Sign in to follow this  
LeBron

Is Demaryius Thomas legit?

He has had two big games in a row for Denver now and is facing the pourous NE pass D this Sunday in a pretty big game. Yes, it is with Tebow throwing (and running of course) but curious to know if he has looked really good and locked in with Tebow or has just been a case of the match-ups. I also know he dropped a potential 50 yard td too.

Were last two games more of a fluke or is he a good option to have a pretty big game this week? Other options would be Boldin or Gaffney to go along with starters R. White and AJ Green.

Looking for Rocky high, Georgia Tech, or any other insight.

Thanks!

Looked like he was the clear #1 last week.

I'm thinking of played DT over Boldin and Damien Williams but not sure since Eddie Royal is trying to get back for this Pats vs Broncos game.

If you watch the games, Thomas gets the targets, but has butter hands in the first 3 quarters (he dropped a beautiful 55yd TD vs Chicago in 2nd quarter).

Tebow is putting the ball on the money, but Thomas is simply not catching them till crunch time.

Because he gets the looks, I'd say you're safe to play him, but man, he's wildly inconsistent.

Tampa Mike or Demarious Thomas

I am tired of Tampa Mike killing my team....

Bebe is a good young talent but is say fluke. However they will be playing ne from behind likely making it a great matchup. Opportunity is like his min game

All the talent in the world but needs to find some consistency in his game and stay off the injury report. Cross your fingers and start him this week in a potential goldmine matchup with New England.

Any additional input/insight from Bronco Land people. I have not seen enough of him yet to trust over Boldin or J. Gaffney as my third receiver. Great match-up vs. NE but we've seen many times over the years Belicheck shut down an opposing stud receiver or QB. In this case, it's a running QB with a strong arm and a big, talented, raw receiver. Bronco homers chime in please.

Admitted owner of both Thomas and Williams...going DThomas and not even thinking twice about it.

Long-term outlook IMHO...he has the skillset and measurables that would stack up against any WR in this league - including Megatron and AJ. Hands and desire to be great (perhaps) could be holding him back from reaching that level.

And consider this...Megatron up until this year, I believe, would barely catch 50% of the balls thrown his way. For those in keepers, this makes him a hold IMO.

I am in the same boat with Thomas. I own him, but have my #1 WR set, so my #2 is between Thomas, Lloyd and Steve Johnson/Julio Jones. Grrrrrr.... I love his matchup, but he is as likely to drop 4 passes as catch 4. This is the semi-final, so it's an important decision. I love Johnson and Lloyd as they will give me guaranteed points. The matchup with Thomas though is so great I am having a very hard time not going with him. Decisions decisions....

He's still not fully healed from his ACL injury but he's getting close. I saw him make some incredible catches in training camp this year (including some where he out maneuvered Champ for the ball which is damn hard to do). He's got the talent and I really think this is a game where the Broncos are going to have to go to the spread with 3 and 4 WR sets. I think he has potential to have a huge game this week as I don't think any of the Pats secondary can cover him alone. I'd start him and pray to Tebow he puts up good number.

The Broncos should try to utilize him more. They must have seen something special to have drafted him when dez bryant was still available

His talent is legit. It's just really hard to get a feel for how much opportunity he's going to get in the current system.

His talent is legit. It's just really hard to get a feel for how much opportunity he's going to get in the current system.

I have him in many keeper/dynasty leagues. If history holds true, Fox will be looking for another Steve Smith. Thomas is MUCH bigger than Smith and nearly as fast. I like his potential going forward and he's worth a roster stash this winter. His only main question mark coming out of college was his route running ability. His hands aren't as bad as claimed frequently here. Some of the wobbly balls thrown his way are uncatchable. lol

Every season there are players that really come on strong late in the season. I watch closely for these players, as they are often draft day gems....ie Arian Foster.

I feel as though Thomas may well fit this mold. His talent and potential are undeniable, he is finally healthy, and he seems poised to finish the season strong. He starts for me this week.

Would you start him over Boldin (@ SD) or Gaffney (@ Giants)?

Unquestionably.

However, bear in mind that this is FF and anything can, and usually does, happen. I am starting him over Lloyd, Robinson, and Crabtree. Good luck.

I am starting him over Antonio Brown, L. Robinson, and Santana Moss. Everything about the matchup says that Denver will be playing from behind and he is significant yards after catch over the past few weeks. :thumbsup:

Damn this is a tough one. I want to start Thomas but not sure if that is smart to start over the likes of L Robinson or M Austin. My other WR's are strong. My gut says not to start both Robinson and Miles in case Dallas decides to run more than pass...

i would temper expectations. royal is going to be back and they will be splitting snaps. if you go back and look at bebe's stats when royal plays you wont like what you see. just warning that it may be a trap

So you're saying that Royal will be starting over Thomas and will only be getting half the snaps he has been getting the past two weeks? I would hope that is not the case since Thomas appears to have more talent and certainly more size and YAC potential than Royal. If it is true, then I may look to Gafney or Boldin. Decisions, decisions.

i would temper expectations. royal is going to be back and they will be splitting snaps. if you go back and look at bebe's stats when royal plays you wont like what you see. just warning that it may be a trap

Eddie royal still plays in the nfl? Thomas is a beast and royal is a biatch. Hope fox isnt stupid enough to let royal diminish their most talented wr chances.

Thomas is certainly no lock, as is the case with most all WRs in the NFL, but here is the bottom line:

NE pass defense has been putrid. Last in the league. Last week, with Grossman at the helm, here are the stat lines for those vaunted Redskin WRs

Moss 3/81/1

Gaffney 6/92/1

Stallworth 4/96/0

I may crash and burn.....nothing is a given....but I'll take those odds.

I read yesterday where one "expert" said that he believed Decker would be the big beneficary of Tebow's looks today. Hope he is wrong as I think I am holding to my guns with Thomas over Boldin and a very close call with Gaffney.

I have Romo and R. White so I am up 43-0 right now but my opponent has a very stacked line-up, with all his players still going, & favorable match-ups. Still want to shoot for high risk/high reward hopes.

Im starting him over N.Wash, DJAX and HOlmes- Hopefully a smart move and I have Tebow too....they should be throwing because NE will put up pts and NE def is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Denver should have tried to exploit that terrible New England secondary much earlier than they did, figuring they would have to score 30 or 40 points to win. Thomas could have had a monster day.

how do we feel about thomas vs buffalo next week? honestly it's almost crazy to me that i'm thinking about a denver receiver as a WR2 but the dude is good

how do we feel about thomas vs buffalo next week? honestly it's almost crazy to me that i'm thinking about a denver receiver as a WR2 but the dude is good

I'm not thrilled about the matchup. Denver is quite happy to run the ball on every play unless they are behind late. And Buffalo is so bad it is quite likely that the Broncos can just run over them and blow them out. Have to hope that Thomas hits a long one at some point like Marshall did today, because I don't think he will have a high number of catches.

Then again, he posted big numbers against terrible Minnesota and Chicago teams, so I would certainly play him while he's hot unless I had clearly better options.