Sign in to follow this  
George Carlin

Roger Clemens might be looking for upwards of $20,000,000

That's Yankee money he's looking for, right there.

:unsure: :unsure: :angry:

I dunno, Boston might be willing to match to play keep-away. The Yankees badly need starting pitching help though.

I dunno, Boston might be willing to match to play keep-away. The Yankees badly need starting pitching help though.

Boston can possibly match the money, but there's a lot of bad blood still (although not with current ownership). Also he has very close friends on the Yankees.

George knows if he gets Roger their chances of a Series win just about double. He generally pays for that kind of thing, and I'm not sure Cashman would disagree with it--since I don't think the Yanks would have to pay in prospects or other money. Just the 20 (very) large. :lol:

to pitch for 4 months....

:banana:

Absolutely ridiculous...who the hell does he think he is! To be honest, I hope someone signs him for that kind of money and he goes 2-10 with an 8.75 ERA...

Absolutely ridiculous...who the hell does he think he is!

One of the best pitchers of all time.

whats more embarrassing for baseball?

the fact that they turned the other way when they knew roids were in the game..now acting tough because 1 of its famous marks is about to be passed by a cheater?

or the fact that its the only major sport with no cap and cant be taken seriously yet...

Boston can possibly match the money, but there's a lot of bad blood still (although not with current ownership). Also he has very close friends on the Yankees.

George knows if he gets Roger their chances of a Series win just about double. He generally pays for that kind of thing, and I'm not sure Cashman would disagree with it--since I don't think the Yanks would have to pay in prospects or other money. Just the 20 (very) large. B)

No bad blood. The problems that Roger had were with Dan Duquette (edjr's buddy) and John Harrington. Both are gone. One of Roger's best friends is Al Nipper who is the pitching coach for the Red Sox.

Roger has an offer with the Astros on the table that is considerable. Why would he leave that? I could see him leaving if Houston did not have a good team, but he can stay near home, contend for a pennant, and make a ton of dough (not to mention be on the same team as his son come September). Pretty inviting to a guy who already has rings.

No bad blood. The problems that Roger had were with Dan Duquette (edjr's buddy) and John Harrington. Both are gone. One of Roger's best friends is Al Nipper who is the pitching coach for the Red Sox.

Roger has an offer with the Astros on the table that is considerable. Why would he leave that? I could see him leaving if Houston did not have a good team, but he can stay near home, contend for a pennant, and make a ton of dough (not to mention be on the same team as his son come September). Pretty inviting to a guy who already has rings.

Lidge's arm is going to fall off.. they pitched him into the ground las year..

whats more embarrassing for baseball?

the fact that they turned the other way when they knew roids were in the game..now acting tough because 1 of its famous marks is about to be passed by a cheater?

or the fact that its the only major sport with no cap and cant be taken seriously yet...

You missed half the cap argument:

'the fact that a half dozen teams are paid to not spend money on players thanks to revenue sharing.'

Marlins team payroll = less than 10 players make on their own, 5 of those being Yankees :banana:

George knows if he gets Roger their chances of a Series win just about double. He generally pays for that kind of thing, and I'm not sure Cashman would disagree with it--since I don't think the Yanks would have to pay in prospects or other money. Just the 20 (very) large. :D

Red Sox say that they would allow Clemens to fly back to Houston between starts. Yankees have said they would never allow that. Clemens is also a baseball historian and could become the Red Sox alltime leader in wins (He is currently tied with Cy Young).