Sign in to follow this  
Dick Hertz

Johnny Damon

Why would red sox fans boo him? He was a major part of bringing the title back to Boston.

Why would red sox fans boo him? He was a major part of bringing the title back to Boston.

For his first at-bat, they should have cheered him. After that he is getting boo'd for as long as he is wearing pinstripes.

because mass. is filled with miserable focks.

For his first at-bat, they should have cheered him. After that he is getting boo'd for as long as he is wearing pinstripes.

I thought winning the WS would have made the massholes less obsessed with the Yanks

:cheers:

mercenary

That's B.S. For an extra $12M, you would leave town too. I could not get my bags packed fast enough. I don't blame him for leaving. That was what he wanted and he should not be blamed for it. However, he should not cry if the fans boo him because it was pretty darn clear that is what would happen. He was a class act on the way out the door (take note, Pedro) and since.

That's B.S. For an extra $12M, you would leave town too.

Not if I was already a bazillionaire.

also: go fock yourself

I thought winning the WS would have made the massholes less obsessed with the Yanks

Fans boo all Yanks. It comes with the territory.

Can you explain why Randy Johnson gets booed in Yankee Stadium for giving up 7 runs (2 earned)?

Fans boo all Yanks. It comes with the territory.

Can you explain why Randy Johnson gets booed in Yankee Stadium for giving up 7 runs (2 earned)?

You need me to explain that to you? :cheers:

Not if I was already a bazillionaire.

also: go fock yourself

Now you are lying. For an extra 20%, you would not leave town?

He was in Boston for 4 years. He did not grow up here, he did not get drafted here, and this was not his first team in the major leagues. It is a business.

Have you worked for the same company your whole life?

You need me to explain that to you? :wacko:

Nope. I already know that Yankee fans are front-running spoiled brats. Talk about a lack of class :cheers:

Nope. I already know that Yankee fans are front-running spoiled brats. Talk about a lack of class :wacko:

That's rich.

You really are just a complete dolt. :cheers:

Now you are lying. For an extra 20%, you would not leave town?

He was in Boston for 4 years. He did not grow up here, he did not get drafted here, and this was not his first team in the major leagues. It is a business.

Have you worked for the same company your whole life?

If I'm Johnny, then no, I wouldn't leave. I have more money than I can possibly spend already. It's fun playing in Boston, it's a winning team, they're willing to pay me $10/year, fans love me, etc.

It's not like he's some 24 year old getting his first shot at a big contract. He paid all kinds of phony lip service about how he loved it in Boston, would never think of playing for the Yanks, etc. He's a damn phony mercenary bastard. :cheers:

And yes, I have worked for the same company for all of the 6 years I've been out of school.

Any more questions?!?!

That's rich.

I really am a pompous ass. :cheers:

For once, I agree with you. :wacko:

If I'm Johnny, then no, I wouldn't leave. I have more money than I can possibly spend already. It's fun playing in Boston, it's a winning team, they're willing to pay me $10/year, fans love me, etc.

It's not like he's some 24 year old getting his first shot at a big contract. He paid all kinds of phony lip service about how he loved it in Boston, would never think of playing for the Yanks, etc. He's a damn phony mercenary bastard. :wacko:

And yes, I have worked for the same company for all of the 6 years I've been out of school.

Any more questions?!?!

Ask Jack Clark and any other bankrupt player out there whether they have enough money. He can spend all of that money pretty darn easily.

Whose to say that he didn't love it here in Boston and that it was not a very difficult decision to leave? Did you :blink: this much when Bronson Arroyo was traded or when the Patriots let Willie McGinnest/Adam Vinatieri go? It is a business. Players have a finite period of time where they can make that money and leaving for a 30% bump in pay to go to a team like the Yankees is a no-brainer.

leaving for a 30% bump in pay to go to a team like the Yankees is a no-brainer.

then why boo the guy? :thumbsup:

Ask Jack Clark and any other bankrupt player out there whether they have enough money. He can spend all of that money pretty darn easily.

Whose to say that he didn't love it here in Boston and that it was not a very difficult decision to leave? Did you :thumbsup: this much when Bronson Arroyo was traded or when the Patriots let Willie McGinnest/Adam Vinatieri go? It is a business. Players have a finite period of time where they can make that money and leaving for a 30% bump in pay to go to a team like the Yankees is a no-brainer.

What does Jack Clark have to do with anything?

Arroyo was traded. What does he have to do with Johnny Damon's free agent $$ grab?

What do the Patriots have to do with it?

I know baseball is a business. Players have a choice where they play when they become free agents. Key word being choice. To me, $10 million to play in Boston is a no-brainer over $13 million in NY. But that's just because I have a soul.

then why boo the guy? :thumbsup:

Ok, dummy. Let's go real slow. First time he comes to bat, you can cheer. After that, he is playing for our hated rivals, the Yankees, which means you boo him.

Just because we hate the Yankees, it does not mean that we don't respect their accomplishments or that they are formidable opponents. I might not be happy that Damon left Boston for NY, but I can certainly understand it. Doesn't make him a "mercenary bastard".

I know that no one has ever respected you, but that does not mean that others don't deserve respect. Someday you might get to have someone respect you.

To me, $10 million to play in Boston is a no-brainer over $13 million in NY. But that's just because I have a soul.

Obviously it's not about the money for you, maybe it's not for Damon either. Maybe he had different reasons to leave Boston.

Patsfat, you're far too intelligent to hate the Yankees because it's cool and everyone else does.

Step up, be your own man. Give me one good reason to hate the Yankees? Hating the Yankees just shows your inferiority complex, like most other Red Sox fans.

I don't hate the Yankees and I would not have booed Johnny Damon.

I am however glad he's 0 for against the sox.

Because he joined the dark side. He went to the enemies. Benedict Arnold was one of the early heros of the American Revolution but you won't find many statues of him. I don't blame the guy for taking the money but don't expect to come into Fenway in pinstripes and be cheered. Damon would have been cheered if he came back in any other uniform.

I also think the Yankees paid him way too much money.

Because he joined the dark side. He went to the enemies. Benedict Arnold was one of the early heros of the American Revolution but you won't find many statues of him. I don't blame the guy for taking the money but don't expect to come into Fenway in pinstripes and be cheered. Damon would have been cheered if he came back in any other uniform.

It's a focking SPORTS franchise....

Equating it to Benedict Arnold? :thumbsup:

Give me one good reason to hate the Yankees?

I'm not from Boston but my obvious guess would be because the Yankees are in the same division, win alot, and have a baseball history going back the the Babe with Boston. :duh:

Ok, dummy. Let's go real slow. First time he comes to bat, you can cheer. After that, he is playing for our hated rivals, the Yankees, which means you boo him.

Just because we hate the Yankees, it does not mean that we don't respect their accomplishments or that they are formidable opponents. I might not be happy that Damon left Boston for NY, but I can certainly understand it. Doesn't make him a "mercenary bastard".

I know that no one has ever respected you, but that does not mean that others don't deserve respect. Someday you might get to have someone respect you.

I can see sox fans booing all Yankees cause they have an inferiority complex, but why boo him more than any other Yankee? He won you a world series, moron! And you're gonna teach me about respect while you advocate booing another player just cause he's a yankee? :shocking:

Was Wade Boggs Booed after he joined the Yankees? or Clemens? I can't remember.

I can see sox fans booing all Yankees cause they have an inferiority complex, but why boo him more than any other Yankee? He won you a world series, moron! And you're gonna teach me about respect while you advocate booing another player just cause he's a yankee? :shocking:

Was Wade Boggs Booed after he joined the Yankees? or Clemens? I can't remember.

Clemens was booed mercilessly as a Yankee. Boggs, I don't remember. The difference was that they both went to a different team then to the Yankees.

Clemens was booed mercilessly as a Yankee. Boggs, I don't remember. The difference was that they both went to a different team then to the Yankees.

Boggs went directly from boston to NY. I don't think boston was filled with as many douches back then

Boggs went directly from boston to NY. I don't think boston was filled with as many douches back then

Thats right he did go directly to the Yanks. The Sox had a lousy team at the time and the rivalry was not at one of its peaks. This article states Boggs was booed as well:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12585767/

Anyone remember when Mike Stanley was booed when he went from the Yankees to the Red Sox to the Yankees? :o

:o oh that's right he wasn't. Red Sox fans on the whole are focking stooges.

The dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life, is saying "Yankees Suck" when they have owned your franchise for the better part of 80 years. Typical Red Sox fans, focking stooges. Embarrassing. :shocking:

Anyone remember when Mike Stanley was booed when he went from the Yankees to the Red Sox to the Yankees? :banana:

:ninja: oh that's right he wasn't. Red Sox fans on the whole are focking stooges.

Stanley was traded from Boston to NY. Then he signed with the Blue Jays. Then Toronto traded him to the Sox.

HTH

Also, it's sort of apples and oranges comparing him to Damon and Boggs, isn't it?

Stanley was traded from Boston to NY. Then he signed with the Blue Jays. Then Toronto traded him to the Sox.

HTH

Also, it's sort of apples and oranges comparing him to Damon and Boggs, isn't it?

Mike Stanley and David Cone were cheered as Red Sox returning to Yankee stadium. Shows you the difference between the teams/fans/cities.

Mike Stanley and David Cone were cheered as Red Sox returning to Yankee stadium. Shows you the difference between the teams/fans/cities.

It's simple... Red Sox fans in spite of winning the world series in 2004, still and will always have an inferiority complex to the Yankees. It's extremely pathetic and annoying.

Uh, nobody boos guys who get traded. HTH

Roger Clemens was cheered as a Yankee in his final appearance at Fenway. Mike Torrez was booed by Yankee fans after he went to Boston for more money.

Uh, nobody boos guys who get traded. HTH

Cone signed as a FA after turning down the Yanks offer

It's simple... Red Sox fans in spite of winning the world series in 2004, still and will always have an inferiority complex to the Yankees. It's extremely pathetic and annoying.

Call it whatever you want. I love rooting against the Yankees. Its just plain fun! :ninja: When I was a kid the Yankees broke my heart in '78. Yankee fans loved to mock Red Sox fans with chants of "1918". It was so great beating the Yankees in the playoffs! Yankee fans hate the Red Sox and Red Sox fans hate the Yankees. It brings passion to the rivalry. If you want to see respectful fans go to a golf or tennis match. I'll boo Mickey Rivers, reggie jackson, Billy Martin, Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams and any other SOB who puts on those pinstripes. And for people who think its only Red Sox fans, Yankee fans have chanted "Boston Sux" in the past. I don't think there is anything wrong with their chant or our chant. Boston fans aren't as polite as St. Louis fans. Who cares? Deal with it.

HTH

1992 NYY

1993 NYY

1994 NYY

1995 NYY

1996 BOS

1997 BOS

NYY

1998 TOR

BOS

1999 BOS

2000 BOS

OAK

I don't recall him ever being booed, only cheered.

Call it whatever you want. I love rooting against the Yankees. Its just plain fun! :thumbsup: When I was a kid the Yankees broke my heart in '78. Yankee fans loved to mock Red Sox fans with chants of "1918". It was so great beating the Yankees in the playoffs! Yankee fans hate the Red Sox and Red Sox fans hate the Yankees. It brings passion to the rivalry. If you want to see respectful fans go to a golf or tennis match. I'll boo Mickey Rivers, reggie jackson, Billy Martin, Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams and any other SOB who puts on those pinstripes. And for people who think its only Red Sox fans, Yankee fans have chanted "Boston Sux" in the past. I don't think there is anything wrong with their chant or our chant. Boston fans aren't as polite as St. Louis fans. Who cares? Deal with it.

I am a Red Sox fan, I know all the history and how it works.

Saying "Yankees suck" is the most pathetic thing in the world.

1992 NYY

1993 NYY

1994 NYY

1995 NYY

1996 BOS

1997 BOS

NYY

1998 TOR

BOS

1999 BOS

2000 BOS

OAK

I don't recall him ever being booed, only cheered.

I am a Red Sox fan, I know all the history and how it works.

Saying "Yankees suck" is the most pathetic thing in the world.

You just don't hate the Yankees. You said it above. Maybe you just need to turn the volume off when watching the Red Sox play the yankees.

When I was growing up my favorite player was Carlton Fisk. Him and all the other Red Sox players hated the Yankees. They even said so publicly.

You just don't hate the Yankees. You said it above. Maybe you just need to turn the volume off when watching the Red Sox play the yankees.

When I was growing up my favorite player was Carlton Fisk. Him and all the other Red Sox players hated the Yankees. They even said so publicly.

That was 20 years ago... the Players DO NOT hate the players now.

EVen if they did, why does that matter? you're a fan, not a player.

be your own man, have your own thoughts.