Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Satellite Radio

had XM in my car when i first bought it for like 3 months free ( packaged with the GPS system - that came with the car - wife wanted a mini van - got a Honda Oddesey :P ) . It was decetn squizz was alright - just when they went to send me the bill to re up after 3 months I just couldn't see the point in paying for radio -- If i want commercial free I hook up my Ipod.

Agree with Burt. The only thing missing from XM is the NFL stuff.

Also, O&A are still good, and better than Stern. Though I must admit that O&A have yet to be as funny as they were when they were on FM radio in NY. Their Mike Tyson climbing the Empire State Building and crazy Charlton Heston runs the NRA skits in the WNEW days were fantastic.

Agree with Burt. The only thing missing from XM is the NFL stuff.

Also, O&A are still good, and better than Stern. Though I must admit that O&A have yet to be as funny as they were when they were on FM radio in NY. Their Mike Tyson climbing the Empire State Building and crazy Charlton Heston runs the NRA skits in the WNEW days were fantastic.

I have those bits and many others saved on my computer, the Tyson stuff was ###### great. I almost drove off the Tappan Zee one time listening to the Tyson bit with the transmiter on his back, ended up pulling over on 287 to compose myself.

I have those bits and many others saved on my computer, the Tyson stuff was ###### great. I almost drove off the Tappan Zee one time listening to the Tyson bit with the transmiter on his back, ended up pulling over on 287 to compose myself.

Can I get a copy? :lol:

Can I get a copy? :lol:

I can mail them to you if you want, I just downloaded them from foundrymusic.com. I also got some stuff off of oandavirus.com. There's lots of stuff out there. There are even CD collections on ebay if you wanted to fork out some cashish.

I can relate.

I loved that stuff. The Heston crap and the intern Spaz were gold too.

I can mail them to you if you want, I just downloaded them from foundrymusic.com. I also got some stuff off of oandavirus.com. There's lots of stuff out there. There are even CD collections on ebay if you wanted to fork out some cashish.

I'll check out the link. Thanks.

Buy XM.

Sirrius may fold over the whole "Stern" thing.They are staking the entire company on Stern.Paying him a ton of money,as well as making Bubba the love sponge(and many others) become a complete Hack and Stern apologist.It is down right silly.

O and A are way better then Stern.IMO

The ONLY thing Sirrius has over XM is the NFL.

I have had Sirius for 3 weeks now and I haven't listened to old radio and almost never watch tv now.

I love Stern and Bubba isn't bad. The Comedy channels are pretty cool to.

The NFL station is gret 24 non stop football talk.

If Howard were to go back to old radio I would keep Sirius just for the music.

Love the Jam band station, and I get to hear a ton of the DEAD Jerry Garcia band etc...

I have no clue what XM has except MLB witch I would love but I bet either are WAY better then old radio.

Stern also said his show will be online soon. Not sure if that mean Sirius will be adding all talk radio to the internet or if it's just Stern.

Their clean stuff was great, but they have been putting out some phenominal bits on XM:

--The Robert Reed AIDS jokes were tasteless but hilarious

--They played the Pat O'Brien tapes 8 months before Hoo-Hoo claimed to have the "exclusive"

--Patrice O'Neal could be the funniest "unknown" comic out there. His stories are top notch and his solution for singing "chick songs" without appearing gay was hysterical

--Any Howard rant they have done in the past year could not have worked as effectively on terrestrial radio

I was fan in the AAF Boston days AND NEW NY days and the XM stuff is on par -- or better.

hasnt sirius put them out of buisness yet ?

Despite the Stern hype and lies, XM is still the #1 (of 2) satellite radio companies.

Go with Sirius, not XM.

XM has a deal with Clear Channel. They've already added four commercial radio stations.

Sirius is 100% commercial free. (other than national feeds like ESPN, ABC News, ect.)

Sirius has Stern, NFL, and, starting next year, Nascar.

Also, as an XM subscriber, I can tell you that their Rock N' Roll channels suck. Sirius is much better for Rock.

Also, as an XM subscriber, I can tell you that their Rock N' Roll channels suck. Sirius is much better for Rock.

1st wave baby!