Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Astros pitcher intentionally throws at Bonds

In case you missed it, the Astros pitcher threw four or five consecutive pitches at Bonds.

He finally nailed him and got ejected.

First of all, why would you want to put a .220 batter on base?

Secondly, throwing a baseball at Bonds and his armor-plated outfit is like a football player throwing a punch at another player with a helmet on. Makes no sense.

did you ever stop to think, that it's almost impossible not to hit a guy with a head that big?

did you ever stop to think, that it's almost impossible not to hit a guy with a head that big?

:mad:

Eh, the guy is just living out the fantasy of most baseball fans in the United States.

Hooray, Springer!

He was pitching inside. The guy is on the plate and you have to establish the inside part of the plate. I would much rather see a pitcher throw at him 4 times than give him a free pass. Might as well make those 4 balls mean something for the next time he comes to the plate.

Why did he miss the 1st 4 times? :lol: :mad:

Cuz he sucks?

Hey do we officially have a new Bambino curse. I mean now that the Red Sox won the WS and Bonds can't get 715 it almost seems like it doesn't it?

Bonds does stand right on the plate.

At first I thought he would charge the mound untill I remembered that he can barely run anymore.

Tonights game should be a good one because someone on the Astros will be hit tonight.

Cuz he sucks?

Hey do we officially have a new Bambino curse. I mean now that the Red Sox won the WS and Bonds can't get 715 it almost seems like it doesn't it?

You think it will take him 86 years?

You think it will take him 86 years?

Hell no. Although his skills are deteriorating at mach speed, the guy still weighs 240 lbs. When he hits it right, it's still going to go.

I hope he does it soon. I want it to happen on the road.

Hell no. Although his skills are deteriorating at mach speed, the guy still weighs 240 lbs. When he hits it right, it's still going to go.

I hope he does it soon. I want it to happen on the road.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy it next year, when he passes Aaron as a DH in the american league.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy it next year, when he passes Aaron as a DH in the american league.

If you look at the degree if decline from 2005 to 2006, I'm not sure he's going to be offered any DH jobs.

The DH role can be filled with any slugger that teams wish to put in there. He's only hitting .220 with 5 home runs this year. At the rate of his decline, he may not even be a .200 hitter by next year. Teams can't afford to have that production in their DH slot.

I think his agent was trying to drum up interest when he made that 1000 home run statement. That's his job, trying to sell his product. I'm pretty sure that AL teams are seeing what's going on this year.

In case you missed it, the Astros pitcher threw four or five consecutive pitches at Bonds.

Would you want to be the pitcher that gives up 714?

If you look at the degree if decline from 2005 to 2006, I'm not sure he's going to be offered any DH jobs.

The DH role can be filled with any slugger that teams wish to put in there. He's only hitting .220 with 5 home runs this year. At the rate of his decline, he may not even be a .200 hitter by next year. Teams can't afford to have that production in their DH slot.

I think his agent was trying to drum up interest when he made that 1000 home run statement. That's his job, trying to sell his product. I'm pretty sure that AL teams are seeing what's going on this year.

Oh this is going to be fun busting you up again. :o

Barry Bond's 5 HR .233 avg .481 OBP

Carl Everett 6 HR .250 Avg .340 OBP (DH for Seattle last night)

Rondell White 0 HR .187 avg .196 OBP (dh for twins last night)

Javy Lopez 2 HR .241 avg .241 OBP (dh for orioles last night)

Tim Salmon 5 HR .286 avg .355 OBP (dh for the angels last night)

and those are just the 1st 4 I checked. :o

Newbie, time and time again you prove you know nothing about baseball.

Oh this is going to be fun busting you up again. B)

and those are just the 1st 4 I checked. :lol:

this is the crassic bond defense these days: everyone was doing steriods, why is bonds the only one getting picked on??? :o

bonds sucks right now, but these guys suck too...you're singling out bonds again. :o

Oh this is going to be fun busting you up again. :o

and those are just the 1st 4 I checked. :o

..and if those guys don't bring their numbers up, I doubt that they'll be DH next year, either.

Don't use Bonds' numbers this year, calculate his rate of decine from last year and take that away from this year's numbers. I know Bonds made a chemically enhanced- "miraculous" production increase at age 35, but, as it was proved by posting Aaron and May's final year stats, once the decline starts, it's rapid and irreversable. All the growth hormone in the world isn't bringing him back from this.

Secondly, throwing a baseball at Bonds and his armor-plated outfit is like a football player throwing a punch at another player with a helmet on. Makes no sense.

In case YOU missed it, Bonds went 2-4 with 1 RBI and 3 runs scored in a 14-3 walloping of the Astros to bring his team to 20-20 and only 2 and half games out of first in the division. Not only that, but he puts people in the seats, which makes money for not only SF but all of MLB. But I guess he should be benched because his head is big. :thumbsup:

In case YOU missed it, Bonds went 2-4 with 1 RBI and 3 runs scored in a 14-3 walloping of the Astros to bring his team to 20-20 and only 2 and half games out of first in the division. Not only that, but he puts people in the seats, which makes money for not only SF but all of MLB. But I guess he should be benched because his head is big. :thumbsup:

Yes, i did notice that he had two hits last night. Singles, right? Great game.

this is the crassic bond defense these days: everyone was doing steriods, why is bonds the only one getting picked on??? :shocking:

bonds sucks right now, but these guys suck too...you're singling out bonds again. :banana:

you're seriously retarded. When did I say any of these guys did steroids? :thumbsup:

I was comparing Bonds with DH's in the american league, proving that he is worthy of being a DH in the american league next year.

Focking idiot. :lol:

you're seriously retarded. When did I say any of these guys did steroids? :thumbsup:

I was comparing Bonds with DH's in the american league, proving that he is worthy of being a DH in the american league next year.

Focking idiot. :shocking:

i'm a tard and an idiot but it's you that missed the point. :banana: it's the same arguement dipshit.

i'm a tard and an idiot but it's you that missed the point. :shocking: it's the same arguement dipshit.

Now you're telling me what my argument was? :banana:

PRICELESS! :thumbsup:

Why?

Because he can.

Because it's fun.

He had a bad day.

To hear the crowd cheer him.

I can keep coming up with them.

Now you're telling me what my argument was? :shocking:

PRICELESS! :thumbsup:

i guess you really are as dumb as everyone says. :lol:

you really can't see the similarity between the 2 arguments? :banana:

In case YOU missed it, Bonds went 2-4 with 1 RBI and 3 runs scored in a 14-3 walloping of the Astros to bring his team to 20-20 and only 2 and half games out of first in the division. Not only that, but he puts people in the seats, which makes money for not only SF but all of MLB. But I guess he should be benched because his head is big. :clap:

I don't think the Giants would have had any problem handling the Astros without Bonds last night. Everyone was pounding them, so a couple singles isn't really that impressive against a team pitching that poorly.

You're right about him putting people in the seats, though. People come to boo him (or cheer when he's at home), and to maybe see history. He does generate revenue, I'll grant you that.

they should all throw at him until he retires :clap:

I hate when I start threads and it ends up getting people fighting and name calling.

alsonotreally

Bonds does stand right on the plate.

At first I thought he would charge the mound untill I remembered that he can barely run anymore.

Tonights game should be a good one because someone on the Astros will be hit tonight.

W/o the roids he is just a an average pudge lacking any real fire.... rather than charge the mound he just wanted to sit down :clap:

I hate when I start threads and it ends up getting people fighting and name calling.

alsonotreally

You might need to change your slogan. :clap:

W/o the roids he is just a an average pudge lacking any real fire.... rather than charge the mound he just wanted to sit down :clap:

Yeah. He ain't charging nobody. Not in the shape he's in.

they should all throw at him until he retires :clap:

:blink: We have a winner.

Yeah. He ain't charging nobody. Not in the shape he's in.

Agreed.

I love it when the morons say, "You are just villifying him because he is black".....no, I am villifying him because he is a jerk. Easily the most notorious jerk in sports today......

Agreed.

I love it when the morons say, "You are just villifying him because he is black".....no, I am villifying him because he is a jerk. Easily the most notorious jerk in sports today......

Besides that, I like Will Smith and Grant Hill. I am NOT racist.

you're seriously retarded. When did I say any of these guys did steroids? :banana:

Focking idiot. :banana:

I can't believe I actually on Edjr's side on this one.

I'm glad that, after being away so long, edjr decided to note that he's got a new name.

I still hate him as much as ever. Seriously. And it doesn't even have to do with the argument in this thread -- he just continues to carry himself in such a jackassical fashion (yes, I made that word up. Fock your life.). It never ends.

I'm glad that, after being away so long, edjr decided to note that he's got a new name.

I still hate him as much as ever. Seriously. And it doesn't even have to do with the argument in this thread -- he just continues to carry himself in such a jackassical fashion (yes, I made that word up. Fock your life.). It never ends.

That could almost be interpretted as a personal attack.

I can't believe I actually on Edjr's side on this one.

:blink:

I don't follow baseball much anymore but I doubt any of those guys demand the type of money Bonds would want.

I'm not really an Astros fan but I got a good laugh at this and I'd give the pitcher a big :blink: . Bonds is a big-headed ahole.

Can somebody let me know why Gary Sheffield gets a free pass from everyone? His name is linked with Barry's in the whole BALCO thing as receiving performace enhancing drugs, yet he is not booed. I know the spotlight is on Barry right now, but why does Gary get the free pass?

Can somebody let me know why Gary Sheffield gets a free pass from everyone? His name is linked with Barry's in the whole BALCO thing as receiving performace enhancing drugs, yet he is not booed. I know the spotlight is on Barry right now, but why does Gary get the free pass?

it's because bonds is black.

HTH

:thumbsup: :ninja: :lol:

Barry is the most surly man in sports, hands down. Even the likes of TO and AI show more respect to the fans who help pay their bloated salary. Bonds is a d!ck to everybody, therefore he is hated. Steroid is jsut another reason, the main one remains his horrible 'tude