Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

So.... I'm looking for a mini-van....

I've got my mustang... so now we need more room.... looking at mini-vans... Found what I think is a pretty good deal on craigslist.

2002 Toyota Sienna.... 40k> miles on it... seems very well maintained. Some dude paid 25k< sticker for it new.

He wants a bit over 15k for it.

Check it out.... you family guys out there.

http://portland.craigslist.org/car/150727235.html

Any comments on your vans? Which one you drive and do you like it? I was going to do the SUV thing.. but I drive a Tahoe for work. It's costing the government $60 dollars a FILLUP!! Sometimes more than once a day! :wub: So it's a mini-van for me... same room. If I want to go offroad I'll use a pickup.

And fock off in advance for the smartazz answers. :thumbsup:

Pussay.

Seriously, years ago we went with the Suburban so I can't comment. We have 3 kids, all young and in car seats at the time, and we wanted to get all 3 across in the middle row so that we could fold down the back for extended trips. Good luck doing that in a minivan.

Two words

Honda Odyessy

ohhhhhhh.........and GFIAFP :thumbsup:

Yeah I was looking at those... I'm not looking to drop 25k though...

I've got my mustang... so now we need more room.... looking at mini-vans... Found what I think is a pretty good deal on craigslist.

2002 Toyota Sienna.... 40k> miles on it... seems very well maintained. Some dude paid 25k< sticker for it new.

He wants a bit over 15k for it.

Check it out.... you family guys out there.

http://portland.craigslist.org/car/150727235.html

Any comments on your vans? Which one you drive and do you like it? I was going to do the SUV thing.. but I drive a Tahoe for work. It's costing the government $60 dollars a FILLUP!! Sometimes more than once a day! :wub: So it's a mini-van for me... same room. If I want to go offroad I'll use a pickup.

And fock off in advance for the smartazz answers. :thumbsup:

Maybe you should take a roadtrip with the new Mustang to check it out. Portland can be confusing for a novice hick like yourself. ;)

Pussay.

Seriously, years ago we went with the Suburban so I can't comment. We have 3 kids, all young and in car seats at the time, and we wanted to get all 3 across in the middle row so that we could fold down the back for extended trips. Good luck doing that in a minivan.

Yeah... we only have the one boy now... though we'll probably start on more soon. We may have my youngest sister in law coming to live with us though so..

But brotha like I was saying before.... the gas is freakin CRAZY on a big SUV.... couldn't even imagine a suburban... what is that... $70-80 bones a fillup? Sheet... that's paying more for gas a month than your carpaypayment/insurance combined. :thumbsup:

Maybe you should take a roadtrip with the new Mustang to check it out. Portland can be confusing for a novice hick like yourself. :wub:

Hey... I was supposed to be in Aloha yesterday for my cousins kids birthday party... We were gonna play a bit o' poker last night and I was gonna invite you.

But the guy who was supposed to work for me, his kid got sick and I had to work, so I couldn't make it. My cousin's a professional painter.. he's got friends who do landscaping... build fences... all kinds of stuff.. but we don't have a plumber in the group. He was all like.. hey... we could use a good plumber in our gang. Invite him to play poker!! heh...

Probably gonna go one of these weekends this summer just to go... we'll get a game together.. ya'll have to come over Gary. :thumbsup:

we have an '00 Sienna. Love it. The price you're getting sounds about right, too. Well worth it.

Thanks Joe.. see now everyone. Take notice! This is the kind of good stuff this thread is deserving of! Heh.

I read they are pretty first rate for safety... that's numero uno and they're not to shabby looking either. Not too boxy.

Yeah... we only have the one boy now... though we'll probably start on more soon. We may have my youngest sister in law coming to live with us though so..

But brotha like I was saying before.... the gas is freakin CRAZY on a big SUV.... couldn't even imagine a suburban... what is that... $70-80 bones a fillup? Sheet... that's paying more for gas a month than your carpaypayment/insurance combined. :thumbsdown:

In your case I'd go with the van then. Can't help you with that decision.

On the gas note, that is true, but the interesting thing is we carpool to school with another family with 3 kids (actually 4, but the 4th is too young for school). Both of us have SUVs, so while the gas is worse, we travel twice as much. And that is a large portion of our driving, we don't put on the miles that you do.

Good luck.

Hey... I was supposed to be in Aloha yesterday for my cousins kids birthday party... We were gonna play a bit o' poker last night and I was gonna invite you.

But the guy who was supposed to work for me, his kid got sick and I had to work, so I couldn't make it. My cousin's a professional painter.. he's got friends who do landscaping... build fences... all kinds of stuff.. but we don't have a plumber in the group. He was all like.. hey... we could use a good plumber in our gang. Invite him to play poker!! heh...

Probably gonna go one of these weekends this summer just to go... we'll get a game together.. ya'll have to come over Gary. :lol:

Thanks Joe.. see now everyone. Take notice! This is the kind of good stuff this thread is deserving of! Heh.

I read they are pretty first rate for safety... that's numero uno and they're not to shabby looking either. Not too boxy.

I'll see you this summer Jerin and I expect to see the Mustang. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: KIA SEDONA!!! :lol:

Really... are you being serious? I own a hyundai so I've no stigma about Korean cars. I've had that Hyundai for 3 years with absolutely NO problems. Great has mileage and really good customer service and warranty. Hyundai owns Kia so...

I know they're loaded for options... but I dunno about they're safety ratings so... Someone with a bit more computer savy show me mini-van rankings? :(

Really... are you being serious? I own a hyundai so I've no stigma about Korean cars. I've had that Hyundai for 3 years with absolutely NO problems. Great has mileage and really good customer service and warranty. Hyundai owns Kia so...

I know they're loaded for options... but I dunno about they're safety ratings so... Someone with a bit more computer savy show me mini-van rankings? :doublethumbsup:

I bought a 2002 Kia Sedona, against my better judgement, 1st year out. It is a fully loaded EX that has everything short of leather.

It was $4,000 cheaper than a comparably equipped Windstar and a whole focking lot less than the Honda or Nissan.

It's had a few issues within the warranty... namely coil packs and an A/C compressor. Beyond those two issues, I've had to pay for nothing except routine maintenance. I hate the crapass gas mileage, but it was a worthwhile trade-off of the box frame - the only minivan so equipped (adding about 800 pounds).

If you want fold-away seats and a lot of bells and whistles... pay $28-$35 Gs for a Grand Caravan or an Odessey.

If you want to cart kids and sh!t around all over the place and not pay out the ass to do so, I can't complain about my Sedona.

5-star safety rating.

I've got a 2002 Grand Caravan that we bought used. As much as I hate to admit it, I like the thing. I'm a part time stay-at-home Dad now, and it's nice that the kids can get in and out on their own. Our previous kid-mobile was my `96 Trooper. Now, I loved my Trooper and miss it like crazy, but it wasn't kid friendly except that it had plenty of room for two carseats. Minivans are built for carting kids around. SUVs can merely handle the job.

I have a 2004 nissan quest. It was the first year of the redesign and we love it! It doesn't really look like a mini van and we have gotten more people stopping us than we had with the vette and navigator combined!

You can get a good deal on them since they are trying to make up market share, and you can a fully loaded one cheaper than the rest, I'm talking dvd navigation, multiple dvd screens and the like.

Currently I have the nav, 2 dvd screens, and then I put in an after market video switch so I can watch up to 3 different video sources as well as the navigation on any of the 3 screens. I just put in a jack so I can connect my mp3 player to the factory bose system without fm modulation and I also put a car starter. I love the thing and I only spend about 40 a week on gas.

One tip, use carfax to check any title, it's well worth the fee!

Here's a link to check out the pics, inside is definitely different and everyone loves the windows!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Ques...sspagenameZWDVW

maybe you could get a chrystler town and country

i mean... it works in the town AND the country... genious car name

(coming from a kid who drives a 91 le baron...) suxor :mad:

The Sedona's and the Dodge Grand Caravan's don't look to terrible... but the gas mileage on them seems to leave something to be desired.

I was hoping for better than low 20's. :thumbsup: But I suppose for the price you can't really complain. Those Nissan's look REALLY nice... but I'm not looking to spend 20k for this thing...

Well, I know that the Sedona carries approximately 700-pounds more than the next heaviest minivan due to the box-frame.

I'm watching the news RIGHT NOW... and the Kia Sedona rated "TOPS" in safety - the first minivan to ever achieve that distinction with the Insurance Institute of highway safety. Front, Sides, and Rear. The best. Better than the Odyssey. Better than ANY OTHER MINIVAN.

So, for all of the chop-breaking that I take on selecting the Kia, the fact is that it is visually appealing, and is the highest rated minivan in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD for safety. And when I ###### about the gas mileage, I always remind myself that this box-frame and the high safety in all tests is worth the trade-off... particularly since we drive an ASSLOAD of miles every year and typically do so with 4 precious passengers.

You can get a NEW one for under $20Gs now.

Kia Sedona Shows Strength in Safety Group's Crash Tests

By John O'Dell, Times Staff Writer

April 17, 2006

In the latest crash tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, South Korean automaker Kia Motors Corp.'s redesigned 2006 Sedona minivan achieved the best score the group has ever awarded a minivan.

With the institute's top rating of "good" for front-, side- and rear-impact crashes, the Sedona outscored even the popular Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna models, long the industry leaders in crash safety ratings.

:thumbsup:

I have a 2004 nissan quest. It was the first year of the redesign and we love it! It doesn't really look like a mini van and we have gotten more people stopping us than we had with the vette and navigator combined!

You can get a good deal on them since they are trying to make up market share, and you can a fully loaded one cheaper than the rest, I'm talking dvd navigation, multiple dvd screens and the like.

Currently I have the nav, 2 dvd screens, and then I put in an after market video switch so I can watch up to 3 different video sources as well as the navigation on any of the 3 screens. I just put in a jack so I can connect my mp3 player to the factory bose system without fm modulation and I also put a car starter. I love the thing and I only spend about 40 a week on gas.

One tip, use carfax to check any title, it's well worth the fee!

Here's a link to check out the pics, inside is definitely different and everyone loves the windows!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Ques...sspagenameZWDVW

I love the Quest too. Gas mileage is okay, but the space is worth it. Much more utility than a sport utility.

Honda or Toyota would be the way to go.

They should last forever.

Our minivan just died - '98 Chrysler Grand Caravan - 170,000 miles.

Had 1 transmission at 90,000 and regular stuff beyond that.

Good luck!

Actually I really like minivans.

They're easy to get in and out of. A real party wagon. At lunch we often pile into one and head out to a local joint.

Also:

Actually I have pretty nice little Saturday planned out. We're gonna go to Home Depot, buy some wall paper. Maybe get some flooring...stuff like that. Maybe some Bed Bath and Beyond. I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time!

They're easy to get in and out of. A real party wagon. At lunch we often pile into one and head out to a local joint.

Also:

You think KFC is still open? :wall:

Meph has really got me looking towards that silly little KIA. That safety hook is doubletough. And I just can't get my squish around spending 25-30K :shocking: for a comparably equipped Honda or Toyota. It's a mini-van dammit!!! <_<

Reguardless... I'm not buying new. I'll never buy new, I worked at a car dealership for 4 months while I was waiting on my security clearance for this job. Buying a new car is such a scam. I'll buy something a year or two old and let that 1st guy take the 20-30% hit. :thumbsdown:

Also:

Yeah, but it's hard not to do with the Kia at around $20K. 5/50 bumper-to-bumper, 24/7 roadside assistance, 10/100 on the powertrain... 5-speed automatic V6 with 3,800-pound towing capacity (may be more since I bought mine)...

maybe you could get a chrystler town and country

i mean... it works in the town AND the country... genious car name

(coming from a kid who drives a 91 le baron...) suxor :wall:

Brilliant! :lol: