Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

Why is a pregnant mother smoking/drinking etc not considered child endangerment?

More the reason why people should be sterilzed at birth and have to apply later in life for the ability to have it lifted.

Too many stupid people are able to have children who don't give a sh!t about it. What mother who gives half a sh!t about her kid would smoke and drink to excesss while pregnant? It is mind boggling.

what a fantastic idea.

how would the application process work, who would be the decision maker, yes or no?

I have a couple of answers to this.

First, it is not an unborn "kid", it is a fetus. I'm sure the Forced Birth crowd will get around to it sooner or later, but there is a huge difference between children and gestational develoment.

What a joke.You are one of the people who always say infanticide(abortion) is the woman's right to choose,remember. :blink:

There is very little difference between a child and an unborn child,despite what the liberals say.

What a joke.You are one of the people who always say infanticide(abortion) is the woman's right to choose,remember. :blink:

There is very little difference between a child and an unborn child,despite what the liberals say.

being born or not, is a fairly major distinction.

define born. when, in torridjoes mind does a fetus become a child?

The FDA imposes serious restrictions on the dispensing of the acne drug Accutane because of a link to birth defects. To get a prescription, patients must test negative for pregnancy, take courses on safe sex and condom use, and fill the prescription within 7 days of its written date. The pharmacy then must call a number on the prescription to authorize filling it. These measures are well beyond what we do even with class II controlled substances (Oxycontin, Ritalin, Fentanyl, etc). So the government does step in involving substance use during pregnancy in some instances already.

(For the 2% who care, Class I controls include Heroin and LSD, and obviously are not dispensed at the pharmacy level)

Only to people with the mental disorder called liberalism.

define born. when, in torridjoes mind does a fetus become a child?

when born? :first:

Only to people with the mental disorder called liberalism.

or people with rational minds, same difference.

Born = born.

unborn = not born.

They are mutually exclusive, mutually exhaustive. Either you are born or not, and you cannot be both at the same time.

That almost DEFINES the word "difference."

when born? :wub:

If there were so many differances,how are babies born 2-3 months early able to live.

If there were so many differances,how are babies born 2-3 months early able to live.

are you serious? How are babies born prematurely, NOT BORN in your world?

when born, (not sure what you mean, the smilie gave little in the way of clues, sorry)

ill quote, "being born or not, (comma) is a fairly major distinction. (period)

explain please.

are you serious? How are babies born prematurely, NOT BORN in your world?

You are the one who said "Major differences".I am just pointing out that there are NOT major differences.Now quit avoiding the question at hand.

when born, (not sure what you mean, the smilie gave little in the way of clues, sorry)

ill quote, "being born or not, (comma) is a fairly major distinction. (period)

explain please.

There's a big difference between one who is born, and one who is not born. So much so, that we came up with a word to describe the difference.

You are the one who said "Major differences".I am just pointing out that there are NOT major differences.Now quit avoiding the question at hand.

Not breathing air through your lungs, eating through your mouth and throat, or evacuating through your ass, are pretty major--for starters.

I think it's because fetuses don't have rights and stuff, right torrid?

I think it's because fetuses don't have rights and stuff, right torrid?

well, to a large extent the granting (or not) of legal rights are simply predicated on physical and biological realities.

what a fantastic idea.

how would the application process work, who would be the decision maker, yes or no?

It wouldn't be that hard of a process. It is just meant to prevent the OBVIOUS people who shouldn't be having kids. Like 13 year olds, drug addicts, people who don't really want a kid yet, etc.

well, to a large extent the granting (or not) of legal rights are simply predicated on physical and biological realities.

Don't you ever get bored rehashing the same topics again and again?

There's a big difference between one who is born, and one who is not born. So much so, that we came up with a word to describe the difference.

Not breathing air through your lungs, eating through your mouth and throat, or evacuating through your ass, are pretty major--for starters.

I am not sure if I evacuate from my ass. Does that mean I am unborn?

all I know is my fetus has rights to Torrid's wallet.

hey, bring me a jacket tonight, pants wearer. Thanks

Third, I was stunned to find out, in regards to smoking, that physicans actually discourage quitting smoking when pregnant in many cases. The withdrawls from nicotine are similar to heroin and would be more tramatic than the smoke itself. (Assumng they are heavy smokers) They are supposed to cut down though.

Its amazing how one of the most critical points made in this thread is glossed over. The above is true.

Its amazing how one of the most critical points made in this thread is glossed over. The above is true.

Prolly cause of the person who posted it <_<

Bible thumping fetus rights activists with teeth missing and Big tobbaco advocates/chain smokers are the same people.

"They can have my wife's Marlboros when they pry them from her cold dead hands."

Bible thumping fetus rights activists with teeth missing and Big tobbaco advocates/chain smokers are the same people.

"They can have my wife's Marlboros when they pry them from her cold dead hands."

Wow... I thought you were bigger than this statement in your line of thinking Voltaire.

By the way... I heard the Chinese are going crazy over the Kentucky Fried Chicken... can't remember where I heard that... should I invest in KFC? They gonna be opening a few thousand chains over there?

Wow... I thought you were bigger than this statement in your line of thinking Voltaire.

By the way... I heard the Chinese are going crazy over the Kentucky Fried Chicken... can't remember where I heard that... should I invest in KFC? They gonna be opening a few thousand chains over there?

Sorry... I use to fish all the time. Often I wish I were more like Fumbleweed, but when I'm in a foul mood, sometimes I regress.

Feeling better now. My apologies.

Ahem... When I first came to Guiyang, we had one KFC, now we have five, one new one just last month. And recently a four month old Pizza Hut too which, if memory serves, is the same company.

I seldom eat at fast food places as a matter of principle. In the states I always prefer mom and pop family run places. In China, since the selection of non-disgusting food is so limited, I go like once every two months. We don't have many good restaurants here, so I don't have much choice.

Two Brazillian restaurants but no Mexican, no Italian, not even any (good tasting) Chinese food- General Tzo's chicken, sweet and sour chicken, etc. NO Chinese prefer to eat nasty sh*t.

KFC and very recently Pizza Hut are the only two fast food franchises in the entire province of Guizhou. Still no McDonalds. I've been to that Pizza Hut once, I prefer a place called 'Pizza Fun' since the pizza quality is similar but it's all you can eat and cheaper.

Yeah I know, I'm a midget. But seriously, I'm smarter, better looking, and more successful than 90% of the people here. :huh:

Makes sense.

Bob Saget was handsomer than 90 percent of the people on Full House :lol:

My sister's doctor said it was Ok to smoke a cig now and again.