Sign in to follow this  
jim_2229

Draft fairness

I have a draft tomorrow evening. I believe there will be a few people who can't attend. What is the fairest way to draft for them? They will have no access to cell phone!!

Thanks

I have a draft tomorrow evening. I believe there will be a few people who can't attend. What is the fairest way to draft for them? They will have no access to cell phone!!

Thanks

The only way someone should ever miss a scheduled draft is if their wife/kid/self dies and even then, I'd want a death certificate.

• Like 1

If you hate them, print off the ESPN top 300 and draft best available player. We had one guy who chose to attend a preseason game instead of the draft and offered us this sheet to draft by. The results were not pretty.

• Like 1

Is this a trick question? Most sites offer autodraft and the ability to customize your picks if you choose so... :dunno:

A few years ago and some friends decided to start a league and do an old-skool live, no computers draft. One owner couldn't make it, so since we were all friends, I offered to use an ADP list I had printed to pick his team -- top rated player available was the pick, no exceptions. Other than getting Peyton the year he was hurt, his team ended up stacked. :lol:

Replace them. :bandana:

this is what we do. We had an owner not able to make it to draft one year and it was a bit of a pain to try to have another owner draft for them, so we voted on and wrote into our rules that if the owner or someone representing the owner can't make the draft, they're out. We do old school drafting with the draft board and stickers, so autodraft isn't an option for us. We also have a waiting list to get into our league, so that helps

I will draft for them

This is the way to go , no way they are winning .