Sign in to follow this  
sketch27

Collusion or Idiot

So invite me in your league? Easy money right? Come on, lets see how good you are? You guys are pathetic... all talk. kind of sad really.... whats wrong.... you starting to question yourself now that someone wants to call you on your sh*#.

I don't have to prove anything to you or myself. I know that the trade you posted was not as idiotic as you think it is, based on current circumstances. It appears that most of the people responding feel the seem as I do. And for you to insinuate the the guy you're talking about is a dumb ass, makes you an even bigger dumb ass.

Now you're on this annonymous internet forum puffing your chest like you're some sort of fatanasy football god that can take on the world. Hell, why stop there? Why not challenge the board to a playground brawl? Get a F'ing life you dips#!+. You're the one that came here looking for your ego to be stroked.... take a hike, you Epic Loser!!!!

That is all.. :overhead:

First read the previous posts. Since clearly you don't understand the challenge I'll elaborate. An example of a challenge would be: We both pick the best fantasy team per week. That means we pick from any player in the league and form what we think will be the best fantasy team for that week. tell me if you still don't understand. We could do that for 4 weeks and see who has more total points. We could do it for 1 week? Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, there are a million different games/challenges you could make up. What I'm saying is you make the game, you make the rules, you set the parameters and you put your money in.

I'll put my money in, play the game, win, and take your money thus sending you back to your fftoday forum (aka: your social life) buddies so they can suck on your p#nis or rim your a#shole with some futile excuses that will hopefully build your fragile self esteem back up.

: popcorn :

First read the previous posts. Since clearly you don't understand the challenge I'll elaborate. An example of a challenge would be: We both pick the best fantasy team per week. That means we pick from any player in the league and form what we think will be the best fantasy team for that week. tell me if you still don't understand. We could do that for 4 weeks and see who has more total points. We could do it for 1 week? Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, there are a million different games/challenges you could make up. What I'm saying is you make the game, you make the rules, you set the parameters and you put your money in.

I'll put my money in, play the game, win, and take your money thus sending you back to your fftoday forum (aka: your social life) buddies so they can suck on your p#nis or rim your a#shole with some futile excuses that will hopefully build your fragile self esteem back up.

So we could both start Brees, AP, MJD, Moss, and Fitz every week if we wanted?

What if I want to make a trade with you? How would that work?

How about this for the ultimate showdown fantasy challenge?

Everyone has to field a team of 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB

But the follwing players are off limits

Top 15 QBs

Top 10 RBs

Top 10 WRs

Top 8 TEs

Top 10 Ks

Top 10 DL

Top 15 LBs

Top 10 DBs

The top players would be based on YTD average ppg stats

Everyone has to field a team of 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB

Top 15 QBs

Top 10 RBs

Top 10 WRs

Top 8 TEs

Top 10 Ks

Top 10 DL

Top 15 LBs

Top 10 DBs

Would we be allowed (for example) to pick from the top 19 QB's during the bye weeks since that'll be 4 less QB's? Otherwise the picking may be too slim.

Top 15 QBs

Top 10 RBs

Top 10 WRs

Top 8 TEs

Top 10 Ks

Top 10 DL

Top 15 LBs

Top 10 DBs

Ah, but how would you determine the Top ## of each category. Maybe we should let the OP make that decision sicne he is all-knowing? :pointstosky:

Top 15 QBs

Top 10 RBs

Top 10 WRs

Top 8 TEs

Top 10 Ks

Top 10 DL

Top 15 LBs

Top 10 DBs

So Mendenhall would be off limits, but you could draft Megatron?

Would we be allowed (for example) to pick from the top 19 QB's during the bye weeks since that'll be 4 less QB's? Otherwise the picking may be too slim.

The whole point is test your FF acumen by picking out the diamonds in the rough. So on a 16 game schedule you cut out the top 15 QBs, and then everyone can choose their own team from the 17 remaining QBs. You just pick a new team every week. No draft and players can be used on multiple teams, so even on byes everyone has 13 QBs for everyone to use.

Ah, but how would you determine the Top ## of each category. Maybe we should let the OP make that decision sicne he is all-knowing? :pointstosky:

You just use the year to date points per game stats. So if it's week 3 and Manningham blew up he's unavailable, but maybe Andre Johnson had a bad game and brought down his points per game to still be viable.

The whole point is test your FF acumen by picking out the diamonds in the rough. So on a 16 game schedule you cut out the top 15 QBs, and then everyone can choose their own team from the 17 remaining QBs. You just pick a new team every week. No draft and players can be used on multiple teams, so even on byes everyone has 13 QBs for everyone to use.

You just use the year to date points per game stats. So if it's week 3 and Manningham blew up he's unavailable, but maybe Andre Johnson had a bad game and brought down his points per game to still be viable.

I like it, but I want to be able to trade with Sketch. I think I can make hay against him on trades.

Also, do we just play through week 16, or we we play through week 13 before starting our playoffs? Would it be single elimination or double?

Sketch, feel free to offer your input.

I like it, but I want to be able to trade with Sketch. I think I can make hay against him on trades.

Really? If you're getting an advantage on trades, shouldn't you veto it? You would be ruining your league's competitive balance. :music_guitarred:

Really? If you're getting an advantage on trades, shouldn't you veto it? You would be ruining your league's competitive balance. :cry:

:music_guitarred:

A guy in my PPR league just traded Calvin Johnson for Mendenhall. Is this guy a cheat or just a complete dumb ass?

Neither? It was a high risk deal but one that could pay off. Mendenhall is clearly better than Parker and given CJ's injuries he could be much more valuable over the rest of the year. Unless you have some reason to think there's collusion involved, it looks like a sound trade to me.

C'mon guys I think we've gone off on a tangent here. The point of this thread was to lure Sketch into making an a$$ out of himself, entertaining us in the process and aspiring towards some low level epic thread status. Please remain focused.

Thank you. - The Management

I love how this message board has shifted from "should this be vetoed?" to "is this collusion?" because they know if they ask the veto question, everyone will just tell them NO VETOES UNLESS THERE IS COLLUSION.

BUT you are still asking the same thing. Do you know what collusion is? It's when people in the league are secretly or intentionally making trades to stack one of the teams. Unless you have a reason to believe this has occurred, why are you asking the question? Just because you don't THINK the trade is fair doesn't mean they are cheating. Everyone has their own opinions and values players differently, and should have the right to manage their team as they see fit. No one has a magical crystal fantasy football that can predict future production and occurrences.

I just wish people would stop cluttering up the message board with this collusion stuff now. Unless you have a 0-5 team who is brothers/best friends with an 4-1 team, and the 0-5 team is making a completely lopsided trade giving up his 2 best players for bench players, then you shouldn't even begin to ask if their is collusion. Even then you should go to both people involved in the trade and ask them "Why are you making this trade?" "How do you think it improves your team?" If they can answer those questions with any reasonable response, then the trade should go through. If they can't, then something is likely going on..

sketch, read this post, learn this post, live this post.

anytime you post something like this you will get the same response from this bored. why? once again read the above post.( i have bolded the important parts to make it easier for you.)

stop with your infantile challenges and learn something from those who have already figured things out that you havent.

I think this is a great idea. Its refreshing to hear someone come up with an actual idea versus just using this thread as a place to fill unmet needs stemming from a lifetime of mediocrity, poor social skills and a lackluster childhood without many friends. (eg. djrockstar, cbfalcon).

djrockstar,

Sorry this didn't work out as one of your low level EPIC threads. By the way, next time you want to start using the latest teen trendy words like "epic", look in the mirror and remind yourself that your a loser, your not in high school anymore, its time to grow up and you don't need to say those kind of things to fit in or try to be cool. Besides, it didn't work out for you in high school anyways, and now its just weird and creepy.

awesome thread and another reason why you never question a fantasy trade unless you strongly feel there is collusion.

it's not your job as commish to decide whether trades are fair, it's your job to make sure the trade is done on the up and up. :thumbsdown:

awesome thread and another reason why you never question a fantasy trade unless you strongly feel there is collusion.

it's not your job as commish to decide whether trades are fair, it's your job to make sure the trade is done on the up and up. :shocking:

now if only the commish would try and process trades the same week they are made. :thumbsdown:

C'mon guys I think we've gone off on a tangent here. The point of this thread was to lure Sketch into making an a$$ out of himself, entertaining us in the process and aspiring towards some low level epic thread status. Please remain focused.

Thank you. - The Management

Where is your smart ass reply cbfalcon and djrockstar? Hurt feelings :dunno: :(

Doesn't it suck when your cover is blown? Time to go back to your pathetic life, better luck next time loser.

This thread is sketchy at best.

Where is your smart ass reply cbfalcon and djrockstar? Hurt feelings :blink: :(

Doesn't it suck when your cover is blown? Time to go back to your pathetic life, better luck next time loser.

I have an idea. For your "contest," you and your challengers could go to the Help board and answer 20 of the same WSIS questions. You could revisit them after that week's games and determine who got the most correct. The Help board posters would get more answers, this forum might actually get less team management and collusion threads, and you'd have an effective way to judge your fantasy knowledge . Sounds like a win-win for everyone. You'd be getting two birds stoned at once. :lol:

I hate to answer this in the obvious way but you are very wrong here. I hope you haven't complained about it in your league it's bad enough that you started a topic on it. I don't want to discourage you from posting and starting topics but you'll catch grief every time over a topic like this.

Anybody should understand the rationale behind that trade.

My advice worry about your own team. Are you undefeated? Are you dominating? Like I said, worry about your own team.

:doublethumbsup:

I love how this message board has shifted from "should this be vetoed?" to "is this collusion?" because they know if they ask the veto question, everyone will just tell them NO VETOES UNLESS THERE IS COLLUSION.

BUT you are still asking the same thing. Do you know what collusion is? It's when people in the league are secretly or intentionally making trades to stack one of the teams. Unless you have a reason to believe this has occurred, why are you asking the question? Just because you don't THINK the trade is fair doesn't mean they are cheating. Everyone has their own opinions and values players differently, and should have the right to manage their team as they see fit. No one has a magical crystal fantasy football that can predict future production and occurrences.

I just wish people would stop cluttering up the message board with this collusion stuff now. Unless you have a 0-5 team who is brothers/best friends with an 4-1 team, and the 0-5 team is making a completely lopsided trade giving up his 2 best players for bench players, then you shouldn't even begin to ask if their is collusion. Even then you should go to both people involved in the trade and ask them "Why are you making this trade?" "How do you think it improves your team?" If they can answer those questions with any reasonable response, then the trade should go through. If they can't, then something is likely going on..

I have an idea. For your "contest," you and your challengers could go to the Help board and answer 20 of the same WSIS questions. You could revisit them after that week's games and determine who got the most correct. The Help board posters would get more answers, this forum might actually get less team management and collusion threads, and you'd have an effective way to judge your fantasy knowledge . Sounds like a win-win for everyone. You'd be getting two birds stoned at once. :banana:

For once I agree with something Buck said.

A guy in my league wants to trade Newbie Jr. for Redtodd....

Obvious collusion :D

Where is your smart ass reply cbfalcon and djrockstar? Hurt feelings :dunno: :pointstosky:

Sorry Sketch, I forgot about you and this thread. But I'm back and ready for your continued guidance and rebuke. I'm glad to hear the Mendenhall for Calvin Johnson travesty appears to have been universally guffawed by the bored.