Sign in to follow this  
backpacker1040

#2 Pick - Johnson or Elliot

I draft tonight. The guy picking #1 plans to take Gurley which leaves me with 3 primary options. My plan all long was to take Bell, but the holdout is causing me to knock him further down the draft board. The league is standard scoring (non-ppr).

Who would you take between Johnson and Elliot (or I guess Bell if you'd still take him)?

Johnson and it's not even that close to my opinion. Bradford will dump off so many past the Johnson... Johnson OB going crazy with PPR leagues this year. Also with Elliot there line is a little banged up and that worries me a little bit. I've always been a fan of David Johnson and then he's going to have an MVP season this year. IPic 5th overall in my league and at this point I am even considering picking Alvin Kamara over Elliott. I know that may seem a little extreme but the town of Kamara is just off the charts.

I also had the same choice with 2nd pick.....I picked Johnson, Zeke's O-Line has injury concern and Prescott minus Whiten & Bryant scares no one in the passing game, teams will load the box.......I was willing to slide down to pick #5 and my 4th round pick to select Kamara and gain both 3rd round picks, but was turned down....

Johnson and it's not even that close to my opinion. Bradford will dump off so many past the Johnson... Johnson OB going crazy with PPR leagues this year. Also with Elliot there line is a little banged up and that worries me a little bit. I've always been a fan of David Johnson and then he's going to have an MVP season this year. IPic 5th overall in my league and at this point I am even considering picking Alvin Kamara over Elliott. I know that may seem a little extreme but the town of Kamara is just off the charts.

Prescott won't be dumping off to Elliott just as much? What, the receiving corp for the Cowboys are so much better than the Cardinals that Precott has so many options? Yeah, the Cowboys line is banged up, but the Cards lost their starting center too. Plus, Dallas' line was elite prior to injuries, which makes them now equal to a perfectly healthy Arizona line... which currently isn't healthy. Elliott is still #1 on my board and Johnson is #2. All of this nitpicking is just over analysis. Just pick one, barring injury, you won't be wrong. You can even include Gurley and Barkley in this as well. All 4 will finish in the top 5 if they're healthy.

The Zeke in non ppr.

Let DJ prove he isn’t the top player in fantasy before writing him off. Don’t let out of sight out of mind trap you. If you slip and Missi I Elliot, that’s fine too, he’s a stud.

I'm all in on the DJ train on this one. If Bell had reported on time I would have had Tier 1 RB's of three people: Gurley, DJ and Bell, in that order. With Bell out of the picture, it's just the other two left for now.

I'm all in on the DJ train on this one. If Bell had reported on time I would have had Tier 1 RB's of three people: Gurley, DJ and Bell, in that order. With Bell out of the picture, it's just the other two left for now.

This was my line of thinking as well, top 3 and was happy to get 3rd pick in my draft. Now its top 2, Elliot 3rd, Bell goes mid 1st.

Maybe Ill need to draft Bell and go RB heavy to cover the weeks he misses.