There's also a diversity of political opinion in the Catholic church that runs everywhere from Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy to Antonin Scalia and Pat Buchanan.

It's these head-up-the-ass Earth is 5000 year old evangelicals that are focking everything up.

Well sure, but next time let's see how well they do from inside their cells. :dunno:

I was mostly trolling and don't really think Dems are any smarter than Reps. But at least they aren't actively hostile to education like so many homespun common sense GOPers. :wacko:

The Catholic religion runs quality schools. They always have been smart as it's been a long time since Galileo (who's been exonerated by the church).

There's also a diversity of political opinion in the Catholic church that runs everywhere from Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy to Antonin Scalia and Pat Buchanan.

It's these head-up-the-ass Earth is 5000 year old evangelicals that are focking everything up.

Today's Catholic school is not your grandmas Catholic school. My daughter has learned both creationism and evolution since the fourth grade. She's forced to learn religion in one class and science and history in the others. She's an agonostic that is allowed to be one if she chooses. Even though.

It's a beautiful thing. It's a true "choice". I've allowed her to make her own choices and decisions based on her teachings. So does the school. Even though it's a faith based curriculum, the students are allowed to think freely. And they do.

And I'm lucky that my conservative dumb ass self can provide her the education she deserves. And feel sorry for those that can't.

To say that Harvard educated rats are the sh!t because they are progressive and public educated conservatives in failing schools are dumb is beyond.

I was mostly trolling and don't really think Dems are any smarter than Reps. But at least they aren't actively hostile to education like so many homespun common sense GOPers. :wacko:

Why do you think so many conservatives want to home school? Why did California do it's best to outlaw home schooling? And why is common core a bad thing with conservatives and teachers with tenure? They all hate learning?

We are 24 public in education in the industrialized world. 24th!!! If you remove the " public" we are in the top ten. Why? And why are our private colleges dominated by those who can attend them by a large margin of out of country students who don't need to go community colleges?

We spend more money in community college student loans than any other industrialized nation. Why? Our public schools Fawking blow and we suck at educating our kids more than any other nation. And we, as parents and teachers and administrators Fawking allow it.

But let's throw more money at the problem and tell or yell at the top of your lungs that conservatives who want to reduce the rate of spending growth as a percentage in congress are actually reducing the total amount spent from the previous budget and killing bills because someone wants to reduce the previous amount if growth in spending from 3% to 2.5% for one Fawking year.

And while your at it, let the teachers union rape those who want a voice.

Fawk You!!!!!!!!

Nice back off after you got lit up.

We are 24 public in education in the industrialized world. 24th!!! If you remove the " public" we are in the top ten. Why? And why are our private colleges dominated by those who can attend them by a large margin of out of country students who don't need to go community colleges?

We spend more money in community college student loans than any other industrialized nation. Why? Our public schools Fawking blow and we suck at educating our kids more than any other nation. And we, as parents and teachers and administrators Fawking allow it.

But let's throw more money at the problem and tell or yell at the top of your lungs that conservatives who want to reduce the rate of spending growth as a percentage in congress are actually reducing the total amount spent from the previous budget and killing bills because someone wants to reduce the previous amount if growth in spending from 3% to 2.5% for one Fawking year.

And while your at it, let the teachers union rape those who want a voice.

Fawk You!!!!!!!!

Because, if it was up to entitled focks like you, you'd spend your $ to put your kid in private school and expect to be exempt from paying taxes that put the poor kids through public education, focking them over further than they already are.

All the while, patting yourself on your back for your kid's 24 act score, which may get them into the garbage SEC colleges - except for Vanderbilt and any other upper tier school (Tulane, etc).

Because, if it was up to entitled focks like you, you'd spend your $ to put your kid in private school and expect to be exempt from paying taxes that put the poor kids through public education, focking them over further than they already are.

All the while, patting yourself on your back for your kid's 24 act score, which may get them into the garbage SEC colleges - except for Vanderbilt and any other upper tier school (Tulane, etc).

But the poor kids are getting f-ed over with what we have now. Why should his kid be the sacrificial lamb? It's his money and he's spending it for the best possible outcome for his child. I agree the poor kids get the short end, but the goal should be to lift them up, not drag down the others.

Why do you think so many conservatives want to home school? Why did California do it's best to outlaw home schooling? And why is common core a bad thing with conservatives and teachers with tenure? They all hate learning?

I think some conservatives are so obsessed with the idea of liberal teaching bias that they've become disdainful of education in general.

Nice back off after you got lit up.

Still smarting from your Harlem beat down.

You can't quit me. :lol:

Still smarting from your Harlem beat down.

You can't quit me. :lol:

Well I've been there in the last 10 days. I know what I saw. How about you? And it doesn't change the fact you backed down like a wuss after getting your ass kicked.

Where to begin....

Hey stoopid..... Not entightled at all. I spent close to ten grand this year alone on private school. Why? I took on another job and have money saved. No Fawking way she was going to Fawking failing schools if I have any say so.

And all the while we pay for her to attend those crap ass public schools we decided were education killers and institutions of babysitting places that doosh's like yourself send their children.

College costs have skyrocketed over the past couple decades and is becoming less accessible to the poor.

I for one say hell yes. Poor people are generally ugly anyway and when I go to a college football game I enjoy seeing all the hot rich college sluts bouncing around.

I think some conservatives are so obsessed with the idea of liberal teaching bias that they've become disdainful of education in general.

And why is that? Accident? Or a liberal teaching mindset that should mean nothing? Pathetic reasoning at its best.

I don't want your progressive teachings any more than you want my conservative teachings. Duh!

You can stop right there.

No. Let's play stoopid. Tell me I'm wrong. Would you rather your kids go to a failing public school or send them to a private school you could barely afford, but do.

You can stop right there.

Your Fawking stoopid! You gonna ban me stoopid? Go ahead. I gave a good argument. You'll look stoopid, stoopid.

Bravo. I think anyone supporting voucher systems and the like should be labeled a sociopath and shot on sight.

That said this particular debate team story feels fake to me. Seems like a setup to further an agenda. Who even decides who wins and loses a debate anyways? It's purely subjective

My entitled kids score at the sophomore level is ten times better than your weak attempt . I love group pictures. Your daughter is the smart looking one. She reminds me of my own. You however. Look like sponge Bob square pants on an acid bender preying for the first amendment and Sandy Cheeks bending over backwards without her helmet on begging for someone to eat the purple crayon.

Bravo. I think anyone supporting voucher systems and the like should be labeled a sociopath and shot on sight.

That said this particular debate team story feels fake to me. Seems like a setup to further an agenda. Who even decides who wins and loses a debate anyways? It's purely subjective

Would you send your kids to failing schools on principal? No. To say otherwise makes you a Fawking liar.

The point is that the inmates were given the much easier and defensible position.

They recognize the education system is circling the drain. The best thing going on in education is charter schools. Their existence is directly tied to them outperforming the system, which they do, which is why they have so much system opposition

Hopefully you can see a differentiation between supporting all kids getting an education and contributing money to a poor failing system. They aren't mutually exclusive

It's takes an exceptional amount of money to overcome the problems with the system

Hopefully you can see a differentiation between supporting all kids getting an education and contributing money to a poor failing system. They aren't mutually exclusive

It's takes an exceptional amount of money to overcome the problems with the system

No sh!t

And I pay taxes that should help. Or get credits for them.

Leave it to a blind jackass like Phurfur to expose the Harvard debate team for losing to the inmates.

The point isn't that Harvard is full of idiots. They didn't lose to Bob Jones University.

The point is there is a real chance to rehabilitate inmates that never had a chance at education in their lives instead of the status quo revolving prison door many of these inmates live with. One of my former professors at Nebraska now teaches in NY and is one of the spearheads to projects like this.

These men have talents. They have abilities. Why not try to develop those attributes while they're locked up so they can be contributing members of society when they are released?

That's the point of this, Phurfur. Unlike you, these men now have hope of becoming something in this world.

This thread should be about the rehabilitation of inmates while they're in the pen and opportunities they do/don't have.

Many of you focks believe they don't deserve opportunity for shizz.

I used to have a subscription to The Angolite. It is the magazine that the Louisiana State Penitentiary inmates put out from Angola Prison. One of the worst prisons in the country inmate wise. Hardcore doesn't describe it well. The warden let's them write it how they see it. Very fascinating look into their world. I highly recommend reading it.