Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Tell me which bands I should make an effort to see, TIA!

Like $130 for the 4-day pass with camping included

http://www.wakarusa.com/2006/lineup.asp

That's not a bad deal for the outdoor partying alone, and I usually love these types of music fairs. I've heard some good stuff about Govt. Mule too.

It all depends on the weather really and what other bands you wouldn't mind seeing.

That's not a bad deal for the outdoor partying alone, and I usually love these types of music fairs. I've heard some good stuff about Govt. Mule too.

It all depends on the weather really and what other bands you wouldn't mind seeing.

govt mule kicks ass! :pointstosky:

you should have heard them do "No Quarter" last year :thumbsdown:

There are about 4 other bands/artists in there that would be ok IMO.

Shooter Jennings

Bela Fleck

Todd Snider

Yonder Mountain String Band

These bands alone would be worth it.

Gov't Mule

The Flaming Lips

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

The Disco Biscuits

Les Claypool

Keller Williams

Michael Franti and Spearhead

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Railroad Earth

New Monsoon

dude, its tornado alley isnt it? you know where these shows end up..on the weather channel with jim cantore asking some toothless Skynryd fan why he didnt head for cover when he had the chance...

do it but be careful..think of the kid :huh:

dude, its tornado alley isnt it? you know where these shows end up..on the weather channel with jim cantore asking some toothless Skynryd fan why he didnt head for cover when he had the chance...

True :D I thought Cantore was promoted to inside though?

Not when I'm going to see The Flaming Lips at the Minnesota State Fair and Bob Schneider at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

If you do go, though, make sure you check out Trampled by Turtles. They're a bluegrass band (though, not really traditional) from Duluth, MN. They're excellent.

Warren Haynes rocks!!!

Wish I lived close enough to go to Wakarusa. Wait, no I don't. They need to relocate this festival to So Cal.

no. factor in travel expenses, childcare, BEER, etc.... too much $$$$

buy the CD and a bag..... :thumbsup:

tickets purchased and time off work = :banana:

also, which should I make an effort to see?

http://www.jambase.com/festivals/festivalb...=&ID=10&showID=

damn, and i was plannin on comin back early sunday, but I may have to make a special trip back down sun. night just to see yonder mountain, STS9 and bela fleck :banana:

also, which should I make an effort to see?

The Flaming Lips (Saturday 10:30)

Bob Schneider (Saturday 7:30)

Robert Randolph (Friday 10:15)

Trampled by Turtles (Thursday 1:15, Friday 5:30)

The Flaming Lips

I regretted leaving Gov't Mule last year for String Cheese. Mule only have one set this year, and it'll be hard to pull me away from them to go catch the Flaming Lips :banana:

These bands alone would be worth it.

Gov't Mule

The Flaming Lips

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

The Disco Biscuits

Les Claypool

Keller Williams

Michael Franti and Spearhead

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Railroad Earth

New Monsoon

Hell yes I'd go to that, and I'd throw Todd Snider in there as well. Funny focker!

Hell yes I'd go to that, and I'd throw Bob Schneider in there as well. Funny focker!

Big Head Bob has never failed to put on a good show. I've seen him probably more than I've seen any band, other than my friend's.

Hell yes I'd go to that, and I'd throw Todd Snider in there as well. Funny focker!

come on up, tix are only $119 and I'll be there so that alone is worth it :first:

Big Head Bob has never failed to put on a good show. I've seen him probably more than I've seen any band, other than my friend's.

I meant to say Todd Snider.

I've got one of his CDs, and he's pretty entertaining.

I meant to say Todd Snider.

I've got one of his CDs, and he's pretty entertaining.

Never heard of him.

Why not? I've seen the Flaming Lips, Les Claypool and Rev. Horton Heat live and all of them were both it. For the amount of music you're getting that sounds like a pretty good deal.

i think robert randolph is leading rev horton heat at this point, after listening to a little bit of their music :banana:

i sent jessy this PM, but does anyone else have any insight on my contemplations :thumbsdown:

--------------------

you want to do me a favor? I'm trying to figure out who I should go see, and I know you know an awful lot about some of these bands. You wanna give me a rundown of your "cant miss" acts, and maybe tell me a little about them?

http://www.wakarusafestival.com/2006/lineup.asp?a=181

Here's the stage schedule:

http://www.jambase.com/festivals/wakarusa/

I won't be there Thursday, so dont worry about those!

Friday, I dont know much about any of the acts before 4. Once you are inside, the sunup and sundown stage and revival tent are all relatively close, youd have to go a little ways to get to the campground, homeground or electronic stages. So unless there is just someone you think I just couldnt live without seeing, no need to go into any but the sunup, sundown and revival tent acts.

Here are my dillemas I need to decide upon:

Fri 4-6

Perpetual Groove - they sound familiar, just dont know anything about them

Lucero - know nothing

Tim Reynolds - I have the Dave Matthews w/ Tim Reynolds disk, and its very good. I'd probably be leaning towards him unless I heard something that would want to make me see the other two.

Fri 6-8

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Shooter Jennings

Delta Nove

I dont know a thing about any of these

Fri 8-10

The Disco Biscuits

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Del Castillo

I burnt some songs of the biscuits and CCR, but know nothing of Del Castillo. I liked what I heard from both the Disco Biscuits and CCR, so I may try and hit a little of both of those.

Fri 10-12

Rev Horton Heat

Robert Randolph & the Family Band

New Monsoon

dont know anything about New Monsoon, burnt songs of the other two. They both sound like they would be fun shows, I kinda liked the music of Robert Randolph a little better then rev horton heat. May try and catch a little of RHH while spending the majority of the time at Robert Randolph.

Saturday

Saturday is kinda divided up nicely, so you can kinda go back and forth until the main acts take stage.

I may try and catch a little of all these acts:

Cracker

New Monsoon

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Andrew Bird

Gabby La La

Bernie Worell and the Woo Warriors

Rose Hill Drive

Yard Dogs Road Show

any of these you wouldn't miss?

6-8

Keller Williams and the Keels

Buckethead

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

I know Keller Williams, he's ok but his stuff seems a little repetitive and all sounds the same. I think live he'd probably be a good show, from what Ive heard and will probably try and catch a little bit of him. What about Buckethead, know anything about them?

8-10

GreyBoy Allstars

Les Claypool

Railroad Earth

I burnt some Greyboy allstars, and they sound pretty good. I know claypool is the primus bass player and heard he puts on good shows, and what Ive heard about RRE leads me to believe a bunch of people are looking forward to seeing them. I'll probably try and catch a little of each, but any suggestions ove the others?

10-12

I will not leave Govt Mule, sorry but the Lips can suck it!@# :banana:

Sun

I dont know if Ill be ther at all sunday, but if I do it will be late and about the only decision Ill have to make will be Bela Fleck or STS9. Ive seen Bela Fleck with Dave Matthews, and they were ok but I'd probably be leaning towards STS9 here...

Any input is greatly appreciated, and if you come down Ill buy you a beer :rockon:

:banana: