Sign in to follow this  
Theyhateme459

Game Day Ritual Next Generation of Fantasy Footbal

Guest camtheleaffan

1. I will stay active, I promise.

2. Yes, you are correct, you do need to make an opening bid when you inject a player. The reason for this is to avoid an ocean of decoy "crappy" players On the Market with no one intending on bidding. It is a key element that maintains the flow and integrity of the market's dynamics.

Guest TheCheat

Cam, thx for continuing to provide info...much appreciated. :doublethumbsup: I have a few questions after my last pass thru the prelim. user's guide:

1. I really like the scoring items I'm not used to (e.g., OL scoring), but want to confirm that other, more familiar (tho marginal) things won't be counted: XPs, 2pt. conv. (pass, rush, rec.), safeties, IDP tds, and forced and/or recovered fumbles. (This isn't criticism, btw; just want to make sure what's in/out.)

2. In some places, the guide says a player's OTM for 24 hours (in the 6-day FAB) before taking the best offer, but in others it says 48...I assume it's 24 for the 6-day FAB?

3. Will all players signed to 1-yr. contracts this year be part of next year's FAB? Does that include next year's rookies, or does something different happen for them? (Aside: I bet you've already kicked around ideas for simulating restricted free agency for future versions of the game. :) )

4. How long after you make an FO do you generally get feedback on the offer (e.g., an hour, 6 hours, varies)?

Finally, I have to say, as someone who's been a tech. writer in software for 13 years, the guide is simply *excellent* user doc. Everyone involved deserves: :first:

This is the kind of league I've been trying to create for the last 4 years!!!! I wonder if I can dump all the spreadsheet-crap I'm using and convince my league to change over to this set up....WOW!

A higher power may need to step in to prevent me from joining a second GDR league this year. :ph34r:

Wife has no focking clue yet.

bumped for updates - keeping current

:ph34r:

bump

everyone appears to be excited about this league...I'm confident it'll continue throughout the season. Especially with the message board smack talk!

bump

everyone appears to be excited about this league...I'm confident it'll continue throughout the season. Especially with the message board smack talk!

I'll continue to bragg about why my team is number 1..... I don't know what you guys will be smack talking about :pointstosky: :unsure:

bump

everyone appears to be excited about this league...I'm confident it'll continue throughout the season.  Especially with the message board smack talk!

I'll continue to bragg about why my team is number 1..... I don't know what you guys will be smack talking about :pointstosky: :unsure:

U good for tomorrow :D

Any progress with the site or the forum here?

The site says mid-July, and it's getting pretty close to late July. :thumbsdown:

I was reading the prelim owners manual.

It stats that the Free Agent Blitz, we have $100m to spend. Then the Free Agent period, we can bid on any players who have played an NFL game.

My question is:

Where do Rookies drafted in the April fit in?

Are they available:

only during the Free Agent Blitz?

along with any player "who has played and NFL game"?

or not until they actually get on the field and rack up some yardage/points.

This is a critical point. Can we lock up a Rookie like Ron Brown during the Free Agent Blitz for a 3 year contract or must we save money and auction for him after his first game and only secure him for the one season (I think that all Free Agent Contracts are for one year).

I can see benefits for the latter situation but it needs to be clearly defined in the rules.

thanks

Guest camtheleaffan

Very insightful!

The player list that is available for the Free Agency Blitz is:

1. All players that played at least one NFL game in the last two seasons; and

2. A subset of the top rookies that were drafted in April (about 20 or so). There will be a list of these players in the next version of the User Manual so that you are aware that they are exceptions to item#1.

(Ron Brown will be in this list)

All other players much play a game before being eligible to be signed during the season and, yes, their max contract length will only be one year.

Very insightful!

2. A subset of the top rookies that were drafted in April (about 20 or so). There will be a list of these players in the next version of the User Manual so that you are aware that they are exceptions to item#1.

All other players much play a game before being eligible to be signed during the season and, yes, their max contract length will only be one year.

Thats great, but I'm ready to give you some $$$$$$$$$ and do this

:headbanger: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

I'm getting impatient. I keeps moving like this :banana: :banana: How much longer must you torcher me. Give me the next owners guide, let me read that.

Guest TheCheat

:thumbsup:  :pointstosky:  :pointstosky:  :pointstosky:

I'm getting impatient. I keeps moving like this  :banana:  :banana: How much longer must you torcher me. Give me the next owners guide, let me read that.

What he said. (Wouldn't hate getting my questions above answered either. :ph34r: )

:thumbsup:  :pointstosky:  :pointstosky:  :pointstosky:

I'm getting impatient. I keeps moving like this  :banana:  :banana: How much longer must you torcher me. Give me the next owners guide, let me read that.

What he said. (Wouldn't hate getting my questions above answered either. :ph34r: )

These are the questions that were missed. I'm sure you've been very busy trying to get things going, but if you have time could you please address these questions.

Cam, thx for continuing to provide info...much appreciated.  I have a few questions after my last pass thru the prelim. user's guide:

1. I really like the scoring items I'm not used to (e.g., OL scoring), but want to confirm that other, more familiar (tho marginal) things won't be counted: XPs, 2pt. conv. (pass, rush, rec.), safeties, IDP tds, and forced and/or recovered fumbles. (This isn't criticism, btw; just want to make sure what's in/out.)

2. In some places, the guide says a player's OTM for 24 hours (in the 6-day FAB) before taking the best offer, but in others it says 48...I assume it's 24 for the 6-day FAB?

3. Will all players signed to 1-yr. contracts this year be part of next year's FAB? Does that include next year's rookies, or does something different happen for them? (Aside: I bet you've already kicked around ideas for simulating restricted free agency for future versions of the game.  )

4. How long after you make an FO do you generally get feedback on the offer (e.g., an hour, 6 hours, varies)?

Finally, I have to say, as someone who's been a tech. writer in software for 13 years, the guide is simply *excellent* user doc. Everyone involved deserves:

Very insightful!

I don't get it...

Why can we not sign rooks? Why wait until they have played? Why is only a subset of rooks available in the FAB? Why make a distinction? It seems like it should be all or none. Why can we only sign some rooks to 1 year deals. Most take a year or two to learn the ropes, and one of the best parts about dynasty leagues is having a couple young guys stashed away on your bench that you think will be good in the future.

Please elaborate on this subject, if you don't mind.

Very insightful!

2. A subset of the top rookies that were drafted in April (about 20 or so).  There will be a list of these players in the next version of the User Manual so that you are aware that they are exceptions to item#1.

I don't get it...

Why can we not sign rooks? Why wait until they have played? Why is only a subset of rooks available in the FAB? Why make a distinction? It seems like it should be all or none. Why can we only sign some rooks to 1 year deals. Most take a year or two to learn the ropes, and one of the best parts about dynasty leagues is having a couple young guys stashed away on your bench that you think will be good in the future.

Please elaborate on this subject, if you don't mind.

I felt the same way you do. The only resoning I came up with is to keep the league competitive and not let to many rookies sign for 3 yr deals at a minimum salary. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Guest camtheleaffan

Hey guys!

Sorry I missed that post there... not intentional at all. I'll dig right in:

1. We agree that rookies should be available in the FAB and as such be eligible to be signed for multi-year contracts. Having said this there are over 3,000 invitees to NFL training camps this summer with a huge proportion of them being fringe rookies with little or no chance of making a team. With the actual final NFL rosters not being published until late in camp we are neccessairly forced to create a list of "impact rookies" that are available during the FAB. This will comprise of players that were taken in the first few rounds of last April's draft and will essentially cover any player that is expected to play with any regularity this season. I was incorrect in saying the list was 20 rookies --- it is more like 80.

2. You will find that gamedayritual leverages the bulk of the stats recorded by the NFL and their stats outlets. There are a set of basic stats that are similar to standard fantasy football games, and then an additional set (such as YPC, Passing%, etc.) that contribute the scheme and formation "bonus" elements of the game. Here is the list of the main stats (the enhanced strategy stats will be in the next edition of the User Manual -- to be released this weekend!):

Offense

TD – rushing

TD – receiving

TD – passing

15 yards – rushing (rounded down)

15 yards – receiving (rounded down)

30 yards – passing (rounded down)

Fullback – rushing attempt

Completion – passing

Incomplete – passing

Fumble

Interception

TD – rushing (OL team)

First Down – rushing (OL team)

30 yards – rushing (OL team, round down)

Completion – passing (OL team)

Incomplete – passing (OL team)

Sack – passing (OL team)

Defense

Tackle

Interception

Pass Deflection

Sack

Special Teams

15 yards – kick returning

TD – kick returning

Fumble

Field Goal

Field Goal distance premium (up 60 yards)

50 yards (gross, rounded down) – punting

Long punt (over 60 yards gross) – punting

Punt put opp’n inside 20 yard line – punting

Punt forces a touchback – punting

Punt is returned for a TD -- punting

3. You are correct. The 24-hr sigining period is for the 6-day FAB, the 48-hr period is for the 12-day FAB. The choice of FAB speed is based on how much work you want to miss and when!

4. LOL... we have looked at all sorts of crazy contract management elements but did not want to get too nuts right off the bat.

All players that are signed for one year contracts will be available for next season's FAB --- with the exception of two players per team that will be willing to negotiate "restricted free agency" contract extensions of a single year with their team. Their demands will be based on their age, expereince and past performance and you will get to pick which two players with expiring contracts you wish to negotiate.

5. You get constant feedback from the player after you make a First Offer. As soon as the status of your offer versus other offer changes (i.e. a new offer came in from other team) you will get feedback of varying specificy on how your previous offer stacks up. In fact, the moment that you make a first offer you will know if there was another offer out there to the same player that blew yours out of the water!

6. Thanks for the kudos on the doc... she's a little unfinished (admittedly) but given the depth of the game we thought it was really important that it was exhaustive. There will be a "Quick Start" guide too to walk you through the paces on your first few player offers.

I am really excited that you guys are really excited and we are up 24/7 these days doing the final testing and integration here to get this sucker launched and get you guys playing (it is 3AM here right now and bed is still a long way away!)

Registration looks like next week.

Keep the Qs rolling in!

Guest TheCheat

More answers. :thumbsup:

New manual this w/end. :banana: :banana:

Registration for the game next week. :banana: :banana: :banana:

15 yards – rushing (rounded down)

15 yards – receiving (rounded down)

30 yards – passing (rounded down)

So 29 yards rushing would only equal 1pt? :( :lol:

And 30 yards would equal 2pts? :banana: :unsure:

Guest camtheleaffan

That is correct. You'll find your self going crazy when a guy gets 74 yards. It is necessary though to avoid highly fractional scores before the strategy modifiers kick in. Many games do this.

Hey boys. I've been a little preoccupied this past week (I have a son! :thumbsup: ) but I will setup a message board for GDR League #1 early next week once we are closer to getting the signups and the FAB rolling.

Looks like I'll have to schedule a day to GDR research after the next user manual release so I don't FUBAR my FAB :(

Guest biggtyme13

How are we going to tdo signups im 2 on the waiting list so i want to know if 2 people arent doing it if I can sliiiiiiiiide in :lol: :mad: :mad:

Hey boys. I've been a little preoccupied this past week (I have a son! :banana: ) but I will setup a message board for GDR League #1 early next week once we are closer to getting the signups and the FAB rolling.

Looks like I'll have to schedule a day to GDR research after the next user manual release so I don't FUBAR my FAB ;)

Grats Mike!

assuming this is news...

Guest camtheleaffan

Way to go Mike! You've got one of each now, eh?

(should we sign the little guy up for this league -- or are we afraid of getting schooled by a 5 day-old?)

Guest TheCheat
Hey boys. I've been a little preoccupied this past week (I have a son! :banana: ) but I will setup a message board for GDR League #1 early next week once we are closer to getting the signups and the FAB rolling.

<_< (The having a son part, I mean. Tho the message board is nice too. :) )

Guest camtheleaffan

OK folks,

We are compiling the FFToday League #1 and League #2 owner list in our system so that when we are ready open the gates to the game we can send each of you an email with the leagues' passwords.

Please send an email to support@gamedayritual.com starting which league you are listed and your loginname on this board and we will sent you the league passward once we get running later next week.

I would do this by PM but it appears that that function is disabled on this board.

Guest camtheleaffan

Folks, just wanted to give you an update that the manual will be out tomorrow (just getting some last screendshots in there).

Folks, just wanted to give you an update that the manual will be out tomorrow (just getting some last screendshots in there).

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...

When can we start out FAB?

OK folks,

We are compiling the FFToday League #1 and League #2 owner list in our system so that when we are ready open the gates to the game we can send each of you an email with the leagues' passwords.

Please send an email to support@gamedayritual.com starting which league you are listed and your loginname on this board and we will sent you the league passward once we get running later next week.

I would do this by PM but it appears that that function is disabled on this board.

Sorry folks but after reading the league rules, I just realized that I can't play since I live in Quebec...focking idiotic provincial rules! :cry: :banana: :cheers:

I hope y'all have fun...this seemed cool.

OK folks,

Sorry folks but after reading the league rules, I just realized that I can't play since I live in Quebec...focking idiotic provincial rules! :rolleyes: :angry: :thumbsdown:

Eligibility.  GAMEDAYRITUAL is open to all residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age, and to all residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their province) at time of entry.

That sucks :angry: Whats the reasoning for that? You know if you need an America address I can pay for you, then you shoot me the money :ph34r: :ph34r: shhhhh

OK folks,

Sorry folks but after reading the league rules, I just realized that I can't play since I live in Quebec...focking idiotic provincial rules! :angry: :angry: :blink:

What is the provencial rule - from Quebec or against Quebec?

If I can help out, let me know.

OK folks,

Sorry folks but after reading the league rules, I just realized that I can't play since I live in Quebec...focking idiotic provincial rules! :first: :angry: :lol:

The provincial government is really anal about lottery/gambling/gaming type of activities and limits the reach of some of these activities within the province. Fantasy leagues are fine because you only pay to gain access to the league but I am guessing that since this one involves a grand prize, the provincial idiots don't like it.

If you guys are hurting for a replacement, maybe we can find a way around it but if you have guys lining up to join, just drop me for someone else.

OK folks,

Sorry folks but after reading the league rules, I just realized that I can't play since I live in Quebec...focking idiotic provincial rules! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The provincial government is really anal about lottery/gambling/gaming type of activities and limits the reach of some of these activities within the province. Fantasy leagues are fine because you only pay to gain access to the league but I am guessing that since this one involves a grand prize, the provincial idiots don't like it.

If you guys are hurting for a replacement, maybe we can find a way around it but if you have guys lining up to join, just drop me for someone else.

But we don't want to just drop you :angry: :( We want to make it work for you.