Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

2 years to the day

So your mom goes to psychics? And now you're going?

hmmmm. :thumbsdown:

The one she called was backed up for like a year. One day at school she was talking to a teacher friend and said she thought she was ready to see a psychic. She gets home and on the answering machine was a message from the psychic saying she had time to schedule her in now, after it had been months without hearing anything.

It doesnt end there. I mean this lady was able to go into details about our home, life changes, and other stories no one would know about. She pinpointed a time my mom had my step-dad pull over to get a turtle out of the road, alluding to the fact that she is kind to animals.

She was thinking about going into counseling, was out at the mailbox thinking I need a new mailbox. The psychic detailed the trip to the mailbox and how she recently was considering a career change and my brother was telling her to go for it, and how she needed a new mailbox.

Just a couple days before they went, they were talking about eventually looking into a lake house, and the lady said they had been talking about a vacation hom at the lake and someday this would happen, and how Tommy said she was afraid of moving but it was ok because he would go with her.

Even things about him and me this lady nailed spot-on.

It's not unfathomable, you just ahve to open your eyes. My brother communicates with me when he needs to. I think he does moreso with my mom because she needs the reassurance that he is there, but believe me my brother has come through for me as well. Why is it so hard to believe that life doesnt just end once you die? I'm open to the possibility of a medium connecting with the deceased, and since it isn't going to cost me anything to go, why not?

MUST... NOT... GO... SWERSKI!

Seriously Chad, we feel for your loss, but show some judgment. There must be some story to better memorialize your brother than that time he got commode-huggin' drunk in the eighth grade.

That's all I have to say about that.

I posted and deleted the same thing a few hours ago.

I hate to say it, but it kind of reminds me of the teens leaving beer cans as a memorial at the scene of their friends drunk driving crash.

Anniverary's like this can be tough and everyone deals with it in his or her own way, but judgment is a good thing.

Thoughts are with ya bud. :thumbsdown:

(cmh6476 @ May 2 2006, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uncle Tom

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :thumbsup:

Sorry about your bother. I lost my only sibling too.

you know, this made me think of one single instance where he has connected with me. I was driving down the road, listening to the radio and I said out loud (it was me and my daughter), "Kiersten, what would you like to listen to?"

I hit the next station in the memory and what else would you expect to come on?

Uncle Tom's Cabin ~ Warrant

:cry:

I posted and deleted the same thing a few hours ago.

I hate to say it, but it kind of reminds me of the teens leaving beer cans as a memorial at the scene of their friends drunk driving crash.

Anniverary's like this can be tough and everyone deals with it in his or her own way, but judgment is a good thing.

Thoughts are with ya bud. :thumbsdown:

I hear what you guys are saying, honestly. But like I said the evil comes from the person, not the substance.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :cry:

you know, this made me think of one single instance where he has connected with me. I was driving down the road, listening to the radio and I said out loud (it was me and my daughter), "Kiersten, what would you like to listen to?"

:thumbsdown:

I hear what you guys are saying, honestly. But like I said the evil comes from the person, not the substance.

She probably wanted to hear the Black Eye Peas.... my hump, my hump, my lovely lady humps - check it out!

I guess my point is that nothing good can come from drinking, absolutely nothing. Maybe nothing bad happens 1000 times in a row, but nothing good EVER happens. And even when nothing bad happens, slightly less bad sh*t happens. You lose your money, feel like crap the next day, etc. Again, no biggie...just an observation.

I guess my point is that nothing good can come from drinking, absolutely nothing. Maybe nothing bad happens 1000 times in a row, but nothing good EVER happens. And even when nothing bad happens, slightly less bad sh*t happens. You lose your money, feel like crap the next day, etc. Again, no biggie...just an observation.

I disagree with this. I have had some GREAT times drinking, so good can come out of it. You just need to be responsible and keep it under control.

I'm beginning to realize that he died in a tragic car crash.

ughh. poor cmh3#@43@1. That stinks man. :bandana:

She pinpointed a time my mom had my step-dad pull over to get a turtle out of the road, alluding to the fact that she is kind to animals.

I can see the psychic now. She is looking into her crystal ball.......

Pyschic:"I can see you driving in the car with your husband. You tell him to stop the car and you get out."

Chad's mom: "YES! YES! I got out to get the turtle out of the road!"

Psychic:"You are kind to animals"

Chad's mom: "I am! How do you know? You are amazing Pyschic lady! I can't wait to go home and tell my son Chad about this!"

Agree, to a point. Nothing good happens when immature, beligerent, raising hell types abuse alcohol. Moderation and knowing when enough is enough are key. Friends and family sharing a toast in memory of what seems to have been a well liked person seems to be in good taste, :bandana: imo.

Pyschic:"I can see you driving in the car with your husband. You tell him to stop the car and you get out."

Chad's mom: "I am! How do you know? You are amazing Pyschic lady! I can't wait to go home and tell my son Chad about this!"

:bandana:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family today cmh, enjoy the celebration of your bros life tonight.

Don't do it. If he said she knew stuff - then she knew stuff. Don't get into this debate.

They recorded the conversation. Believe me, I of all people am a skeptic. But there wasn't a thing off the beaten path, and many many times she was spot on. Especially when she started talking about me and my life.

Like I said, the point isn't to try and convince you guys, if you want to buy into you can but if you want to write it off as something else that isn't hard to do either. But I think like TD Ryan said, the key is in the healing process and how much it helps not necessarily me, but my mom.

My mom is doing a lot of stuff with parent who have lost children now. She's become good friends with a lady who's son died in a plane crash. She was all to the point where she wanted to go down and get a reading after she heard of my mom's experiences. With as busy as this lady is, she is taking the time to do a reading for her next week. She emailed my mom and said she knew how big of a deal this was and if she could help with the healing process then she would. That's pretty commendable if you ask me.

:bandana:

Don't do it. If he said she knew stuff - then she knew stuff. Don't get into this debate.

it's not worth getting into a p!ssing contest over, really.

My FIL said he heard she went to a psychic, and the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "meh, I dont believe in the kind of stuff."

My response to him was, I dont care if you believe it or not. The point isnt to try and convince you this stuff exists. But there is no question in my mind my brother is still with me, that's not an if he is type thing, he is there, I know it. You can belive it or not belive it, I dont care. But I know for a fact my brother is still with me, as he has shown me on numerous occassions.

also, I think a lot of these psychics do the readings for Free for mothers that have lost a child.

Like I said. I don't believe in it. But if it helps the healing process and especially if it's free (and in chad's mothers case, it may be), then who really gives a rats ass.

With as busy as this lady is, she is taking the time to do a reading for her next week. She emailed my mom and said she knew how big of a deal this was and if she could help with the healing process then she would. That's pretty commendable if you ask me.

I was just trying to make light out of a pyschic. I just don't believe in them because they are just scammers. If it helps your mom then good. But this lady is just trying to make a buck. If she really is all booked up (I doubt that as well) then it just proves that you live in a very gullible part of the country. I would call her actions commendable if she did your mom's next reading for free. Otherwise she is just making money off a poor woman who is still grieving her lost son.

also, I think a lot of these psychics do the readings for Free for mothers that have lost a child.

Like I said. I don't believe in it. But if it helps the healing process and especially if it's free (and in chad's mothers case, it may be), then who really gives a rats ass.

No hers are $100, then she gets to bring someone, which is why it's free for me.

For the lady that really really really wanted to get in, she is charging her $100 and then having her dedicate an extra $50 to any charity of her choice in her son's name for the psychic to setup a special visit.

It doesnt matter, its their money and if they want to they can. But just by how busy this lady is with appointments and people wanting to get in to see her, she has to have some solid backing.

I was just trying to make light out of a pyschic. I just don't believe in them because they are just scammers. If it helps your mom then good. But this lady is just trying to make a buck. If she really is all booked up (I doubt that as well) then it just proves that you live in a very gullible part of the country. I would call her actions commendable if she did your mom's next reading for free. Otherwise she is just making money off a poor woman who is still grieving her lost son.

My mom called this lady last year, and didnt get the message on the machine until a few weeks ago. I would think if this were a person scamming to make a buck, they would try and get them in as soon as they could. :bandana:

Ask the psychic how the Royals are gonna do?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. <_<

:cry:

So you hear the song Uncle Tom's Cabin, and you think your brother put that on the station? How many times have you changes the dial on the radio since your brother died? I'm thinking it was just a coincidence. I'm not saying you haven't heard from him, but this one just seems like you just heard a song on the radio, one that was popular a few years ago.

So you hear the song Uncle Tom's Cabin, and you think your brother put that on the station? How many times have you changes the dial on the radio since your brother died? I'm thinking it was just a coincidence. I'm not saying you haven't heard from him, but this one just seems like you just heard a song on the radio, one that was popular a few years ago.

well, the day he died i asked him to show me a rainbow to let me know he was still with me. I'm driving, looking, nothing. All of a sudden I turn the corner head down the street and there is the biggest brightest rainbow I have ever saw.

Or maybe it was the time I went to a concert he had a ticket to just after he died. Previously, I had asked him to spell his name in the clouds for me. I'm sitting there, jamming with all his friends listening to the Derek Trucks Band. They are playing "For my Brother." All of a sudden I turn around and right there in the only cloud in the sky are (clear as day) the letters T-O-M. And I dont think I was hallucinating cause the others there with me saw it also.

Or I could tell you about numerous other instances when he specifically showed me a sign. And I know for a fact he has visited me in at least one dream, believe me you know when they visit you. Like I said I'm not here to convince anyone else, I can just say matter of factly that I know for myself my brother is still with me.

well, the day he died i asked him to show me a rainbow to let me know he was still with me. I'm driving, looking, nothing. All of a sudden I turn the corner head down the street and there is the biggest brightest rainbow I have ever saw.

Or maybe it was the time I went to a concert he had a ticket to just after he died. Previously, I had asked him to spell his name in the clouds for me. I'm sitting there, jamming with all his friends listening to the Derek Trucks Band. They are playing "For my Brother." All of a sudden I turn around and right there in the only cloud in the sky are (clear as day) the letters T-O-M. And I dont think I was hallucinating cause the others there with me saw it also.

Or I could tell you about numerous other instances when he specifically showed me a sign. And I know for a fact he has visited me in at least one dream, believe me you know when they visit you. Like I said I'm not here to convince anyone else, I can just say matter of factly that I know for myself my brother is still with me.

Good for you, man! Keep the faith!

It is a tip that you were at M.O.T.ley Crue concert.

That may be true, and it may be OK to have alcohol at the gettogether, but I would seriously rethink using the story of the first time you got him shatfaced. Given what happened, it might not be as well received by others in the audience.

But others have said similar things and you are ignoring it. Perhaps we need Swerski. :thumbsdown:

Thoughts and prayers to you and your bro.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family today and this evening while you remember your brother, CMH.