Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

Injured deer in backyard

UPDATE:

Still pretty dark this morning when I left for work but shined a flashlight in the backyard and didn't see my furry new friend anymore. He either dragged himself off or a pack of coyotes did. Here's hoping it's the former.

UPDATE:

Still pretty dark this morning when I left for work but shined a flashlight in the backyard and didn't see my furry new friend anymore. He either dragged himself off or a pack of coyotes did. Here's hoping it's the former.

Yay, that's good. Thanks for update.

Did I ever tell the story where my buddy hit a doe off I-90 in Montana between Terry and Miles City? Deer are locust plague thick right there along the Yellowstone. She was in the ditch with her front legs sheared off at the elbows...

She was flopping around bawling... trying to get up.

We didn't have a gun... but did have a tire iron... :( Johnny B couldn't do it.... so.. high school mmmmm...beer had to tonk it to deaf...

Tonk.. tonk tonk tonk...

Deers heads are real hard.. like real hard.. :(

Tonk tonk tonk...

Cars slowing down to see if we need help.. tonk tonk.. speeding off... tonk.. tonk... tonk tonk tonk... :(

Tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk ... :cry:

Looked like a blood spatter scene from Dexter when it was done...

This was hrrmm.. spring of 1992.. I'm sure I'd be in the deepest levels of some peta dungeon if it was nowdays.

Thanks for the morning laugh. Sad story for all involved, including the poor children looking out their station wagon window as daddy rolled to a stop to help the guys with the tire iron, but they way you told it. :lol:

• Like 1

Did I ever tell the story where my buddy hit a doe off I-90 in Montana between Terry and Miles City? Deer are locust plague thick right there along the Yellowstone. She was in the ditch with her front legs sheared off at the elbows...

She was flopping around bawling... trying to get up.

We didn't have a gun... but did have a tire iron... :( Johnny B couldn't do it.... so.. high school mmmmm...beer had to tonk it to deaf...

Tonk.. tonk tonk tonk...

Deers heads are real hard.. like real hard.. :(

Tonk tonk tonk...

Cars slowing down to see if we need help.. tonk tonk.. speeding off... tonk.. tonk... tonk tonk tonk... :(

Tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk ... :cry:

Looked like a blood spatter scene from Dexter when it was done...

This was hrrmm.. spring of 1992.. I'm sure I'd be in the deepest levels of some peta dungeon if it was nowdays.

:first:

:sad:

I was drunk driving years ago, northern Michigan, coming home from my girlfriends house. I was driving some old pick up truck down this hill at nighttime and the vehicle at the bottom of the hill kept flashing his lights on and off as I approached. Ain't no way in hell I was gonna stop but I was curious what he wanted as I sped past and came upon a deer laying in the road, still alive, with his head up looking at me.

THUMP THUMP

Oooh, sorry about that.

I have a very similar story except not drunk and it was a huge focking elk that wouldve focked my car up good. Fortunately I did slow down and managed to swerve at just the last second once I saw it in my headlights.

My wife had a deer fly over the guy in front of hers car and slam into hers. He hit it went up over his hood and car and slammed int the front of hers.

My wife had a deer fly over the guy in front of hers car and slam into hers. He hit it went up over his hood and car and slammed int the front of hers.

Thanks. Thanks

but on a real note, why call a local game warden and not a local shelter or vet?

he figures we are in a better position to help.

1. 1 1/2 – 2 pounds venison, cut into strips.

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.

2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar.

1 teaspoon kosher salt (smoked salt will also add another level of flavor)

1 teaspoon dried garlic powder.

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

he figures we are in a better position to help.

:thumbsup:

I'll do a full inspection when I get home from work. Make sure he isn't dying slowly in the woods (there's a wooded area right behind where he was hurt at). I couldn't tell this morning, too dark out.

Whaddya call it? The foot, the the paw..

Well you can't just leave it there, it's a sin.

Well, Dasher And Dancer are gonna be upset.

Thanks for the morning laugh. Sad story for all involved, including the poor children looking out their station wagon window as daddy rolled to a stop to help the guys with the tire iron, but they way you told it. :lol:

I did the security detail for the Sec of the Interior last week.. my boss pre-banned me from telling that story. The Sec was the former House guy for Montana... boss told me to shut my yap if deer came up. :lol:

UPDATED UPDATE:

Still nothing now that I can actually see in the backyard. Hopefully he is ok :)

Prolly be more tonight, there were roughly a dozen last night besides the little injured fella.

UPDATED UPDATE:

Still nothing now that I can actually see in the backyard. Hopefully he is ok :)

Prolly be more tonight, there were roughly a dozen last night besides the little injured fella.

Did you Lysol where he laid?