Sign in to follow this  
harken34

Vikings grouping picks too move up

I've heard in a few places (espn, yahoo, fanball) that the Vikings are trying to move up in the draft by grouping some of their 5 draft picks on the first day too get one of the three top QB's.

Any Vikings fans hoping this same thing? Brad can't play forever. :lol:

I've heard in a few places (espn, yahoo, fanball) that the Vikings are trying to move up in the draft by grouping some of their 5 draft picks on the first day too get one of the three top QB's.

Any Vikings fans hoping this same thing? Brad can't play forever. :rolleyes:

it'll most likely take most of those picks to do it.

They should trade next years #1 and some picks to land the QB of the furture... like my Skins did with Campbell last year :rolleyes:

Any Vikings fans hoping this same thing? Brad can't play forever. :thumbsup:

Viking Season ticket holder here and I'm hoping the same thing. But if we move a bunch of picks it better not be for Jay Cutler.

Guest Black Label Society
Viking Season ticket holder here and I'm hoping the same thing. But if we move a bunch of picks it better not be for Jay Cutler.

Agreed. I'd prefer Leinhart. But man, that's alot of picks to trade away for 1 player.

I see them staying put myself and thats what I am hoping. I bet they take Whitehurst or Croyle in the second or third. If they don't draft a linebacker in the first I will be pissed, they should have taken one last year and they didn't. I think to get in position to get Leinart or Young they will have to give up all there picks and some next year, and niether might be even worth it. If Cutler is there at 17 I would be ok with him, just don't give up picks to land him.

I see them staying put myself and thats what I am hoping. I bet they take Whitehurst or Croyle in the second or third. If they don't draft a linebacker in the first I will be pissed, they should have taken one last year and they didn't. I think to get in position to get Leinart or Young they will have to give up all there picks and some next year, and niether might be even worth it. If Cutler is there at 17 I would be ok with him, just don't give up picks to land him.

Agreed. If the Vikes trade up, I want it to be for Young or Lineart. If Cutler falls, great. If he doesn't grab Sims, Greenway, or trade down and aim for Howard and/or D'Qwell Jackson.

I've been waiting for this. Everyone knows that Tennessee is in the market for QB, and everyone thinks Oakland is too. The question is the Jets, particularly if Lienart lasts to their pick. San Francisco is openly seeking trading partners, but has a nice position to take the best player available as a fallback.

J

Is it me, or does Cutler = Culpepper concerning each players onfield negatives.

I think they may be close. But is that a bad thing? Daunte really wasnt a bad player here in Minnesota. The reason hes gone is because he wanted out and did everything in his power to leave. If he wanted to be a Viking he would've made more of an effort to be in Minnesota than he did. Cutler would be a project like Daunte was but it wouldn't be a stupid move to bring him in ifs around at 17. JMO.

I think they may be close. But is that a bad thing? Daunte really wasnt a bad player here in Minnesota. The reason hes gone is because he wanted out and did everything in his power to leave. If he wanted to be a Viking he would've made more of an effort to be in Minnesota than he did. Cutler would be a project like Daunte was but it wouldn't be a stupid move to bring him in ifs around at 17. JMO.

Culpeppers stats are loaded with Moss catches.

The other thing is that it drive me crazy watching Dante stare down his receiver.

Some of his on the field negatives.

Not checking down the progressions, etc.

Call me silly, but give me a qb with a clue over a clueless guy with an arm. I want a ring dang nabbit

If they move up, I want Young.

Cutler is someone you may take at 17, not move up for.

Either way I would want to avoid him regardless.

Agreed. I'd prefer Leinhart. But man, that's alot of picks to trade away for 1 player.

It worked out well for Cleveland trading up to get Winslow.

Culpeppers stats are loaded with Moss catches.

The other thing is that it drive me crazy watching Dante stare down his receiver.

Some of his on the field negatives.

Not checking down the progressions, etc.

Call me silly, but give me a qb with a clue over a clueless guy with an arm. I want a ring dang nabbit

If they move up, I want Young.

Cutler is someone you may take at 17, not move up for.

Either way I would want to avoid him regardless.

Thats exactly what I said earlier. Move up for Young, but if we stay at 17 and Cutler is there why not take him?

Thats exactly what I said earlier. Move up for Young, but if we stay at 17 and Cutler is there why not take him?

Young and Lienart are ready to start sometime this season.

Best to wait until next.

But could start the season really and truthfully as the backup qb.

Cutler is a project. I think 2 years understudying with a chance to start in 3.

This needed to work on his negatives.

To try to coach him a clue.

You would definitely have to find a veteran to backup BJ this year.

Possibly compete with BJ for next year and then compete with Cutler the year after.

Does Collins have enough sign a 3 year deal?

Yet Collins does not lead this team to a SB.

But I think there isn't enough assurances this much training investment would take with Cutler.

Would rather pass on him and wait until the next round.

My gut says his current value is more to do with ESPN sports entertainment than actual worth.

The first alone would be enough to get Matt Schaub who I contend is every bit as good if not better than Jay Cutler.

To move up and get your choice of QB means dealing with either Houston or NO.

NO more apt to deal, imo.

Leinart I think would go to Tennessee, but I bet would rather be in NY. Media spotlight and all.

Though I am not certain if the Jets are looking for a QB (though they need one).

Young has the ability and the drive that I want in a qb.

If I were to settle for Cutler. I would want to take #17 drop down and get another pick.

Which means a deal with either San Diego or Dallas.

Dallas may take a QB. But I think tuna is making a run for this year or next.

Will likely not take a QB for the next coach at the expense for his attempt.

However KC is a team in need of a future qb as much as the vikes.

You cannot slip past them if you want to drop a few picks and take Cutler.

Still think he isn't worth anything more than a second round pick.

to move up to get one of the 3 'top' qbs it will take all 5 picks and if they do that i will kick the neighbors dog. i hope childress is smart enough not to do that. this team has too many holes in the LB corp to piss the entire draft away on the qb of the future.

Guest Black Label Society
to move up to get one of the 3 'top' qbs it will take all 5 picks and if they do that i will kick the neighbors dog. i hope childress is smart enough not to do that. this team has too many holes in the LB corp to piss the entire draft away on the qb of the future.

Agreed Bamm Bamm. I think they take the best LB at 17, or Deangelo if he's still there.

Grab a QB in the 2nd round.

Agreed Bamm Bamm. I think they take the best LB at 17, or Deangelo if he's still there.

Grab a QB in the 2nd round.

do you really think they need williams? i think chester will be a more than serviceable back behind that left side of the line. he did OK with Baltimore's craptastic line last year.

I'd trade up for Leinhart, Hawk or Super Mario or stand pat for the best LB/QB that falls to 17.

I'd trade up for Leinhart, Hawk or Super Mario or stand pat for the best LB/QB that falls to 17.

As nice as Mario would be, the Vikes have spent a first on DE the past 2 years. I'd rather have Hawk or Lineart.

There's some strange rumors afoot about these QBs. I don't think any of "the big three" get past Arizona. In fact, depending on who picks/trades, Leinart could be the third taken of the three.

The more I read, see and hear, Cutler is the guy the Vikes would want sitting behind BJ this year with Childress getting him ready to start in 2007. He should be the "cheapest" to pick up and may end up being the best pro as he has a skill set right in between VY and Leinart. And Cutler has found ways to win--Leinart never really has had to take over a game.

Teams that could take a QB in the Top 10: Hous, TN, NYJ, Oak, Det, AZ.

There's some strange rumors afoot about these QBs. I don't think any of "the big three" get past Arizona. In fact, depending on who picks/trades, Leinart could be the third taken of the three.

The more I read, see and hear, Cutler is the guy the Vikes would want sitting behind BJ this year with Childress getting him ready to start in 2007. He should be the "cheapest" to pick up and may end up being the best pro as he has a skill set right in between VY and Leinart. And Cutler has found ways to win--Leinart never really has had to take over a game.

Teams that could take a QB in the Top 10: Hous, TN, NYJ, Oak, Det, AZ.

Say rather the #10 pick. Rick Gosselin has said as much, and he is the number 1 rated mock guy. There are a number of teams positioning to move into the 5 to 11 range. Some of those teams are clearly in the QB market, like the Vikes, but others might be, eg Denver. It is clear that all three QB's are viewed, if not as legitimate top 10 picks, close enough when you add in the QB premium. The first round is all about LOOKS, and right now these guys look like the real deal. This does not mean that Brodie Croyle, for example, isnt the best QB in the draft, but he has clear and obvious shortcomings, and these guys dont.

For the last few weeks, Tennessee has been chewing over which of the three to go after. Cutler seems to have been quietly pushed out of that race, which leads me to believe that the owner's ties to Texas are trumping the Head Coach's ties to USC. That's the way my game entries look anyway. If so, I expect Leinart to go next to the Jets, which means that the 5-11 picks are all available to get Cutler, for the right price. Buffalo is known to be looking for a DT, and might trade out of the top 10, and still get their man. SF is already putting out the feelers for offers. Detroit might take a QB for themselves, especially if Huff is gone. Cutler is very much an Al Davis kind of pick. Even Arizona and St Louis might consider taking a QB themselves if one fell to them, and both are looking for players at deep positions in this draft pool, so a trade down would be advantagous.

J

Get Matt Schaub and he can start Day 1 in an offense he's been in for the past 6 years.

I think Minnesota will get Schaub if Cutler's gone at 17.

Get Matt Schaub and he can start Day 1 in an offense he's been in for the past 6 years.

I think Minnesota will get Schaub if Cutler's gone at 17.

Is it wrong that I say a little prayer every night for this to happen? :(