Sign in to follow this  
TIKI-BARBERS-BARBER

When Is The Sopranos Going To Get Better ?

Take note, Geeks. Gedjrge Carlin and I have a bet.

The stakes: One Fenway Frank.

The contingency: Chris gets whacked before Phil, edjr wins.

Phil gets whacked before Chris, I win.

Neither gets whacked or simul-whack, it's a draw.

Loser has to dress like Vito from last night's episode?

The kid was in on Tony whipping his ass,

Nah... I don't think so.

with regards to fights, ass-kickins, etc, the show does a good job of showing that it isn't always the guy you'd think that win a fight.

We've seen it with Paully and Feech (last season) beat up people that you'd never think they could (paully wacking a guy with a shovel then taking his lawnmower, paully confronting the physically fit Barone kid last week)

Many times, it's the guy who's willing to go the furthers and be the craziest that wins the scrap.

Tony adjusted his ring last night right before he hit muscle-boy... and you know damn well the kid didn't know what to do: fight Tony Soprano? actually throw a punch back at him? that'd be suicide and I think the crew was even telling him not to fight back.

I thought it might be staged because Tony didn't get his convalescent ass handed to him.
Do you realize he's been out of the hospital for about two months when that fight takes place and he (a) suckered the guy while Perry was sitting and Tony was standing and (:mellow: when Perry charged him Tony locked his right arm and then started to pummel him.

I don't see why its so unreasonable. Thinking he told the kid to let him beat his ass is unreasonalbe in my opinion.

Loser has to dress like Vito from last night's episode?

Those stakes aren't really fair, are they? .

I don't see why its so unreasonable. Thinking he told the kid to let him beat his ass is unreasonalbe in my opinion.

It coulda been real. I'm not saying it is unreasonable.

If the kid wasn't in on it, it was a hell of a risk on Tony's part. If the kid had beat him down it wouldn't have helpd Tony's image any.

Vito killed himself? I missed that part.

well he called Syl @ 3:00 a.m. to see if Sal had said anything yet...I just think it's a given that he's gonna cap himself. He was so disgusted with his wife all show, he's gonna off himself.

well he called Syl @ 3:00 a.m. to see if Sal had said anything yet...I just think it's a given that he's gonna cap himself. He was so disgusted with his wife all show, he's gonna off himself.

the call to Sil was definitely of the recon nature. Vito needed to know if word had gotten around yet.

will he kill himself? I don't know but it certainly makes him a wild-card right now. Vito's a man who's lost everything now and that could make him very reckless as he's got nothing to lose. Maybe Vito makes a play for Fin and then shoots himself?

I doubt he's going to kill himself. Don't be surprised if he kills the 2 kids that saw him in the club.

I doubt he's going to kill himself. Don't be surprised if he kills the 2 kids that saw him in the club.

:first:

that's his only chance... bu t time is tickin'. He's already gone home, gotten a gun, gone to the motel, called Sil... there's no telling where those 2 kids are or who they've spoken to.

Do you guys even watch the end of the program when they show small parts of the upcoming episode?

No, I don't want to know. Please keep it that way. tia

:first:

that's his only chance... bu t time is tickin'. He's already gone home, gotten a gun, gone to the motel, called Sil... there's no telling where those 2 kids are or who they've spoken to.

it was pretty late, i bet they're waiting till morning.

Well, Vito didn't grab his gun, and got to a hotel room for a mini-vacation.

I think its a safe assumtion that he did off himself since he's not answering his cell phone, but I could be wrong.

Silvio not hearing about it doesn't mean that Sal and his buddy didn't tell anyone.

I think its a safe assumtion that he did off himself since he's not answering his cell phone, but I could be wrong.

Silvio not hearing about it doesn't mean that Sal and his buddy didn't tell anyone.

Him not answering his cell phone means nothing. Maybe he's crying and ashamed and he doesn't want to answer? Maybe he's running away? Could be a lot of options without killing himself.

Him not answering his cell phone means nothing. Maybe he's crying and ashamed and he doesn't want to answer? Maybe he's running away? Could be a lot of options without killing himself.

Making Vito suicidal is kind of strange. You'd think that a mob guy at his level would have some cash stashed. Why not run?

Making Vito suicidal is kind of strange. You'd think that a mob guy at his level would have some cash stashed. Why not run?

yeah, I'm not convinced he killed himself. He was a "top" earner so you know he's got cash.

And like I said, I think he'll do something drastic before he kills himself... some sort of "last hurrah" or something. Either killing someone he really dislikes OR getting one final grope on Finn.

I worry that Chase will focus on Carmella at the end rather than Tony...

yeah and you're probably right too.

Carm, unlike Tony, can have peace *IF* she can break free from him. As we saw with big Pvssy's wife (with the corvette and car-shop), ex-mob wives CAN gain independence.

Carm has become more of a player in Tony's "Business" too: Confessing to Melfi that she "knows where her husbands money comes from" AND telling Tony to watch out for Vito, that the package should have had more. She's NEVER been that forward and accepting of the "business" before.

yeah, I'm not convinced he killed himself. He was a "top" earner so you know he's got cash.

And like I said, I think he'll do something drastic before he kills himself... some sort of "last hurrah" or something. Either killing someone he really dislikes OR getting one final grope on Finn.

yeah and you're probably right too.

THe guy that hung himself, should have done something drastic before he killed himself. Taken a shot at tony? taken a shot at someone. Just hanging himself was so weak.

THe guy that hung himself, should have done something drastic before he killed himself. Taken a shot at tony? taken a shot at someone. Just hanging himself was so weak.

no.

a life from which there is no escape.

The guy that hanged himself (Gene) did so because it was the only way his family could ever be free.

Gene sacrificed himself so that his wife and kids could move to Florida and spend the inheritance. Shooting Tony (or doing something drastic) would NOT have solved anything for him.

no.

a life from which there is no escape.

The guy that hanged himself (Gene) did so because it was the only way his family could ever be free.

Gene sacrificed himself so that his wife and kids could move to Florida and spend the inheritance. Shooting Tony (or doing something drastic) would NOT have solved anything for him.

Why did he kill himself? Cause tony said he couldn't leave. So knowing he was going to kill himself, why not take someone with him? his wife still would have been free to do what she wanted.

Why did he kill himself? Cause tony said he couldn't leave. So knowing he was going to kill himself, why not take someone with him? his wife still would have been free to do what she wanted.

:mrswilzone:

I'm not gonna' go through the whole dynamic for you here.

- Vito's gonna get whacked if/when they find out he's gay and there'd be nothing but sympathy for his wife.

- Gene had no immediate threats to himself and going after a mobster would only put his family at risk. It's the very thing he was trying to avoid.

the two situations are completely different.

I agree that he killed himself. They mentioned that he hadn't answered his cell phone for a couple of days. Only surprising thing is that his wife hadn't called anyone to see where he was.

If that is the end of Vito, I don't like how they did it. For a guy who knew that his secret being exposed would be his demise, why would he go to a gay bar where he knew people from the family made collections from?

why would he go to a gay bar where he knew people from the family made collections from?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he didn't know that the family collected from them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he didn't know that the family collected from them.

Maybe the family didn't collect from them and that one bartender owed money from a loan or a bet he lost.

He's a Captain. I would assume he'd know.

Also, he should probably keep himself out of all gay bars anywhere near their turf, regardless.

Also, he should probably keep himself out of all gay bars anywhere near their turf, regardless.

that outfit had me laughing out loud though...seriously <_<

Maybe the family didn't collect from them and that one bartender owed money from a loan or a bet he lost.

Gays don't watch sports, so I don't know what he'd bet on. Unless they post WNBA lines now.

<_<

also, Vito's with NJ. I think the 2 kids who saw him were from NY. :cry:

and, people do stupid sh!t all the time even though it'd be their demise:

- Vito blowing the guy in parking lot (a mob-run construction site)

- teachers who bang their underaged students

- Homeland security guys that lure underaged girls over the internet

though I agree, if Vito is dead it is disappointing. They were setting him up to be the new bad-guy.

It was a JOKE!

I've already givin' up. The writing sucks, cheesy product placement all over. It's like a completely different show.

LOST > Sopranos

Wait a minute.

If I win, do I really want to eat a Fenway Frank that edjr gives me?

I watched this episode again (On-damand)

one thing I overlooked but was probably the most symbolic moment of the episode:

- Carmella strolls down to the end of the driveway in her robe and gets the newspaper... not Tony.

I watched this episode again (On-damand)

one thing I overlooked but was probably the most symbolic moment of the episode:

- Carmella strolls down to the end of the driveway in her robe and gets the newspaper... not Tony.

She was getting it to hide the article about Junior from Tony.

HTH

I don't think the fight was staged at all? Why do you guys think that?

Tony looked around the room and felt a disconnect with his "family". He needed to remind everyone who was boss and that the hospital stay did not weaken him. :blink:

Also, I thought it was another grat episode. They did a good job portraying him going "back to work".

I agree the fight wasn't staged. Tony figured the kid was hot headed and knew the kid would fight. He stood in the doorway and figured out what he had to do to get the doubters turned around. Those pretty muscle boys make lousy street fighters anyways.

On 4/10/2006 at 12:33 PM, brinett9 said:

Who won?  We miss you sargeant brian :(

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who won?  We miss you sargeant brian :(

You won---Chris got whacked a few episodes from the end---Phil, last episode(IIRC)

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

You won---Chris got whacked a few episodes from the end---Phil, last episode(IIRC)

:overhead:     I am sure Sarg bri has long passed. I will never get my fenway frank. :(

3 hours ago, edjr said:

:overhead:     I am sure Sarg bri has long passed. I will never get my fenway frank. :(

Vito will give it to you. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cantaloupe Fingerbang said:

Vito will give it to you. 

I'd rather he give me some flap jacks