Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Survivor League - UPDATE: 7 of 23 teams took Green Bay last night

I'm in a survivor league that started with 539 entries @ $100/entry.

So now the league is down to 16 entries.

I'm leaning towards Kansas City vs Bills in KC.

However, I'm also leaning towards the Vikings over Atlanta, but I'm a homer and I HATE betting on the queens.

WEEK 12

Philadelphia at Detroit

Carolina at Dallas

Chicago at Green Bay

Oakland at Tennessee

Buffalo at Kansas City

Tampa Bay at Indianapolis

New York at Washington

New Orleans at Houston

Minnesota at Atlanta

St. Louis at Cincinnati

San Diego at Jacksonville

Miami at New York

Arizona at San Francisco

Pittsburgh at Seattle

New England at Denver

Baltimore at Cleveland

What other choices are available?

See updates in OP.

I'm in small league and I made it to the final two Sunday. It's only four hundred bucks. Should I offer to split the pot or seventy five twenty five?

What do you mean "I have one entry remaining"? And, show us who you've picked so far.

I'm in small league and I made it to the final two Sunday. It's only four hundred bucks. Should I offer to split the pot or seventy five twenty five?

What do you mean "I have one entry remaining"? And, show us who you've picked so far.

I bought 3 entries. 2 were eliminated.

See updates in OP. Picked teams have strikethrough.

What New York team is that?

Jets. Good catch.

I bought 3 entries. 2 were eliminated.

See updates in OP. Picked teams have strikethrough.

The chalk is Atlanta. Which is who I am probably going with.

I have three rules playing survivor leagues. Never pick a divisional game. Don't pick away teams when possible. And never pick your team.

I never seem to do well in these, but I would go with either Houston or Atlanta...

The chalk is Atlanta. Which is who I am probably going with.

I have three rules playing survivor leagues. Never pick a divisional game. Don't pick away teams when possible. And never pick your team.

Atlanta is hot garbage right now. They are in a total spiral.

So is Green Bay, but I give GB more credit than Atlanta. It seems like every year they do something behind the scenes to ruin the season.

I'm in complete agreement with you on the rules. However this year I picked 3 divisional games, one of which was on the road, and 1 road game. Not trying to be argumentative with ya; as I really appreciate the feedback. I just can't see pulling the string on Atlanta.

Indy played balls out against Denver, and even with just Hasselbeck, they can win that game. Both teams need the win badly, so I suspect Indy will be putting it all on the line. Atlanta just seems fucky.

I hate division games too, because you just never know. The teams know each other too well.

But the 49ers are trash too (and they beat Atlanta.....) and Seattle has to win to stay in the race. 9ers are long gone out of it and can only play spoiler. Seattle on talent alone is twice the team the 9ers are.

That all being said, they're nowhere as good as they were last year (at least not to this point).

I never seem to do well in these, but I would go with either Houston or Atlanta...

Against the Jets? Oof.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the Jets, but they're not a bad team. Houston can't score to save their lives.

That's ballsy.

Against the Jets? Oof.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the Jets, but they're not a bad team. Houston can't score to save their lives.

That's ballsy.

But the way the Texans defense has played recently, they don't need to score that much...

Now they are tied for first, playing at home against a team that has dropped three of their last four... I know that they could have a let down after beating Cincinnati, but they would probably be my pick...

But like I said, I never seem to do well in these things...

Jets are the pick. Texans are terrible, they only won because I needed the bengals players to win. They will now go back to being terrible.

But the way the Texans defense has played recently, they don't need to score that much...

Now they are tied for first, playing at home against a team that has dropped three of their last four... I know that they could have a let down after beating Cincinnati, but they would probably be my pick...

But like I said, I never seem to do well in these things...

You could be onto something. That's gutsy though man. Holy.

You don't think Seattle has the better chance of winning?

I'd take my $2,343 and run. B) How do you get that going?

Maybe e-mail the rest of the league and attach this. :banana:

I'd take my $2,343 and run. B) How do you get that going?

Maybe e-mail the rest of the league and attach this. :banana:

Can't split the pot unless everyone agrees to do it.

I seriously doubt 23 people will agree.

Seriously, if you think everyone is going to take Seattle, don't, find another favorite, take them, and bet the underdog. If the underdog wins, at least you get something, if the underdog loses but covers, you win the bet and if Seattle loses, you're looking good.

Can't split the pot unless everyone agrees to do it.

I seriously doubt 23 people will agree.

Sorry, I misread the OP and thought 22 people agreed last year, but it was because the season had ended. You're probably right.

Sorry, I misread the OP and thought 22 people agreed last year, but it was because the season had ended. You're probably right.

Tis all good. :thumbsup:

Seriously, if you think everyone is going to take Seattle, don't, find another favorite, take them, and bet the underdog. If the underdog wins, at least you get something, if the underdog loses but covers, you win the bet and if Seattle loses, you're looking good.

Not one of the surviving teams has taken Seattle yet.

I have to imagine the majority of them will take Seattle.

Some won't because it's a division game, and some won't because they'll be thinking the same way you/I are.

Question is what is the pick? I'm not taking Atlanta.

Chicago is your choice here if you choose not to go Seat. Personally I'd take the risk and go Chic. Den is a hot mess right now

It's basically Seattle or Atlanta. Maybe check seattles upcoming schedule and see if they've got anybody shitty coming up. Might be a good idea to save them

Chicago is your choice here if you choose not to go Seat. Personally I'd take the risk and go Chic. Den is a hot mess right now

Plus add the extra motivation that John Fox wants nothing more than to give a big fock you to Elway and ownership and I think you're onto something.

So BLS, who did you end up going with?

Took the Seachickens. So did 20 other teams. 1 Arizona pick and 1 Carolina pick.

Took the Seachickens. So did 20 other teams. 1 Arizona pick and 1 Carolina pick.

I was wondering if you took Houston or not...

I was wondering if you took Houston or not...

I just could NOT bring myself to do it. Houston is so freakin flakey.

I think I would go with the Chiefs this week...

Yeah, was that or Houston vs. NO; who is seemingly falling quickly from grace.

Maybe the Vikes can trade Bridgewater for Drew Brees.

Bump for those sorry bastards that are working today.