Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

LenDale White has torn hamstring.....

I move Addai up to his spot in the first. Addai in Indy would be nice!

Love it! Addai, who couldn't stay healthy during the football season...when they play the games...against college level competition...moves up past White who either tore the hammy after the season OR played through the injury.

Ah, the logic of football fans.

Love it! Addai, who couldn't stay healthy during the football season...when they play the games...against college level competition...moves up past White who either tore the hammy after the season OR played through the injury.

Ah, the logic of football fans.

I love the fact that I have the right to my opinion whether you like it or not!!

Ah, the pathetic arrogance of some!!! :thumbsup:

Way I hear it, he considered eating doughnuts a workout. :unsure:

I heard that he hides dougnuts under his man boobs while working out.

He claims Crispy Creme is a sanctioned performance enhancing pastry.

I'll be surprised if he makes it passed the Broncos at #22. He's said on record it's been his dream to play in front of his home town for the Broncos...I would think that would be plenty of motivation by itself, if he does have problems with getting motivated. With their zone blocking schemes, the broncos RBs need good vision, not great speed. If slow ass Dayne can bust a 55 yarder, White can too. TD never had great speed either, but he saw the entire play. I think he fits well in Denver. Of course, I don't think they could go wrong with Moroney or Williams either.

I thought I saw he tore it in February doing some test for scouts...

I do think Pittsburg takes him if he drops that far...he's a good replacement for Bettis.

I love the fact that I have the right to my opinion whether you like it or not!!

Ah, the pathetic arrogance of some!!! :ninja:

Never once questioned your right to an opinion. Have several if you'd like.

I truly do love the leaps of faith, the endless search for the next best thing, the grass is greener spirit that drives sports fans and discussions like this one.

You take yourself far too seriously, my man.

I truly do love the leaps of faith, the endless search for the next best thing, the grass is greener spirit that drives sports fans and discussions like this one.

Funny.........................seems to me if you go back and read the posts, I'm the one with the opinion, and you're the one that had to inject your vast knowledge of the game.

Let's reset this: I move Addai into White's spot at the bottom of the first round. He COULD be huge in Indy!!

..........Here is where you inject your pompous, Smart A$$ comment!!...........

I move Addai up to his spot in the first. Addai in Indy would be nice!

..............solely for context..................

QUOTE(JT @ Apr 14 2006, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny.........................seems to me if you go back and read the posts, I'm the one with the opinion, and you're the one that had to inject your vast knowledge of the game.

Let's reset this: I move Addai into White's spot at the bottom of the first round. He COULD be huge in Indy!!

..........Here is where you inject your pompous, Smart A$$ comment!!...........

..............solely for context..................

Far, far too seriously.

Steelers drafted Heath Miller even though he was fresh off a sports hernia injury.

It is early and the STeelers would not be drafting him to be a starter or even much of a contributor unless (or when) Staley goes down.

I think it's just "WHEN"....unfortunately :ninja:

Link

USC's White to visit Valley Ranch

Mac Engel

4/16/2006

A player once thought to be unavailable to the Cowboys, who pick 18th overall in the NFL Draft later this month, might be there for the taking at a position the team once thought it had filled.

USC running back LenDale White, who was once considered a top-15 selection, is scheduled to visit the Cowboys on Tuesday at Valley Ranch, according to a source.

White's draft status took a hit recently when it was learned he has a partially torn right hamstring and will not be able to run the 40-yard dash until after the draft. The injury could push him further down the draft board, possibly to the Cowboys.

The Cowboys currently have Julius Jones and Marion Barber as the team's top two running backs. They will be entering their third and second NFL seasons, respectively.

But the Cowboys have not had a 1,000-yard rusher since Emmitt Smith in 2001. And there is some concern whether Jones has the durability to be an every-down back. Jones missed eight games his rookie season in 2004 and missed three games last season.

http://www.dfw.com

QUOTE(JT @ Apr 14 2006, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Far, far too seriously.

:) :first:

I am praying that White falls to mah Panthers at 27. So yes please everybody keep talking up about how he is a lazy punk and an accident waiting to happen. But if he turns out to be a bust, as it were, sounds like he has a great future in sumo.

If I was Lendale White and I showed up at the combine out of shape and my stock was dropping, I would lie and say I had a hamstring injury. Not saying that's what he did. That's just what I would do.

If I was Lendale White and I showed up at the combine out of shape and my stock was dropping, I would lie and say I had a hamstring injury. Not saying that's what he did. That's just what I would do.

MRI's don't lie brother.

An MRI examination has revealed that White, whose stock has fallen because of his inability to work out for scouts, has a right hamstring tear that will sideline him for about another month and preclude him from running.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2407977

MRI's don't lie brother.

An MRI examination has revealed that White, whose stock has fallen because of his inability to work out for scouts, has a right hamstring tear that will sideline him for about another month and preclude him from running.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2407977

That's why I went out of my way to say that's what I would do.

That's why I went out of my way to say that's what I would do.

Hun? I'm confused. You think he doesn't have a tear?

Hun? I'm confused. You think he doesn't have a tear?

What the fock do I know about Lendale White? :unsure:

I may well be wrong, but it smacks of someone giving excuses and engaging in damage limitation before his professional career has even started. Doesn't bode hugely well for his NFL career.

Yes, it's bad news for him but his camp are spinning it so badly.

I may well be wrong, but it smacks of someone giving excuses and engaging in damage limitation before his professional career has even started. Doesn't bode hugely well for his NFL career.

Yes, it's bad news for him but his camp are spinning it so badly.

This is priceless, an MRI showing a tear in a hamstring is giving an excuse and spinning?

What don't you guys understand about MRI's? Do you think they made up the MRI scan, the doctor and the analysis?

I have never seen anything like this before, accusing a player who has been diagnosed through an MRI with a torn hamstring, not even pulled but torn, of a lie and his camp spinning. Take the tin foil hats off boys. :doublethumbsup:

This is priceless, an MRI showing a tear in a hamstring is giving an excuse and spinning?

What don't you guys understand about MRI's? Do you think they made up the MRI scan, the doctor and the analysis?

I have never seen anything like this before, accusing a player who has been diagnosed through an MRI with a torn hamstring, not even pulled but torn, of a lie and his camp spinning. Take the tin foil hats off boys. :doublethumbsup:

You misunderstand me.

"Spin" doesn't mean lying - it's just the process of releasing or passing on information positively or negatively.

For example, after Culpepper's recent interview most papers said "Culpepper rehabbing well and ahead of target"; one said "Culpepper may miss season opener or worse". That's a prime example of positive or negative spin of the same source material .

Everything about how this has been handled by White's camp smacks of excuse-giving. e.g. they needed a top expert to find the tear because any given doctor wouldn't have found it; and White effectively saying "now you should believe me, I do have an excuse after all".

It's all about the impression that's created about the issue - and this one created a very negative impression.

OK, you're right, but here's the thing that you need to understand.

1. This report is from a Chiropractor not a doctor with a medical degree. A chiroprator is not suppose to diagnose an injury, that is why we never heard an offical medical report.

2. the report we are given says a moderate tear. There is a medical classification system for muscle tears. We hear the terms "pulled" or "strained". What people need to realize that even the most minor class is considered a tear in the muscle, and would show up on the MRI. He could have slightly pulled a muscle back while he was playing for USC in January and it would show on the MRI, however, the severity of the injury wasn't bad enough for him not to play.

IMO he is playing this minor tear as an excuse. No Dr. would come out with a statement to say he tore his hamstring, so he got a chiroprator to say it. He didn't like the image he was getting during his scouting and proday, so he made up the hamstring which he pulled months ago. If he couldn't run because of the hamstring before I would think he was at least smart enough to tell everyone that's the reason he's not running, instead of allowing scouts to think that he is just plain lazy or has something to hide.

OK, you're right, but here's the thing that you need to understand.

1. This report is from a Chiropractor not a doctor with a medical degree. A chiroprator is not suppose to diagnose an injury, that is why we never heard an offical medical report.

2. the report we are given says a moderate tear. There is a medical classification system for muscle tears. We hear the terms "pulled" or "strained". What people need to realize that even the most minor class is considered a tear in the muscle, and would show up on the MRI. He could have slightly pulled a muscle back while he was playing for USC in January and it would show on the MRI, however, the severity of the injury wasn't bad enough for him not to play.

IMO he is playing this minor tear as an excuse. No Dr. would come out with a statement to say he tore his hamstring, so he got a chiroprator to say it. He didn't like the image he was getting during his scouting and proday, so he made up the hamstring which he pulled months ago. If he couldn't run because of the hamstring before I would think he was at least smart enough to tell everyone that's the reason he's not running, instead of allowing scouts to think that he is just plain lazy or has something to hide.

Link to the chiropractor story. I find this VERY hard to believe.

Link to the chiropractor story. I find this VERY hard to believe.

from KFFL

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports USC RB LenDale White (hamstring) underwent an MRI on his right hamstring that showed he has a moderate tear near the pelvic region, according to Dr. Randall Eldridge, a Denver chiropractor renowned for his treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The hamstring tear will sideline White until mid-May, which means White will not have a personal workout prior to the April 29 NFL Draft and may not be ready for the minicamp of the NFL team that selects him. "He should recover fine," Dr. Eldridge said. "He just needs time to heal. But I could see where he would have been in considerable pain had he tried to run." White hopes the tear found in his hamstring will ease NFL executive concerns about his work ethic. The extent of the potential damage to his draft value, however, won't be known until April 29.

He is a Dr. because he has a PHD, but if he were a MD he would have ben introduced as such, not a chiroprator. He specializes in muscle thingy is to say he is qualified eventhough he is not an MD. However, all chiroprators can say that the specialize in musculosketal injuries.

from KFFL

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports USC RB LenDale White (hamstring) underwent an MRI on his right hamstring that showed he has a moderate tear near the pelvic region, according to Dr. Randall Eldridge, a Denver chiropractor renowned for his treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The hamstring tear will sideline White until mid-May, which means White will not have a personal workout prior to the April 29 NFL Draft and may not be ready for the minicamp of the NFL team that selects him. "He should recover fine," Dr. Eldridge said. "He just needs time to heal. But I could see where he would have been in considerable pain had he tried to run." White hopes the tear found in his hamstring will ease NFL executive concerns about his work ethic. The extent of the potential damage to his draft value, however, won't be known until April 29.

He is a Dr. because he has a PHD, but if he were a MD he would have ben introduced as such, not a chiroprator. He specializes in muscle thingy is to say he is qualified eventhough he is not an MD. However, all chiroprators can say that the specialize in musculosketal injuries.

Wow totally missed that even in the article I linked. I agree, this sounds fishy.

Looks as if the Steelers did their own MRI on White

LenDale White underwent an MRI when he visited the Steelers. The test revealed a minor hamstring tear, confirming his first MRI taken last week, his uncle and professional adviser Herman White said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3725256

I can go back to feeling better about him than I did yesterday when I was told about the chiropractor diagnosis.

I can go back to feeling better about him than I did yesterday when I was told about the chiropractor diagnosis.

I, on the other hand, think he's a pile of crap with man-boobs.

A "small tear" in the hammy is no reason for him to have never been clocked in a 40. I bet he runs a 5, and it would be a 5.4 if his man boobs didn't flap over the line before his fat ass got there.

I question his work ethic to show up at the combine that out of shape, running or not. There's no excuse for that. It was the most important day of his career and he came in looking like a loaf.

What'll he do if he gets millions, buy a McDonalds and camp there until August?

He might well have man-boobed himself out of the 1st round. :rolleyes:

Disagree, you can't run a 40 with a pulled hammy let alone slightly torn.

If he were to run a 40 on a slightly torn hammy he would end up with a severly torn hammy instantly.

Disagree, you can't run a 40 with a pulled hammy let alone slightly torn.

If he were to run a 40 on a slightly torn hammy he would end up with a severly torn hammy instantly.

Thank you, Dr murf74.

:lol:

No one knows the severity, but NFL players line up every day with "slightly torn" [insert muscle here] all the time.

And my point remains: running or not, there's no excuse for showing up to the combine that out of shape. I probably run a 7.3 40, and I don't have man-boobs.

It might also explain why he gained weight between the combine and his personal workout - because he couldn't condition like he was heading into the combine.

David Terrell didn't do any workouts because of a broken foot and it didn't drop his stock too much. I'd suspect White remains in the 1st, close to the end. There are a lot of teams around that point that he would look pretty decent on.

David Terrell didn't do any workouts because of a broken foot and it didn't drop his stock too much.

no but obviously it should have.

Thank you, Dr murf74.

:huh:

No one knows the severity, but NFL players line up every day with "slightly torn" [insert muscle here] all the time.

And my point remains: running or not, there's no excuse for showing up to the combine that out of shape. I probably run a 7.3 40, and I don't have man-boobs.

I'm the doctor for saying he shouldn't run for fear he could end up with a sever hammy injury. What does that make you when you say he CAN run on it? Doc Scooter?

If you have a great career to rest your head on, why would you run on a partially torn hammy? No reason to risk it.

Guys this is more smoke and mirrors. A partailly torn Hammy is the same exact thing as a pull. PIT released this to make the injury sound worse than what it really is because they want him to drop in the draft to #32.

Great job Steelers, but White will be heading to DEN, NE, CAR, or IND before he gets to you.

I'm the doctor for saying he shouldn't run for fear he could end up with a sever hammy injury. What does that make you when you say he CAN run on it? Doc Scooter?

If you have a great career to rest your head on, why would you run on a partially torn hammy? No reason to risk it.

I never said he should...

What I said was that there was no excuse to show up out of shape for the most important day of his career.

I'll throw you a bone though - let's say he has a torn hammy...let's say it was so bad he couldn't run on it (despite reportedly having played on it the last several games of the season and having a lot of time to recover) - but ok, he has a torn hammy, and it hurts. wah. :cry:

That's STILL no excuse to show up out of shape. I would find it difficult to believe that any doctor in the land would perscribe cheetos and corn fritters for a partial hammy tear, and judging from the man-aries he's sporting, the only thing he was lifting was a 2 liter bottle of coke to wash down his chili cheese fries.

Just saying...I'm no doctor, but I find it inexcusable for him to turn into a tub of lard over a few months prior to the biggest payday of his life. And anyone that lazy/dumb is an instant risk for whomever drafts him.