Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Parker lives....

Well, Tiki Barber's Barber.....you're posting days are still alive!

Post on brotha :bench: :cheers:

i'll admit i was a naysayer, but it looks like Pitt is still clearly favoring him over the Bus and the non-existant Duce Staley.

what's up with Duce anyway -- should be healed, and they're paying him the big bucks to ride the pine?

Here's a tip and what us Parker supporters have been saying all along - BETTIS AND STALEY ARE OLD - they are about done, no way can they handle a full load anymore and they are NOT the future.

Right now Parker is. :pointstosky:

Only reason people are so anti-Parker is because they're mad they didn't pick him up.

i'll admit i was a naysayer, but it looks like Pitt is still clearly favoring him over the Bus and the non-existant Duce Staley.

what's up with Duce anyway -- should be healed, and they're paying him the big bucks to ride the pine?

I saw something that said Staley may not be right for the remainder of the year.

Staley's no longer #22, his new official uniform is that grey sweatset he wears every week. :banana:

IMO the Steelers are doing so well by hammering D-Lines with the change of pace between the Bus and FWP.

I personally think as the season goes on, they will become more and more of a 3 headed monster. They have Superbowl aspirations and will need all 3 backs to get to the Dance.

Duce is only 29, so he isn't THAT old yet. He was a fantastic producer last season, although I'm beginning to think you could put anyone behind that o-line and have them do well. (Staley last year, when he was out at end of year Bettis did great, now FWP)

I might even consider trading for him now ;-)

Duce is only 29, so he isn't THAT old yet. He was a fantastic producer last season, although I'm beginning to think you could put anyone behind that o-line and have them do well. (Staley last year, when he was out at end of year Bettis did great, now FWP)

Duce will be 31 in Feb. He is in the top 5 in the oldest starting RB's in the league.If you consider him a starter. RB's are gone by 32-33. Bus is 33 and considered old. Martin and Holmes are rare exceptions. For a RB 30 IS old. :ph34r:

Duce will be 31 in Feb. He is in the top 5 in the oldest starting RB's in the league.If you consider him a starter. RB's are gone by 32-33. Bus is 33 and considered old. Martin and Holmes are rare exceptions. For a RB 30 IS old. :ph34r:

yup... and his last good game was like week 7, against the Pats.... after that he averaged a little over two yards a carry :wall: ...FWP :rolleyes:

Well, I'd suggest to open up your wallet a tad bit wider than you want to. :rolleyes:

Not only that but Duce has been kinda injury prone his whole career. As for what the other poster said about the Steelers having a shot at the superbowl. I think they won't use Duce much during the season so they have him for the playoffs when they really need him. I don't see Duce having much playing time during the regular season unlless a injury to fwp or the bus. With that said Pitt is sitting pretty at the rb position and it didn't look good at the beginning of preseason.

yup... and his last good game was like week 7, against the Pats.... after that he averaged a little over two yards a carry :thumbsdown: ...FWP :pointstosky:

Lest anyone forget, the average NFL career for a RB is only 3+ years. Duce was never one who was quick enough to avoid the big hits. He has lots of abuse over the past seven years.

The 3-headed monster in PIT will be: FWP, Bus, and Haynes. Last week they got Bettis back into the flow, but giving him some extra carries, but the reality is that someone besides Bettis has to be the #1 RB, and I really don't see Duce fighting for playing time.

even tho parker tore up Cincy D today with that 37 TD run.

As an owner, its really hard to depend on this guy week after week :/

Do you guys feel he will keep up at least 80 yrds each week?

Haynes isnt anything. He came in when the game was in hand. Had 30 some yards and a fumble within FG range. Untill then not even a carry. Mop up only

even tho parker tore up Cincy D today with that 37 TD run.

Do you guys feel he will keep up at least 80 yrds each week?

He had 3 good games and 3 bad ones and that makes him 50 %. There are worse options out there at rb.

It's funny how after FWP has a bad game there is a minimum of 8 threads on the first page gloating about how overrated Parker is. Where have all the haters gone? I wouldn't be holding my breath for Staley to wrestle the starting job away from him anytime soon. Let's compare production of your 15th round pick to my 15th round pick. And let's not forget FWP's playoff schedule: Minnesota, Cleveland and Detroit. See you in the playoffs. :cheers:

Guest Rock Hard

and the Barber man puts the shearing scissors (and thoughts of hari-cari) back into the drawer for another week....

Cool :cheers:

Parker has more points(in my league) then Larry J, S Davis, R Brown, T Bell, Rudi J, Cory D, Cadillac, Julius Jones, C Portis, M Anderson, D Davis, F Taylor, K Barlow, C Brown, and Curtis Martin(unless he has a huge game tom).

Now how may of you picked those backs in your draft? i got parker of the WW. Says alot dont it?

p.s in our league, its 3 bonus points for every 20 rushing yds, 1 point for every 10 yds, and 6 for td. No points for a rcp.

Would love to see anyone dispute those numbers?

Well, Tiki Barber's Barber.....you're posting days are still alive!

Post on brotha <_< :lol:

double your :lol: :lol:

today's performance (22 points) was the second most points since week #1 in my league (30 points)....i had moved him behind patrick pass on my team's depth chart....(i already have shaun alexander and lamont jordan in league #1/dom davis lamont jordan, tatum bell in league #2)

and i was planning on dropping him.....

<_<

where's that NateBurleson tool?

heard something on cnn about a guy gettting punched infront of his wife and kids.......

where's that NateBurleson tool?

:first: :lol: :lol:

That tard will be back riding the short bus

he will leave the opinion posting to people who don't wear depends

FWP :mad:

NB81 :lol:

The Bengals can't stop the run, did we forget this fact?

We shouldn't start the hype again, you can bet he will split time with Bettis and by season's end the Bus will have twice as many TD's and will stilll get about 50-60 yards a game. The Bus will cut into his production more than you think, enjoy this week though, but it was against a lousy rush defense.

vince buddy,

i can only go with the following facts from my league. The following figures are the bottom line, for now.

Parker has more points(in my league) then Larry J, S Davis, R Brown, T Bell, Rudi J, Cory D, Cadillac, Julius Jones, C Portis, M Anderson, D Davis, F Taylor, K Barlow, C Brown, and Curtis Martin(unless he has a huge game tom).

Now how may of you picked those backs in your draft? i got parker of the WW. Says alot dont it?

p.s in our league, its 3 bonus points for every 20 rushing yds, 1 point for every 10 yds, and 6 for td. No points for a rcp.

Would love to see anyone dispute those numbersom my league.

:cry:

Getting that kind of results out of a back I picked up in the 10th round of a 14 teamer works for me!

T-B-B :(