Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Reigning Miss Deaf Texas killed by train

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11822960/?GT1=7850

AUSTIN - The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died Monday afternoon after being struck by a train, officials said.

Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train, authorities said. A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the accident occurred.

McAvoy, who had been deaf since birth, won the state title in June and represented the state “with dignity and pride,” state pageant director Laura Loeb-Hill told the Associated Press via e-mail Monday night.

Yes, I'm going to hell, thank you for asking.

I wish this story would get hit by a train so it would just die already.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11822960/?GT1=7850

AUSTIN - The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died Monday afternoon after being struck by a train, officials said.

Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train, authorities said. A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the accident occurred.

McAvoy, who had been deaf since birth, won the state title in June and represented the state “with dignity and pride,” state pageant director Laura Loeb-Hill told the Associated Press via e-mail Monday night.

Yes, I'm going to hell, thank you for asking.

Guess she couldn't read either..

I can understand having sporting events for paralyzed or otherwise handicapped people, special olympics, etc., but beauty pageants for deaf women? :banana:

I would think if it was that close, she could feel the ground shake or something. Did she have her eyes closed? :banana:

I guess she wasn't expecting the train to fake her out by making an unexpected left turn without signaling.

Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train...

Yeah. I'm guessing she was pretty DANG near those tracks. :lol:

I saw this coming.

An American Sign Language railroad crossing gate would only have cost about $50,000.

But NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! :lol:

Guest RenoZ
Currently 6" x 1/32" x 24'.

FOCKING-A, did I ever miss this forearm!!!! :doublethumbsup: