Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Is friday the typical move day?

I've noticed on Fridays and into the weekend the add drops increase. Obviously done to prevent people from getting someone you've dropped in time for Sunday. Is this frowned on in your leagues?

If it's within the rules and you exploit it, some may call you an a-hole.

If it's within the rules and you don't exploit it, I might call you an idiot.

:dunno: I'm sure someone famous said something similar once.

That being said I think that if you're planning your drop so that no one else can pick him up for that weeks game, you might be dropping the wrong guy.

I've noticed on Fridays and into the weekend the add drops increase. Obviously done to prevent people from getting someone you've dropped in time for Sunday. Is this frowned on in your leagues?

I like to have a move everyday

Well if you have open waivers maybe it's because people are typically less busy on Fridays...

Whenever there is a good free agent that I want, that is when I make the move.

• Like 2

I agree with Cuse. If you wait, you might miss the player you want and why drop a guy you're worried about someone getting?

Purposely churning the waiver wire to be a pr!ck is frowned upon in both my leagues. Invites back each year are not guaranteed and doing sh!t like that would most likely get a guy on the 'not invited back' list.

I agree with Cuse. If you wait, you might miss the player you want and why drop a guy you're worried about someone getting?

Purposely churning the waiver wire to be a pr!ck is frowned upon in both my leagues. Invites back each year are not guaranteed and doing sh!t like that would most likely get a guy on the 'not invited back' list.

Adding and dropping loads of TEs to screw someone with a TE injury is bush league. If I am playing someone who needs a TE and I have the roster spot I may pick the best one up to block them though.

And for your comment about worrying the player gets picked up...1) you have a shot to get them again when waivers process the next week 2) if they are a good pickup I would rather let the crap teams with top waiver after the weekend games get the player instead if strengthening a good team that hadn't claimed anybody yet.

• Like 1

If I am playing someone who needs a TE and I have the roster spot I may pick the best one up to block them though.

And for your comment about worrying the player gets picked up...1) you have a shot to get them again when waivers process the next week 2) if they are a good pickup I would rather let the crap teams with top waiver after the weekend games get the player instead if strengthening a good team that hadn't claimed anybody yet.

:thumbsup: I have done that before although one year in the Championship game it was to my detriment. I painted the guy into a corner to start a scrub in a bad matchup then watched in horror as the scrub went for 100+ yards and 2 Rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD.

I worry about strengthening my team though; not someone who's circling the drain. If I can better my team, I make the move regardless of when the dropped player will hit the waiver wire.