Sign in to follow this  
Law

Ingram?

So, I trade for this guy and he promptly fumbles and gets himself benched.

That's awesome.

Why do some coaches do this. Yet a qb can throw 3 picks

Yep. And WRs drop passes and lineman hold and yet they play. But it seems if a RB fumbles, they get benched.

Yep. And WRs drop passes and lineman hold and yet they play. But it seems if a RB fumbles, they get benched.

With no history either

That's the kind of move that will make me root for a Saints loss, even though I hate the Seachickens.

This is why the Saints are who they are.

This is why the Saints are who they are.

Yep

Fock em

If the coach can watch that game and think Hightower has "earned" more playing time after being repeatedly stuffed at the goal line, then he deserves to be fired.

Ingram doesn't have a fumbling history. This was one fumble, his second in 7 games, yet he was benched? There's something more there than ONE fumble.

Three of the last four games Ingram as a per carry avg less then 3.3.

Hightower vs the Hawks avg 3.9.

It's about time.

Three of the last four games Ingram as a per carry avg less then 3.3.

Hightower vs the Hawks avg 3.9.

It's about time.

It was a one week bench, no way they put it in the hands of HIghtower

No I don't think they will give the full load to Hightower.

But if you own Ingram you just lost a full time starter.

I think it will be a full blown RBBC going forward.

Ingram hasn't been producing his number say so.

An Hightower was really good last season and looked good yesterday also.

So trade him high if you can.

And that's why I said if you can.

Guys, Ingram is just not that good. He cost the Saints the game in KC with a fumble, and fumbled this week. Hightower appeared to be the much better runner. Quicker to hole, better vision, etc. Ingram has marginal vision at best. He constantly runs into backs of lineman. The guy is stuck in 2nd gear, and goes down very easy. Sean Payton has also been working a rookie Daniel Lasco, who shows great potential. Most Saints fans can't stand Ingram. I just think Payton has seen enough of his mediocrity. The fumble this past week was just the icing. It's more than just the fumble.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if we're watching the same Ingram and Hightower. Maybe you're seeing different players than everyone else? Granted, Ingram is no Gale Sayers, but Hightower looked to be every bit the plodder that you describe as Ingram.

Again, Ingram is no all-time great and stats aren't everything (in real football), but the eye test says Ingram as do the career stats. Ingram has performed at a pretty decent level the last 3 years while Hightower has not since 2009-10 when he was OK and as a HUGE fumbler.

Prior to the last two weeks, Ingram has 3 career lost fumbles. 2 in the last 2 weeks, 5 in a 5 1/2 year career. Hightower had 8 in 2009-10 when he actually played a lot.

Going to start him (Ingram) vs SF just because.

Payton is just as likely to bench Hightower now for wearing the wrong jocks to practice or something.

The timing on the fumble could not have been worse for Ingram... 1st quarter, returned for 6pts, ugh. One week after coughing up a game loser. So now he's taking the home crowd down early. Coach was forced into it. I agree with others that this is a stupid practice coaches use. Keep him in let him fight back.

If you go to a Saints game, look around you see few if any Ingram jersey's.... There's a reason. Ingram may have talent, but most Saints fans are not lovin Ingram anymore. He's Payton's guy, they gave up 2 first round picks for him which would have been better severed on the D, so that benching Sunday was a huge message from his protector. Sure Ingram could have done the same as Hightower with that volume, maybe he would have found the end zone before the half too. They wanted to run at Seattle and they did. Hightower finally broke a couple big ones in the 4th once the D wore a notch. That set up the game winning points too. So good for him. First 100 yd game by a Saints RB this season... Week 8

Ingram must serve his time in the doghouse. If he wants back he needs to earn it.

FYI - I'm starting Ingram next week. I'll be crossing my fingers though.

• Like 1

So, I trade for this guy and he promptly fumbles and gets himself benched.

That's awesome.

we had a guy trade him for Davante Adams yesterday morning, the guy who got Ingram said he did the trade cuz he felt bad for the other owner cuz he didnt give him a chance to rebid on another trade a week ago...I have been arguing the last 12 hours this is collusion but nobody is listening. League is a mess

One of our best owners in my league (made the Final 4 playoffs something like 10 of 15 years) is having an uncanny unlucky year. Last week before Ingram was benched this owner traded Britt for Ingram....needless to say this owners language on our league message board has been quite colorful. LOL

• Like 1

Just traded M.Bennett for Ingram. I have Jordan Reed as my main TE. Thought i would take a flier on Ingram and see what happens.

I'm not sure if we're watching the same Ingram and Hightower. Maybe you're seeing different players than everyone else? Granted, Ingram is no Gale Sayers, but Hightower looked to be every bit the plodder that you describe as Ingram.

Again, Ingram is no all-time great and stats aren't everything (in real football), but the eye test says Ingram as do the career stats. Ingram has performed at a pretty decent level the last 3 years while Hightower has not since 2009-10 when he was OK and as a HUGE fumbler.

Prior to the last two weeks, Ingram has 3 career lost fumbles. 2 in the last 2 weeks, 5 in a 5 1/2 year career. Hightower had 8 in 2009-10 when he actually played a lot.

I've watched this guy every week since day 1. He constantly misses holes, He cannot get the edge on anyone, he is backup talent. I promise you. Yes he was benched after the fumble, but I guarantee, it was more than just that. Only thing he does well is push the pile, and he picks up the blitz as good as anyone. This is his last year in New Orleans.

Outside of Geddy, it seems Ingram is the consensus. He may be out of New Orleans at the end of the year, but he is the much more talented player of the two. Even Payton must know this.