Sign in to follow this  
cixelsyd

Falcons should start Matt at QB

First, thank you for covering the -8 Falcons... scared me for a second.

Vick should give up the QB gig... he just looks bad. But he is a heck of a runner... with Duckett down, Vick and Dunn would be perfect in the backfield.

Matt is clearly a better passing QB... but isn't that what a QB should do, pass???

no he should win

I kind of agree. As crappy of a passer as he is, as long as they win they should play him.

The Chiefs should start Dante Hall at quarterback and run a simliar offense to Atlanta's with Hall, Priest and Larry Johnson as runners.

No wait, Dante Hall probably throws the ball better than Vick so it just wouldn't be the same.

The funny part about the game tonight was that the only reason the Jets had a shot after the way things got started was because of Vick's arm. Go figure.

Micheal Vick is 27-13 as a starter. You have to gameplan for him like no other player in the league. Warrick Dunn would not have the lanes w/o Vick. The guy is awesome and has no one to throw the ball to.

The guy is awesome and has no one to throw the ball to.

I'm sick of that excuse. You could give him some of the leagues' best and he still wouldn't hit them. If you watch him throw the ball, he throws it extremely hard and misses his target almost every time. He's just not a good passer. Period.

Vick and Dunn in backfield as RB's that's so ignorant it's not even funny. If you can suggest this, I will not even try to tell you how stupid that idea is. You know nothing about football. :rolleyes:

don't forget to add retarded... I'd take Vick over the pocket passer any day. Trade him to my Texans and use Schaub or Carr and those great WR's Atlanta has.

lol. gameplan against Falcons should be stack 9 in the box, every play. what do the falcons have aside from the run?

Micheal Vick is 27-13 as a starter. You have to gameplan for him like no other player in the league. Warrick Dunn would not have the lanes w/o Vick. The guy is awesome and has no one to throw the ball to.

Good post, except for the last sentence. The guy is awesome, but he's got guys to throw to. He just isn't a great passer. Nor does he need to be. For FF, he's anywhere from horrid to amazing, but for real football, he just wins, baby. I'm not a ATL homer by a long shot either, believe me. That focker scorched the Broncos last year.

lol. gameplan against Falcons should be stack 9 in the box, every play. what do the falcons have aside from the run?

Crumpler? Oh and the random catch from a WR every now and then. Seems to be enough usually...good question though.

Schaub played New England, and almost beat them.

Vick's last 2 have been 2 crap teams, and he sucked in both games. He needed 2 defensive TD's to be able to take out New Orleans, and 17 points off of turnovers tonight to take a crappy Jets team. He also "beat" the crappy Vikings, and the not so great Bills, so 4 of his wins this season have come against bad teams with a combined 9-18 record. The only solid team they've beat with Vick at the helm this season was Philly, and that was thanks to a defense that killed Donovan McNabb. The offense didn't do great in that game.

W-L's isn't always an accurate guage.

Schaub played New England, and almost beat them.

Vick's last 2 have been 2 crap teams, and he sucked in both games. He needed 2 defensive TD's to be able to take out New Orleans, and 17 points off of turnovers tonight to take a crappy Jets team. He also "beat" the crappy Vikings, and the not so great Bills, so 4 of his wins this season have come against bad teams with a combined 9-18 record. The only solid team they've beat with Vick at the helm this season was Philly, and that was thanks to a defense that killed Donovan McNabb. The offense didn't do great in that game.

W-L's isn't always an accurate guage.

I guess it depends on whether you are 1) a Falcons fan, 2) a Vick owner, or 3) none of the above. I'm #3, so I see Vick as a guy that, for whatever reason, sees his team win more when he's playing than when he is not. Correlation is not causality, but in the NFL it's good enough.

no he should win

Yeah... that's right... like Trent Dilfer...

Sure the record is there... but the defense blocked a freakin field goal and ran it back against the saints... they can't play vinney, brook and brooks each week.

Remember all those games Kordell won too...

don't forget to add retarded... I'd take Vick over the pocket passer any day. Trade him to my Texans and use Schaub or Carr and those great WR's Atlanta has.

As banged up as Vick's knee is, he would get killed behind the Houston Line. Houston has way more problems then David Carr...

And there is no pocket in Houston... but very brave of you to say you are a Texan fan...

Vick and Dunn in backfield as RB's that's so ignorant it's not even funny. If you can suggest this, I will not even try to tell you how stupid that idea is. You know nothing about football. :wall:

Actually it is not only funny... it's what is happening... direct snap to RB Vick.... half back option... Just because they snap you the ball doesn't mean you are a QB... do you actually watch any of his games? He has more Int than passing TD's. He actually donates $100,000 to the church for each pass completion he has. I'm just being sarcastic, funny, exagerating... kinda like my first post....

But if you did watch the game... Vick isn't fun to watch anymore... it's kinda like a train wreck that gets avoided... you hold your breath till it's over... and let out a sigh of relief.

I took the Falcons - 8 because of the Falcons, not Vick.

i have thought this for awhile now, only i don't think he should strictly be a running back, have him as a slash type player. bring him in at qb, rb, and wr and utilize him more, and then maybe he won't be hurt as much

Are they allowed to have a 2 quarterback set? They should do that LOL, just like shotgun the ball too one of them and surprise the defense! :wall:

Then like Shaub can pass it to vick, or Vick can pass it to schaub, or dunn can run it from shaub and then pass it to vick, or vick can just straight up run it with schaub blocking, or shaub can hadn the ball off to vick liek a draw play, OMG :cry:

Vick is too stupid to make his reads. He looks at his primary reciever, and if he is open, he misses with a bad pass. If the reciever is not open, he scrambles around and around. I love it when he gets popped hard.

Vick should give up the QB gig... he just looks bad. But he is a heck of a runner... with Duckett down, Vick and Dunn would be perfect in the backfield.

Matt is clearly a better passing QB... but isn't that what a QB should do, pass???

I've been saying this for 2 years now and all you get is Vick wins which is a bunch of crap I guess The defense didn't have anything to do with the win again last night.

I'm not going to argue this all day but if you know me I state facts and that will do my talking. 1st Vick is ranked 29th just above Orton and Harrington with a 63% QB rating, 2nd Vick is tied for 23rd place with 5 passing TDS, 3rd Vick is ranked 15th with fewest INTs with 6. So Vick has completed 66 out of 126 passes for a 52.4 %, Has only thrown 5 TDs and has 6 INTs and you people are going to sit there and try to sell us football people this piece of crap :angry: . No Thanks! you keep him and waste your money because I guarantee you he is not starting for any of the top teams in your leagues. I guess the reason Vick only got 18 yards rushing on 9 carries for a 2 ypc last night was because the Jets where stacking the line and you couldn't rush against them, Oh wait I forgot wasn't the same group stacking the line when Dunn ran for 155 yards last night? But Vick has no receivers more stupid crap they seemed to do alright when Matt was throwing to them and what's funny the last two drafts Atlanta used their Number 1 Picks on Wide Receivers. So I guess once again Vick wins never mind Dunn's 155 yards and the Defense getting 4 turnovers and scoring a TD on one of them. By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED so don't bother replying with anymore stupid crap just look at the facts. :huh:

Kordell Vick is a lousy QB..... the Falcons win in spite of him...NEVER because of him.

Face it, the NFL's consistent pimping of him is starting to look pretty lame.

The Falcons will win games with him at QB....but they will NEVER beat a quality opponent.... aka the kind of opponent you play in the playoffs.

Kordell Vick is an atrocious QB that cant pass, read defenses, or even check off a WR.

What part dont you understand? :sleep:

The guy is awesome and has no one to throw the ball to.

I'm sick of that excuse. You could give him some of the leagues' best and he still wouldn't hit them. If you watch him throw the ball, he throws it extremely hard and misses his target almost every time. He's just not a good passer. Period.

agree. Two first round picks on WR's. It wasn't like his WR's weren't getting open; his few completions were medicine balls. I do think Vick throws a pretty ball, but his accuracy is poor.

Schaub is hitting under 50% of his passes while Vick is hitting over 50%. 

Next.

the majority of his passes seem to be dumps. Look further into the stat...say passes longer than 5-10 yards? :sleep:

OK captain america, I am going to reply with some more retarded crap to refute your own retarded crap.

Falcons 2002 w/Vick: 9-6-1 playoffs

Falcons 2003 w/o Vick: 5-11 (3-2) games Vick came back to start so really 2-9 w/o Vick

Falcons 2004 w/Vick: 11-5 playoffs

Falcons 2005: w/Vick: 5-2

Here I add my "case closed" to give me some kind of authority on the matter. Seriously, I don't know how to make it clearer than this. I think my German Shephard could understand the logic.

Next.

Schaub completed 23 - 49 for a 46.9% and has 3 TDs and 0 INTs for a QB rating of 90.3 Oh and Schaub has a running average of 9.8 compared to Vick's 6.2.

Next.

Next.

the majority of his passes seem to be dumps. Look further into the stat...say passes longer than 5-10 yards? :(

Don't have that stat handy, but I will look into it. I like Schaub a lot, but there's no way I would move Vick from QB... he just makes too many things happen.

He has nobody to throw to? Come on, that is just not the case. How did Schaub put up those huge numbers with nobody to throw to? :(

Admit he is not a passing QB, and no he is not any good at it. The least accurate passer in the NFL. If the guy has to throw 20 times there is a good chance he throws at least a couple INTs.

What makes him effective is his ability to run like no other QB. Hats off the Mora for using him like he should. If Vick can eliminate the turnovers people would complain less about his lack of passing stats. It's not the lack of stats, it's the turnovers he needs to work on.

Next.

Schaub completed 23 - 49 for a 46.9% and has 3 TDs and 0 INTs for a QB rating of 90.3 Oh and Schaub has a running average of 9.8 compared to Vick's 6.2.

Next.

what's your point? The entire point of this thread is Schaub is a more accurate passer than Vick... so you give me a stat where Schaub has only completed 47%? At least Black Ice gave a logical reasoning instead of you inane rambling.

How about this one... Matt Schaub 0 wins.

Vick should give up the QB gig... he just looks bad.  But he is a heck of a runner... with Duckett down, Vick and Dunn would be perfect in the backfield.

I've been saying this for 2 years now and all you get is Vick wins which is a bunch of crap I guess The defense didn't have anything to do with the win again last night.

I'm not going to argue this all day but if you know me I state facts and that will do my talking. 1st Vick is ranked 29th just above Orton and Harrington with a 63% QB rating, 2nd Vick is tied for 23rd place with 5 passing TDS, 3rd Vick is ranked 15th with fewest INTs with 6. So Vick has completed 66 out of 126 passes for a 52.4 %, Has only thrown 5 TDs and has 6 INTs and you people are going to sit there and try to sell us football people this piece of crap :( . No Thanks! you keep him and waste your money because I guarantee you he is not starting for any of the top teams in your leagues. I guess the reason Vick only got 18 yards rushing on 9 carries for a 2 ypc last night was because the Jets where stacking the line and you couldn't rush against them, Oh wait I forgot wasn't the same group stacking the line when Dunn ran for 155 yards last night? But Vick has no receivers more stupid crap they seemed to do alright when Matt was throwing to them and what's funny the last two drafts Atlanta used their Number 1 Picks on Wide Receivers. So I guess once again Vick wins never mind Dunn's 155 yards and the Defense getting 4 turnovers and scoring a TD on one of them. By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED so don't bother replying with anymore stupid crap just look at the facts. :lol:

Yes, all run out and grab Vinny with his 140 yards. This is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a while. CASE CLOSED?...Vinny threw for 140 yards.....great.

"By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED" Don't forget his 3 fumbles making sure the Jets had no chance last night. By the way, this whole post is about Vick not being a great passer...no kidding. The bottom line is that the team wins with him and they will continue to do so.

He has nobody to throw to? Come on, that is just not the case. How did Schaub put up those huge numbers with nobody to throw to? :(

Admit he is not a passing QB, and no he is not any good at it. The least accurate passer in the NFL. If the guy has to throw 20 times there is a good chance he throws at least a couple INTs.

What makes him effective is his ability to run like no other QB. Hats off the Mora for using him like he should. If Vick can eliminate the turnovers people would complain less about his lack of passing stats. It's not the lack of stats, it's the turnovers he needs to work on.

He threw it 49 times! That's how he put up big yardage #s. If you consider Finneran and Jenkins primo targets, you're mistaken. They're alright targets, but lets not ordain them as the next Bruce/Holt combo in the NFL or anything.

Vick should give up the QB gig... he just looks bad.  But he is a heck of a runner... with Duckett down, Vick and Dunn would be perfect in the backfield.

I'm not going to argue this all day but if you know me I state facts and that will do my talking. 1st Vick is ranked 29th just above Orton and Harrington with a 63% QB rating, 2nd Vick is tied for 23rd place with 5 passing TDS, 3rd Vick is ranked 15th with fewest INTs with 6. So Vick has completed 66 out of 126 passes for a 52.4 %, Has only thrown 5 TDs and has 6 INTs and you people are going to sit there and try to sell us football people this piece of crap :( . No Thanks! you keep him and waste your money because I guarantee you he is not starting for any of the top teams in your leagues. I guess the reason Vick only got 18 yards rushing on 9 carries for a 2 ypc last night was because the Jets where stacking the line and you couldn't rush against them, Oh wait I forgot wasn't the same group stacking the line when Dunn ran for 155 yards last night? But Vick has no receivers more stupid crap they seemed to do alright when Matt was throwing to them and what's funny the last two drafts Atlanta used their Number 1 Picks on Wide Receivers. So I guess once again Vick wins never mind Dunn's 155 yards and the Defense getting 4 turnovers and scoring a TD on one of them. By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED so don't bother replying with anymore stupid crap just look at the facts. ;)

Yes, all run out and grab Vinny with his 140 yards. This is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a while. CASE CLOSED?...Vinny threw for 140 yards.....great.

"By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED" Don't forget his 3 fumbles making sure the Jets had no chance last night. By the way, this whole post is about Vick not being a great passer...no kidding. The bottom line is that the team wins with him and they will continue to do so.

Where in the hell did I say go grab Vinny I was just pointing out the fact that as bad as Vinny sucked he had better stats than Vick. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not going to argue this all day but if you know me I state facts and that will do my talking. 1st Vick is ranked 29th just above Orton and Harrington with a 63% QB rating, 2nd Vick is tied for 23rd place with 5 passing TDS, 3rd Vick is ranked 15th with fewest INTs with 6. So Vick has completed 66 out of 126 passes for a 52.4 %, Has only thrown 5 TDs and has 6 INTs and you people are going to sit there and try to sell us football people this piece of crap :( . No Thanks! you keep him and waste your money because I guarantee you he is not starting for any of the top teams in your leagues. I guess the reason Vick only got 18 yards rushing on 9 carries for a 2 ypc last night was because the Jets where stacking the line and you couldn't rush against them, Oh wait I forgot wasn't the same group stacking the line when Dunn ran for 155 yards last night? But Vick has no receivers more stupid crap they seemed to do alright when Matt was throwing to them and what's funny the last two drafts Atlanta used their Number 1 Picks on Wide Receivers. So I guess once again Vick wins never mind Dunn's 155 yards and the Defense getting 4 turnovers and scoring a TD on one of them. By the way as bad as Vinny played last night his stats were 11-18 with 140 yards and 1 INT, Vick's 11-26 116 yards and 3 INTs. CASE CLOSED so don't bother replying with anymore stupid crap just look at the facts. ;)

Where in the hell did I say go grab Vinny I was just pointing out the fact that as bad as Vinny sucked he had better stats than Vick. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See Vick has the best stats its called Wins...

No clever retort to my above post?