Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Ever have a dream or series of dreams that just F you up for the next day?

Today was one of those. One of many. Family stuff mostly. I hate this crap. On the one hand, I try my best (usually successfully) to go back into those dreams. Because it involves people I love and it's the only way I can see them. On the other hand, I'm trying to rip myself away, on the other hand, I try to stick around.

No smart or easy answers here. Just wondering if anybody has the same situations.

I have three:

The worst one is I'm back in high school trying to figure my way out knowing I've already completed the necessary credits to graduate.

The other one that haunts me is a hotel that is comparable to a Monte Carlo styled hotel in the Carribean where homos that have twenty thousand plus posts on a low rent fantasy football bored shoot pink bullets at me in slow motion and I am able to duck into elevators that only go up into chubby chicks baginas with freedom flags camouflaged in LULu pants.

I had one last week that made me feel crappy the enitre next day.

I was in a zombie apocalypse and was with a group of about 10 others, we had a nice set up in home on a cliff that could only be reached by an elevator. As we went out on searches for supplies I was a total bad a$$, killing zombies at will with ease, no hesitations what so ever. After a particularly long trip we get back and settle down for the night and I am awakened by scuffling only to find that my cat has somehow been infected and I can't for the life of me put her down, five people get infected before I can muster up the balls to kill her and after I do I awake and had the most depressing feeling of regret for having to put her down, it bugged me all damn day.

I had one last week that made me feel crappy the enitre next day.

I was in a zombie apocalypse and was with a group of about 10 others, we had a nice set up in home on a cliff that could only be reached by an elevator. As we went out on searches for supplies I was a total bad a$$, killing zombies at will with ease, no hesitations what so ever. After a particularly long trip we get back and settle down for the night and I am awakened by scuffling only to find that my cat has somehow been infected and I can't for the life of me put her down, five people get infected before I can muster up the balls to kill her and after I do I awake and had the most depressing feeling of regret for having to put her down, it bugged me all damn day.

not to mention having to explain a dead cat to your kids.

I'm playing in a high school basketball game. I can't make anything but I am rebounding like a mother f-ing bad ass. Clank! Rebound. Clank! Rebound. I can't make a shot but I have about 10 rebounds on one possession. I've had this dream many times for some reason. I wake up in the middle of it frustrated and pissed off. I also have another dream where I catch a burglar in my house. I beat the holy hell out of him reigning blows on his face over and over again. But I can't seem to hurt him. It's like I'm punching him with cotton candy fists. Again, I wake up frustrated and pissed. Maybe I need to go see a dream doctor.

Hell yeah. Happens a couple times per year. Usually some kind of panic type situation, e.g. an exam in a class I'd forgotten I even had and if I fail it I'll be short of credits to graduate and then my whole life is focked.

Haven't been in school for years now but I still get that one every now and then

Hell yeah. Happens a couple times per year. Usually some kind of panic type situation, e.g. an exam in a class I'd forgotten I even had and if I fail it I'll be short of credits to graduate and then my whole life is focked.

Haven't been in school for years now but I still get that one every now and then

Actually have done some research. It's amazing that people around the world, throughout time - oftentimes all have very similar dreams. This is one of the most common. I've had this one so many times.

Actually have done some research. It's amazing that people around the world, throughout time - oftentimes all have very similar dreams. This is one of the most common. I've had this one so many times.

I have a recurring one that I'm at my locker in high school, and I can't remember the combination. It's not a dream that stress me out, but it's one that I can remember having 3 or 4 times.

Another one I often have, are dreams where I have trouble walking. WTF is THAT about?

I have a recurring one that I'm at my locker in high school, and I can't remember the combination. It's not a dream that stress me out, but it's one that I can remember having 3 or 4 times.

Another one I often have, are dreams where I have trouble walking. WTF is THAT about?

Honestly, like I said, I've done some research. Not trying to sound like a know it all, but it's about powerlessness. I'm guessing that there's somewhere (even if you're not quite sure) you're trying to get to - and having difficulty walking to it. I've had that dream a lot myself. It's a variation of the dream where you're trying to get down a hallway, upstairs, etc. - to no avail.

It's amazing to me that, despite decades, generations, countries - how recurrent and common such dreams are throughout cultures.

Honestly, like I said, I've done some research. Not trying to sound like a know it all, but it's about powerlessness. I'm guessing that there's somewhere (even if you're not quite sure) you're trying to get to - and having difficulty walking to it. I've had that dream a lot myself. It's a variation of the dream where you're trying to get down a hallway, upstairs, etc. - to no avail.

It's amazing to me that, despite decades, generations, countries - how recurrent and common such dreams are throughout cultures.

Actually, I think you might be right. I remember Googling it after having it 3 or 4 times. What I came up with said it means I feel "stuck".

:dunno:

I believe they're common, because it's how our brains deal with problems. Just because we come from different cultures, doesn't mean we don't share some simialar stresses.

The third one haunts me. I'm somehow thrown above and track as high as I can. above it all. I can defy gravity for the longest time. But at some point in the dream I begin to fall back down to earth. Above the trees. Above the everything. And somehow, I end up at an old motel, nowhere near where I left ground. And I always land softly. I never get hurt. I know I'm ok while I'm going up.

The third one haunts me. I'm somehow thrown above and track as high as I can. above it all. I can defy gravity for the longest time. But at some point in the dream I begin to fall back down to earth. Above the trees. Above the everything. And somehow, I end up at an old motel, nowhere near where I left ground. And I always land softly. I never get hurt. I know I'm ok while I'm going up.

Okay, now you're just drunk.

You visor wearing drunky McDrunky Drunk.

Laissez Lez Bon Temps Kill You!!! :mad:

Okay, now you're just drunk.

You visor wearing drunky McDrunky Drunk.

:

Ha ha! I was thinking the same thing!

I have a recurring one that I'm at my locker in high school,

The locker is symbolism. Symbol for your vag based on size.

Also they had lockers way back when you were in high school ? I was thinking more like little house on the prairie type school for you.

The locker is symbolism. Symbol for your vag based on size.

Also they had lockers way back when you were in high school ? I was thinking more like little house on the prairie type school for you.

:(

You're older than I am.

You're older than I am.

Oh. Carry on.

think they are real communications? I can never really remember my dreams very well. But I know a couple times deceased family members did come through, and they felt very real to me. Just not sure what they were trying to tell me.