Sign in to follow this  
OB1

Rounds 1-4 Discussion

:huh: If Harrison drops to CMT the rest of us might as well stop trying to win this year. :blink:

Well maybe he can trade for Marvin. For some reason OB1 wants to unload the biggest value pick thus far in the fraft.

:huh: If Harrison drops to CMT the rest of us might as well stop trying to win this year.  :blink:

Well,

That won't happen, but if he want's to trade for him i'm all ears.

I'll certianly take Harrison, he is great value here. I'm not a fan of putting all of my eggs in one teams basket though, even if it is the Colts. I won't give him away, but if someone wants him and makes a decent offer, i'll be glad to deal.

:huh: If Harrison drops to CMT the rest of us might as well stop trying to win this year.   :blink:

Well,

That won't happen, but if he want's to trade for him i'm all ears.

I'll certianly take Harrison, he is great value here. I'm not a fan of putting all of my eggs in one teams basket though, even if it is the Colts. I won't give him away, but if someone wants him and makes a decent offer, i'll be glad to deal.

Forgot about Edge.

Well, worst case is you lose on their bye week, but so far total losses will be minimal.

Huge value pick at #21. I like this pick better than any since Fred Taylor. (The Henry pick was nice too - just not as nice.) He's one guy who can routinely get you a 20 point week even if he does not find the endzone.

He's not young, but WR's can play alot longer than RB's so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Yeah, I know, he has McGahee nipping at his heels. But he's young, and he's good enough to be a starter SOMEWHERE.

I hope

Apparently that pick was :|

I'm a fan of the Henry pick. Unfortunately, yard work prevented me from saying so in a timely fashion.

:ph34r:

Huge value pick at #21. I like this pick better than any since Fred Taylor. (The Henry pick was nice too - just not as nice.) He's one guy who can routinely get you a 20 point week even if he does not find the endzone.

He's not young, but WR's can play alot longer than RB's so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

This is definitely a sign of the Apocalypse - jgalt likes both of my picks so far.

Huge value pick at #21.  I like this pick better than any since Fred Taylor.  (The Henry pick was nice too - just not as nice.)  He's one guy who can routinely get you a 20 point week even if he does not find the endzone. 

This is definitely a sign of the Apocalypse - jgalt likes both of my picks so far.

Except you should have taken Harrison rather than Henry - then you would have gotten more praise. I do like those two better than the early QB grabs.

Huge value pick at #21.  I like this pick better than any since Fred Taylor.  (The Henry pick was nice too - just not as nice.)  He's one guy who can routinely get you a 20 point week even if he does not find the endzone. 

Except you should have taken Harrison rather than Henry - then you would have gotten more praise. I do like those two better than the early QB grabs.

Harrison is the other guy I considered. I wasn't sure what kind of rbs would be left at 4.2, so I took Henry.

Harrison is the other guy I considered. I wasn't sure what kind of rbs would be left at 4.2, so I took Henry.

A very good start - but still plenty of time left to fock it up.

I was tempted to go with Owens for a brief moment because he is a year younger and a physical marvel. In the end I just trust Marvin's dedication, connection with Manning and consistency more than Owen's me first attitude and new situation. I think McNabb and Owens will make a dynamic duo, but it's not the sure thing that Manning/Harrison has proven to be.

Bring on the laughter... :wall:

I felt the choice here was between 3 RBs. One is an aging RB whom I vowed never to draft again because he ruined my fantasy teams last year. Another is his successor who is came out of nowhere, had a good season last year, and was so great that his team drafted an RB in the 1st round this year.

That's where Westbrook comes in. Only concern: he is small and that makes him more injury-prone. But he isn't much smaller than Tiki Barber. Positives: he is extremely talented, scores in bunches, is a very good receiver, has tons of potential, and he single-handedly won games for the Eagles last year. The Eagles moved up in the draft and were expected to take Steven Jackson. Instead they took an offensive lineman. That tells me that the Eagles are confident that Westbrook will be the man. I think Westbrook will be a top 10-12 RB in our scoring system this year and he's only 24.

A very good start - but still plenty of time left to fock it up.

Agreed. By the way, is Ricky Watters still available?

Bring on the laughter... :wall:

I felt the choice here was between 3 RBs. One is an aging RB whom I vowed never to draft again because he ruined my fantasy teams last year. Another is his successor who is came out of nowhere, had a good season last year, and was so great that his team drafted an RB in the 1st round this year.

That's where Westbrook comes in. Only concern: he is small and that makes him more injury-prone. But he isn't much smaller than Tiki Barber. Positives: he is extremely talented, scores in bunches, is a very good receiver, has tons of potential, and he single-handedly won games for the Eagles last year. The Eagles moved up in the draft and were expected to take Steven Jackson. Instead they took an offensive lineman. That tells me that the Eagles are confident that Westbrook will be the man. I think Westbrook will be a top 10-12 RB in our scoring system this year and he's only 24.

I like Westbrook, but I just fear that it will still be RBBC with Buckhalter again this year. If it didn't seem to me that Buck was going to get a ton of carries, Westbrook would be much higher on my list. I don't think it's a horrible pick, I just think he might have bee around a bit longer. Unfortunately, this is a 16 team league, so he probably wouldn't have been there when you picked again, so you had to do it now.

Bring on the laughter... :banana:

No laughter from me. I'd be :wall: if he had lasted to the turn.

After all these years, I guess we get to see what Corey does with a real defense to keep him on the field. :wall:

I love Dillon this year. :thumbsup:

Me too, up until game 5 when he pulls his vagina again. <_< HTH! TIA!!

alsoireallythinkitsagoodpick

I left email for twitchy many hours ago. Did he leave you (OB1) a phone number? If so, I can call if you want to forward it (PM over there).

I'm already loosing :shocking:

Just look at Wilzone's team - that'll cheer you up.

I left email for twitchy many hours ago.  Did he leave you (OB1) a phone number?  If so, I can call if you want to forward it (PM over there).

No sorry, no #. I emailed him again last night but no word from him.

I left email for twitchy many hours ago.  Did he leave you (OB1) a phone number?  If so, I can call if you want to forward it (PM over there).

No sorry, no #. I emaileded him again last night but no word from him.

Focking lawyers.

:pointstosky:

Well pick then focker!!!! ;)

Coles eh? Not bad, he certianly kicked ass in the fisrt half last year and he is young and talented. Not who I expected to go here though.

Coles eh? Not bad, he certianly kicked ass in the fisrt half last year and he is young and talented. Not who I expected to go here though.

Not expected at all. With CMT already having Moss, I thought for sure he'd take a RB.

Not expected at all. With CMT already having Moss, I thought for sure he'd take a RB.

Nah - but there's another WR I figured he'd take instead.

;)

And not that one either, but I like that one long term better than Coles (JMO). :pointstosky:

;)

We are on the same page there. CMT loves the 1 pt per reception rule, and won this league a few years back with WRs as his top 2 picks.

The player, not the position surprised me a bit.

Jeez Bernie, I thought he would stick around til I picked in the 3rd.. :pointstosky:

Bring on the laughter... :pointstosky:

I think BW was a great pick. I mentioned to Cruzer on Firday that if he fell to me I was taking him. I was pissed to see him go only 2 spots before my fraft position.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to do a new dynasty, players have different values to different people. Johnson looks to be a monster stud for years to come, maybe starting this year. No way he goes before some of the WRs left on this board in a redraft though.

I like the pick, but many will disagree because they are thinking about winning this year, not so much dominating for years to come.

I thought about Davis, but decied to go longer term here. I only have to start 1 RB after all.

;)

And not that one either, but I like that one long term better than Coles (JMO). :pointstosky:

There were actually 4 I agonized over - finally narrowed it to 2 and then basically went with a gut feeling.

Does anyone have a list from CB? If not, then I guess I won't pick 'til this evening.

Debated between TIki and another RB, but with the 1 pt per reception rule, he should get a bunch. Especially with Manning giving him a lot of dump passes.

So, how should we kill the next 2 days until Emoney picks? ;) :pointstosky: ;)

Jeez Bernie, I thought he would stick around til I picked in the 3rd.. :pointstosky:

He wasn't going to make it to my third round pick. I had him ranked as the 5th WR and had him targeted here, hence the trade-down in the second.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to do a new dynasty, players have different values to different people. Johnson looks to be a monster stud for years to come, maybe starting this year. No way he goes before some of the WRs left on this board in a redraft though.

I like the pick, but many will disagree because they are thinking about winning this year, not so much dominating for years to come.

I think a lot of people will view the Johnson pick as a reach. I don't see it that way at all (obviously), plus he's a player that I really like. While this pick is for near-future value, I definitely think I can win with Johnson this year.

Are we going to have a locked team roster thread as well?

Either have ourselves add to it or something like that?