Sign in to follow this  
Bourbon279

AJ Green

As a UGA homer, I have AJ and Stafford on my team. I have already benched Stafford although that didn't work too well last week. I think it is time to bench AJ as well. I could put Bryant (PIT) in his place and move Blue (HOU) in his spot at FLEX. Fortunately, the rest of my starters have carried the load. Is it time to bench AJ?

I can see benching for Bryant. But Blue? Don't think I'd do it. Yeah he has a great matchup against NO, but I never trust a team coming out of their bye. Trends tend to change with a week off. Plus they canned Ryan which might have helped that defense.

But yeah, Green has been frustrating to own this year. Really only a couple good games. And Cincy should handle STL which might mean they take the air out of the ball.

:dunno:

You could bench him this week with a tough matchup against STL, but the next 3 weeks after that has 3 cupcakes (CLE, PIT, SF). I wouldn't bench him, though. He had 12 targets last week.

Classic team killer. Plays just well enough to keep you on the hook and fear his breakout. Until Dalton remembers AJ and not Jones is his deep threat, we will be dissapointed.

I've been unbelievably frustrated with Green. He hasn't done anything outside of 1 game. Hopefully him & Dez blow up for me down the stretch.

I am another frustrated Green owner. I blame it all on Andy Dalton, who has apparently forgotten he has one of the best deep threats in all of football as well as a great red zone target. He seems to be laser focused on Eifert inside the 10 rather than going for the fade routes to Green. I've now lost the last 2 weeks by a total of 2.24 points and I put it all on Dalton. On Thursday he missed Green 3 times in the 4th quarter on relatively easy out routes. :wall:

I was able to trade Green a few weeks ago for McFadden and Starks (the other guy wanted Green over Hopkins too) and as a Bengals fan I couldn't be happier. I will say that Green had a long TD called back in the Seattle game, and basically had a huge game wiped away.

As much as I hate to say it, Green continues to be a liability in big moments and is never held accountable for it by the team or media. His fumble againt the Texans was unforgivable, and I can recall several tip/interceptions he has caused in the past. With Eifert now established as the end zone target du jour, the only hope for Green is via the deep ball and drawing the top corner every week is a recipe for mostly poor performances with an occasional explosion.

I think Green has done for the most part what we thought he would do this season , during this past summer many posted he would not put up his usually high number due to the Bengals being able to spread the ball around with all the talent they have . But I would not bench Green for fools gold like Blue . Happy Thanksgiving

He's had 1 great game and 1 good game... The rest have been meh... I traded away Larry Fitz instead of him but I think I screwed that up.

If Dalton wasn't in love with Eifert it wouldn't be so bad as he could get a RZ look here and there.

It's Eifert or a run in the RZ this season, so annoying. Screw you Ginger.