Sign in to follow this  
Fozapd

Value of Josh Gordon

What have people seen offered/accepted for Josh Gordon? My team isn't likely to make the playoffs without going 6-0;5-1 the rest of the season. So I feel like I need to play for now.

One trade offer:

Cutler, Eli manning, Deandre Hopkins, and Jordan Reed

for

Foles, Matt Ryan, Josh Gordon, and Cordarelle Patterson.

My TEs are garbage - Currently rolling out Cameron and Gresham.

QBs being traded are a wash IMO - prefer Culter over all of them so I guess a slight uptick.

Hopkins is playing now; while Gordon may be a stud around week 12 or so (if I'm still in the hunt by then)

I'm leaning towards accepting it. But curious what others thought - mainly regarding Gordon as he is an unknown but with high upside. Been holding him for so long, but not sure his value. Someone else offered Cam Newton for Gordon but didn't feel it helped my team by adding a 3rd borderline top 10 QB.

What we know: He cannot play for 3 more weeks. He woulda been a top 5 WR pick if wasn't suspended.

With that said, I think his value is right around the Ashlon Jeffrey / Mike Wallace / Sammy Watkins range.

But trades are way too personalized based on other positions. If I was you, I'd trade Gordon as you have to win NOW and can't afford to wait. Personally I like the Foles/Ryan duo over Cutler/Eli but whatever......

I think you make the trade of Gordon/Patterson for Hopkins/Reed. Hopkins has a good matchup this week as does Reed. And Cameron should be back for Reeds bye week. I like the trade for you; not sold on the QB swap totally but I like it.

In the leagues I own Gordon, I'm not about to trade him. If you need to go 6-0 to make the playoffs, face it, you are likely missing the playoffs. lol What makes you think you can simply turn it on down the stretch if you apparently have sucked so far? Plus, people are making lowball offers on Gordon right now, but they are getting better with each passing day. I highly suspect in two more weeks, you will be getting very good offers for him. If your season hinges on going 6-0, or even 5-1, keep him. If you feel you "have" to trade him, wait a couple more weeks and get something solid in return. That only works in a dynasty league. If you are in redraft, you are likely screwed already. You didn't post your record, but since most 12 team leagues have their playoffs in weeks 14-16, your record has to be something like 1-7 or 2-6 right now as most teams going 8-5 or even 7-6 end up in the playoffs. If your record is that bad, you simply aren't making the playoffs unless you flat out rape someone in a deal.

Dude you say... The QBs are a wash and I think Hopkins and Patterson are too. So you are basically trading the oft injured reed for gordon?

You gotta be smoking crack to do that...

If you gotta go 5-1 or 6-0... Reed et al aren't going to get you to the promised land any different than the guys you now have. If you are lucky to go 3-0 or 2-1 before Gordon comes back then you have a potential lottery ticket to carry you the rest of the way...

Coming from a Gordon owner that's stashed him all year only being able to roster 2 other WRs all year per league rules...

I think Hopkins and Patterson are too

This is nuts. DeAndre is a heads a shoulders a better fantasy WR option right now than Patterson. Playing Patterson is one of the reasons this guy is 2-6 or something like that.

Yeah this is my bad team! It's 2-6 but the leader is 5-3 so it's not unheard of to get hot. I just got Ingram back to sure up my rb2 next to Ellington. Patterson and ball killed this team plus a few lineup changes cost me 2 games. I was weak at rb coming out of the draft and ball compounded it. My other teams are solid - 6-2, 6-2, 7-1. This team should be 4-4 but whatever. On a good team Gordon is money - just not sure he helps me reach the playoffs but then again not sure anything will.

If I do the trade, I can add john brown or Carlos Hyde too as I wouldn't need Gresham

I was able to convince the Gordon owner Wes Welker was going to have a big week in New England with Revis covering Thomas, Welker coming home etc.

The Gordon owner needs a win.

Welker for Gordon.

PPR league

This is nuts. DeAndre is a heads a shoulders a better fantasy WR option right now than Patterson. Playing Patterson is one of the reasons this guy is 2-6 or something like that.

Ok give Hopkins the edge.... Reed hasn't done crap and is a huge downgrade from what gordon will be period. Either way you look at it I would never ever make this trade... Plus I think he's giving up the better QBs anyways...

This is a bad trade... And Patterson vs Hopkins isn't the reason he's 2-6... I guarantee it !!!

I got him to switch out Hopkins for Brandon Marshall. And he asked for a switch of Reed for Donnell. I think the two TEs make no difference, but I like the combo of Cutler and Marshall carrying my team down the stretch. Of course I have rose colored glasses as a Chicago Bears fan.

My final thought - Is it going to turn around my season? - probably not, but at least I can root for my team. Horrible strategy but it will make it more enjoyable for this UN-BEAR-ABLE team. Thank god my other teams are much better - if they were all this bad I'd be nuts.

I got him to switch out Hopkins for Brandon Marshall. And he asked for a switch of Reed for Donnell. I think the two TEs make no difference, but I like the combo of Cutler and Marshall carrying my team down the stretch. Of course I have rose colored glasses as a Chicago Bears fan.

My final thought - Is it going to turn around my season? - probably not, but at least I can root for my team. Horrible strategy but it will make it more enjoyable for this UN-BEAR-ABLE team. Thank god my other teams are much better - if they were all this bad I'd be nuts.

I like the trade. The only problem though is that you are in a win NOW mode and your starting QB (Cutler) and the guy you just traded for (Marshall) are on BYE weeks.

Yeah but Eli Manning isn't horrible (slight drop from Foles this week) and I no longer have to guess on which Matt Ryan is going to show up long term.

Solves my TE issue for this week.

Didn't cost me a starting RB or WR (Gordon is a loss but in a few weeks)

Plus a get a decent free agent choice of : Hyde, John Brown, Moncrief

Team going forward:

QB - Cutler , Eli Manning

RB- Ellington, Ingram, Tre Mason, Sankey (and I wonder why I'm 2-6)

WR - Marshall, Benjamin, K. allen, Cooks, Harvin

TE - Cameron, Reed

DEF - Denver

K - Dan Bailey

Plus one of the free agents mentioned above.

I don't think it hurts or helps me significantly this week as Reed will outscore Gresham (who I'm dropping), but Foles may outscore Eli Manning. Long term I think Cutler is better than all of them (IMO obviously) and Marshall is an upgrade at WR now and Reed gets me a minor upgrade assuming he stays healthy.

Also at 2-6 I might as well shake it up and see what happens. Holding Gordon wasn't going to help me.

If he was still on waivers - that is extreme value at this point in the season. I've been carrying him on my bench since like week 2.

I hope so. It'll work great for playoffs. Throw in Marshall White Crabtree Beckham Jr and I won't have to put D Robinson at wr which has been a good option.

Any league that has Gordon on waivers should be ashamed of themselves. I don't care if its a 8 team league. Amateur hour.

Must be I got him off waivers last week in 2 10 team leagues

They're a bunch of focking amateurs :)

Yeah burning waiver position for a defense doesn't not make me think too highly of anyone.

I picked him up in week 3 and have been waiting patiently for his return. He will make a fine #2 to slut in between dez and shoelace.

• Like 1

I've been offered combinations of Beckham / Garcon / Sankey and some other 3rd rate players. I've had him on trade block all season and no one wants to pay up for him. I have asked for guys like Miller, J. Bell, P. Thomas, etc. with me throwing in guys like Golden ( Glad no one took that one.) Trade dealine is next week so if i can't get a weekly starting RB I will keep him.

I've needed a RB2 all along to back up Charles having drafted Gerhart and Pierce, but at this point one of : Ingram, TRich, and maybe Sims should get me through the year and to the promised land. Currently 5-3 because I didnt have Charles for a while and was getting less than 10 weekly points total from RB's but feel I will roll going forward. Julio's schedule is sick, so if Ryan is available you may consider him.

Beginning week 12: Luck, Charles, RB2, Julio, Antonio, and Gordon when he comes back. We play 3 wr/TE each week. PPR. Dallas, SD, and Giants are my streaming DTs. This is the only tough week vs. Ariz, All others are against bottom 8 Offenses. Again consider these 3 if you are streaming.

With Gordon back next week, any thoughts on trade value before deadline?

High end rb2?

He comes back in 2 weeks. He has to serve a 10 game suspension, which means he would be available week 11. However, the Browns already had their bye week and thus have only played 9 games. So 1 more game to sit out. I need him to cover A Brown for week 12 bye. If comes back dominant, I will have a tough decision to make in the playoffs with my other WRs being A Brown, D Thomas and J Gordon. (That's why I have been able to stash Gordon in a league with a small bench since week 2).

He comes back in 2 weeks. He has to serve a 10 game suspension, which means he would be available week 11. However, the Browns already had their bye week and thus have only played 9 games. So 1 more game to sit out. I need him to cover A Brown for week 12 bye. If comes back dominant, I will have a tough decision to make in the playoffs with my other WRs being A Brown, D Thomas and J Gordon. (That's why I have been able to stash Gordon in a league with a small bench since week 2).

Thats why I said next week not this week....

I think the Browns have done a great job creating players around Gordon. Cameron is their short route guy. Miles can be a chain mover. Benjamin and Gabriel can stretch the field and that leaves Gordon with room to do whatever he wants. I do wonder how much timing and chemistry he's lost. I don't think it's a huge issue, but could be a factor in the first few games back. Those who held him could get a big payoff come playoff time!!

I moved him for ingram and andre johnson...with byes to murray and Gio status up in the air needed an rb, and got back a serviceable wr