Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Kenbrell Thompkins

I wasn't able to watch this game today. Should Thompkins owners be encouraged that he was targeted 14 times or discouraged that he was targeted 14 times and put up that stat line?

He sucked, looked out of sync with Brady... My guess is he gets some rookie treatment and goes through struggles this season with some decent showings sprinkled in.

I wasn't able to watch this game today. Should Thompkins owners be encouraged that he was targeted 14 times or discouraged that he was targeted 14 times and put up that stat line?

they did attempt 52 passes, and Amendola left the game for a period of time. without gronk and hernandez, ,someone has to get targets.

the problem with tomkins , today , was he stopped a route when brady was scrambling and ran into his own wr on another play.

the stopped route was in the end zone to boot.

I watched the entire game and Tompkins looked awful. He looked slow to me, I do not know the guys ped but it seemed like the game was a little to much for him today. If I were NE I would be on the phone trying to get Lloyd back in there!

• Like 1

He got 14 targets but only caught 4 receptions and Edelman was way more efficient and had at least 3 red zone targets that I seen...hard to have confidence in Thompkins after this, especially when Gronk comes back.

He's a waste, as is every other NON white receiver on the Pats. Hate to say it that way but its true. He looked confused, couldn't make any big catches, and plays on a team that has redefined spreading the ball around. I drafted him in a keeper league and got him in the later rounds but it was still a waste. Cutting him this week to grab someone better. Just terrible.... And playing in NE makes it worse due to them being a WR sesspool.

Go ahead, get all excited about Edelmen. He won't catch a pass next week. That's NE WRs for you.

He's a waste, as is every other NON white receiver on the Pats. Hate to say it that way but its true. He looked confused, couldn't make any big catches, and plays on a team that has redefined spreading the ball around. I drafted him in a keeper league and got him in the later rounds but it was still a waste. Cutting him this week to grab someone better. Just terrible.... And playing in NE makes it worse due to them being a WR sesspool.

Go ahead, get all excited about Edelmen. He won't catch a pass next week. That's NE WRs for you.

I would personally sell high on Edelman this week...when Gronk comes back, things will get spread even more thinly.

Here is a Pats Homer Analysis in Thompkins:

• Kenbrell had a fantastic pre-season. He looked the part of a possession type WR working the outside. Got off the line well, moved well enough to get open, made the catches. Not a huge play-maker or speedster - but showed to be a steady, reliable, chain-mover type guy who could rack up catches.

• Yesterday, Kenbrell played more snaps than any player besides Brady (91 of 94) and he was targeted 14 times ( only 4 catches)

• Clearly the "basic" playbook in pre-season was better for Kenbrell. Yesterday, he wasn't completely on the same page as Brady, he was slightly out of position here and there, he dropped a few that he should have caught.

Nobody will be getting all excited about Edelman. I'ld give Thompkins a little more time.

Edelman could be hot for a while.

This happened a few seasons ago when Edelman emerged as a substitute for (injured) Welker.

Edelman is like NE's "utility infielder" - he doesn't do anything great but fills in lots of places for them.

With Amendola hurting, Kenbrell struggling, Gronk out and Brady not targetting any TEs - Edelman is a decent option right now.

But going forward Amendola (may) get healthy, Gronk will be back, and Thompkins (may) regain some of his pre-season luster - and Edelman will be out.