Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Real draft going on right now

This is a 12 team redraft league and has 10yds/1pt rush/receiving; 6 pts/TD for rush/reception; 4 pts/TD for passing TD (Roster requirement = 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DT, 1 K)

I am picking at 1.06, and guess what.....the 1st 14 picks....all freaking RBs

1.01 LJ

1.02 LT

1.03 Shaun Alexander

1.04 Edge

1.05 Steven Jackson

1.06 Tiki Barber (my pick)

1.07 Portis

1.08 Lamont Jordan

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Caddy

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Mcgahee

2.01 Westbrook

2.02 Dom Davis

2.07 My pick

Just wanted to share what a crazy draft this is......no WRs taken yet and no Peyton gone either......I am inclined to take a stud WR to go with Tiki and hopefully there will be some decent RB left to be the #2 RB later

I think that is going to be a typical draft in alot of leagues with the possible addition of Manning in there somewhere. Now that there are so many percieved solid rb's the drafts are going to be top loaded with rb's. I don't think many people at the bottom of round 1 are going to want to miss out on any of the backs listed.

If Portis fell to me at 1.7 I would have to break my O-Face

Why are you so high on Portis? You do realize that the Redskins are one hit to an old beaten up Mark Brunell away from starting a rookie QB. Also, last year they played the NFC West and AFC West (2 bad defensive divisions)

Why are you so high on Portis? You do realize that the Redskins are one hit to an old beaten up Mark Brunell away from starting a rookie QB. Also, last year they played the NFC West and AFC West (2 bad defensive divisions)

Jason Campbell's not a rookie. Lots of QBs have had success in their 2nd year after spending their 1st year on the bench. Washington doesn't rely on their starting QB any more than the rest of the NFL. How could you not like Portis? Dude is only 24 years old and already has almost 6000 rushing yards! Do you realize you picked a guy who gets taken out on the goal line over one of the league's few feature backs who is a great home run threat as well as the team's goal line option?

in your thread i told you to do the trade, mostly because i didnt think Portis would be there.

Portis is my #4 this year.

Jason Campbell's not a rookie. Lots of QBs have had success in their 2nd year after spending their 1st year on the bench. Washington doesn't rely on their starting QB any more than the rest of the NFL. How could you not like Portis? Dude is only 24 years old and already has almost 6000 rushing yards! Do you realize you picked a guy who gets taken out on the goal line over one of the league's few feature backs who is a great home run threat as well as the team's goal line option?

Ok, do you understand how PPR leagues work? Using this leagues exact scoring, last year Tiki was the #4 back and Portis was # 7 or 8. Tiki plays in a MUCH better offense with legit WRs, TEs and Qb, while Portis really does not. Not to menion, Betts subs Portis quite a bit too. Yes, Tiki loses some goal line TDs to Brandon Jacobs, but so does Portis to Betts.

that is assinine drafting in a ppr league...

though i do think people are going to be skittish about the unsettled situations some of the top-tier wrs are in (especially in may when not much is known): harrison's elbow surgery, owens new digs, holt's new coach/system, chad's qb ?? plamer's health), etc.

but i've never understood spring drafts, anyway. doubt i'd ever do a league again that had their draft any earlier than mid-august.

that is assinine drafting in a ppr league.

I agree......

Updated:

1.01 LJ

1.02 LT

1.03 Shaun Alexander

1.04 Edge

1.05 Steven Jackson

1.07 Portis

1.08 Lamont Jordan

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Caddy

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Mcgahee

2.01 Westbrook

2.02 Dom Davis

2.03 Steve Smith

2.04 Chad Johnson

2.05 Peyton Manning

2.07 My pick

So who should I pick at 2.07 in a PPR league.

RBs worth looking at: Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Reggie Bush, Corey Dillon, Deuce M, Thomas Jones, Reuben Droughns, Warrick Dunn, FWP, AHman Green etc

WRs worth looking at: Harrison, Holt, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitz, Anquan Boldin etc

Thoughts?

though i do think people are going to be skittish about the unsettled situations some of the top-tier wrs are in (especially in may when not much is known): harrison's elbow surgery, owens new digs, holt's new coach/system, chad's qb ?? plamer's health), etc.

but i've never understood spring drafts, anyway. doubt i'd ever do a league again that had their draft any earlier than mid-august.

That is part of the fun swamp.....so is Kevin Jones worth drafting or is he another useless Lion offensive player? :banana:

Thoughts?

1. I think that you should take it to the help forum if you're going to keep asking who you should pick. :banana:

2. I think Westbrook went about 10 picks too early.

Ok, do you understand how PPR leagues work? Using this leagues exact scoring, last year Tiki was the #4 back and Portis was # 7 or 8. Tiki plays in a MUCH better offense with legit WRs, TEs and Qb, while Portis really does not. Not to menion, Betts subs Portis quite a bit too. Yes, Tiki loses some goal line TDs to Brandon Jacobs, but so does Portis to Betts.

Betts had one rushing TD last year..........and the year before that as well.

I agree......

Updated:

1.01 LJ

1.02 LT

1.03 Shaun Alexander

1.04 Edge

1.05 Steven Jackson

1.07 Portis

1.08 Lamont Jordan

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Caddy

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Mcgahee

2.01 Westbrook

2.02 Dom Davis

2.03 Steve Smith

2.04 Chad Johnson

2.05 Peyton Manning

2.07 My pick

RBs worth looking at: Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Reggie Bush, Corey Dillon, Deuce M, Thomas Jones, Reuben Droughns, Warrick Dunn, FWP, AHman Green etc

WRs worth looking at: Harrison, Holt, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitz, Anquan Boldin etc

1) You should have taken Portis, or Jordan even if its a PPR league. Barbers on the decline.

2) None of those RBs are worth a spot at 2.07.

3) TO or Fitz with no questions asked.

It seperates the men from the boys. Even my dog can draft a decent team in mid august.

Take Fitz then on the way back up you can get a decent #2RB may even take another top WR then get your #2 RB in the 3rd. The drop off is much greater at WR then RB. I would think your team could look like Tiki, Fitz, and possibly (Chambers, Driver, A.Gates, etc.) This would be a very strong key 3 players especially in a PPR league.

holt then owens...whoever is there.

it sucks you're having a draft this early, because there are still soooo many question marks. ok, i'll stop telling you things you don't know. but you've got to consider those question marks through your whole draft.

there's going to be a run on receivers and you might miss out on one in the third. the top 7 are (in random order): s. smith, c. johnson, T.O., Moss, Holt, Harrison, Fitz. 2 are gone and once the teams that pick after you, 6 guys (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12) get their 2nd back, they're going to take WRs in the third.

with that said, all those backs do kinda look the same. julius, drougns, or chester taylor i would seriously consider at 2.07, but after that, it would probably pay to take the top WR of your choice (T.O. in my opinion) and then get an RB in the third. if you're ok with fast willie parker as your 2nd back.

oh yeah, you can't take thomas jones in a May real draft. that job is back up for grabs in the preseason and he might even still be on the trading block. thomas jones to denver for ashlie lelie? hmmmmm, could make sense.

cross corey dillon off your list, even as a pats fan, i can say with confidence, his days are done. reggie bush is a high risk high reward pick in the 3rd, not in the 2nd though.

good luck, hope this helps (i don't think it does).

I would take S Smith or holt at 2.7. I think they are the safer plays

portis is monster.If you cant see that you dont watch football alot.I feel he puts up the best numbers this year.Im very high on him.

I'm high on him every year...and he lets me down every year. :lol:

Sweetness...

Take the best WR on the board with your second round pick (I'm guessing someone like TO).

And just for the record...Chester Taylor is better than all those RB's you mentioned and you can probably get him on the way back in the third round when your opponents start going WR crazy. Jamal Lewis might even make it back.

Ok, do you understand how PPR leagues work?

You didn't mention that it was PPR before I posted that, thank you very much. :cheers:

Tiki plays in a MUCH better offense with legit WRs, TEs and Qb, while Portis really does not.

Tiki played in a much better offense last year, but 2006 is a new year. What has New York done to stay ahead of the game this year? Washington added arguably the top offensive coordinator in Al Saunders, plus two WRs who will take the pressure off Santana. New York's WRs aren't that great, Washington's are probably better. Shockey is good but Cooley isn't far behind. I'm not convinced that Eli is all that much better than Brunell just yet. Both teams have unspectacular offensive lines and good defenses, so in this case I think it comes down to the role and talent of the RBs themselves... edge Portis in a non PPR, slight edge Barber in a PPR.

Not to menion, Betts subs Portis quite a bit too. Yes, Tiki loses some goal line TDs to Brandon Jacobs, but so does Portis to Betts.

It's true that Betts got a few more carries than the Giants' backup HBs. But Tiki only got 56% of the RB TDs, compared to 79% for Portis.

Anyway if we were drafting for last year, obviously Tiki was the guy. This year? Tiki's a year older (31?) and the Skins are looking to make big strides on O.

In a ppr league getting Davis and Westy in the turn around was huge. Westy will put up big numbers with McNabb back.

I would go Holt. Parcells told TO he won't get the looks he has in the past and how will he handle it. Then wen it comes back to you C. Taylor, R. Droughns, J. Lewis. Someone not on a RBBC.

Tiki was not a horrible pick. I would have gone Portis myself, but worthy of the #5 spot. But Edge at #4 (Shame on you).

In a ppr league getting Davis and Westy in the turn around was huge. Westy will put up big numbers with McNabb back.

I would go Holt. Parcells told TO he won't get the looks he has in the past and how will he handle it. Then wen it comes back to you C. Taylor, R. Droughns, J. Lewis. Someone not on a RBBC.

Tiki was not a horrible pick. I would have gone Portis myself, but worthy of the #5 spot. But Edge at #4 (Shame on you).

I did not pick Edge at 4. I picked Tiki at 6. But I was worried Tiki and Portis would go 4 and 5 with me left having to choose between Edge, Jordan and Steven Jackson.

Sweetness...

Take the best WR on the board with your second round pick (I'm guessing someone like TO).

And just for the record...Chester Taylor is better than all those RB's you mentioned and you can probably get him on the way back in the third round when your opponents start going WR crazy. Jamal Lewis might even make it back.

Id go with Jamel Lewis or even Droughns wiht yrou #2 pick, then grab best WR in the 3rd

Updated draft:

Updated:

1.01 LJ

1.02 LT

1.03 Shaun Alexander

1.04 Edge

1.05 Steven Jackson

1.07 Portis

1.08 Lamont Jordan

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Caddy

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Mcgahee

2.01 Westbrook

2.02 Dom Davis

2.03 Steve Smith

2.04 Chad Johnson

2.05 Peyton Manning

2.06 Torry Holt

2.07 TO

2.08 Fitzgerald

2.09 Harrison

2.10 Randy Moss (my pick)

So, I basically traded down from 2.07 to 2.10 (got in return trade up from 3.06 to 3.05 and a trade up from 5.06 to 4.10) and still got the #1 WR I had targetted (Moss). I believe Moss is in for a rebound this year with Brooks throwing a much better deep ball, with the bad Oakland defense, with better health for Moss and with an easy schedule (KC twice, SD twice, SF, Sea, St Louis, Arizona etc)

My next pick is 3.05.......I am open to going RB or WR or even maybe Gates if he falls. (PPR league)

Id go with Jamel Lewis or even Droughns wiht yrou #2 pick, then grab best WR in the 3rd

I disagree - I think Owens is the pretty clear pick here...he may not have 100 receptions, but he'll have 80+, 1200/15 pretty easily IMO.

I don't see a lot of difference between the RBs that will be left after the turn. I'd guess a run on WRs here with a smattering of RBs in there...one of Dunn/Droughns/CTaylor/JLewis/DFoster should be there in the 3rd whereas the dropoff at WR if he fails to take one here is far more significant.

My $.02

-The Blowhard

2.10 Randy Moss (my pick)

So, I basically traded down from 2.07 to 2.10 (got in return trade up from 3.06 to 3.05 and a trade up from 5.06 to 4.10) and still got the #1 WR I had targetted (Moss). I believe Moss is in for a rebound this year with Brooks throwing a much better deep ball, with the bad Oakland defense, with better health for Moss and with an easy schedule (KC twice, SD twice, SF, Sea, St Louis, Arizona etc)

My next pick is 3.05.......I am open to going RB or WR or even maybe Gates if he falls. (PPR league)

Great move. I love the Moss pick, and think he's due for a bounce back season - and you got a comparable WR to Owens while gaining from the trade. Excellent job. :(

I think if CTaylor, RDroughns, WDunn or Jamal Lewis is there in the 3rd, you have to take him - gives you a great 1-2 punch at RB, and a top WR. TEs can wait as that is rapidly becomming a position of depth. You can wait and take a Cooley or HMiller in the later rounds and not dropoff that much.

Whereas if you skip the RB here, the dropoff from one of the above mentioned RBs to what you'll get in the late 4th is huge.

I did not pick Edge at 4. I picked Tiki at 6. But I was worried Tiki and Portis would go 4 and 5 with me left having to choose between Edge, Jordan and Steven Jackson.

I know you didn't. I should have said shame on him.

I disagree - I think Owens is the pretty clear pick here...he may not have 100 receptions, but he'll have 80+, 1200/15 pretty easily IMO.

I don't see a lot of difference between the RBs that will be left after the turn. I'd guess a run on WRs here with a smattering of RBs in there...one of Dunn/Droughns/CTaylor/JLewis/DFoster should be there in the 3rd whereas the dropoff at WR if he fails to take one here is far more significant.

My $.02

-The Blowhard

Great move. I love the Moss pick, and think he's due for a bounce back season - and you got a comparable WR to Owens while gaining from the trade. Excellent job. :(

I think if CTaylor, RDroughns, WDunn or Jamal Lewis is there in the 3rd, you have to take him - gives you a great 1-2 punch at RB, and a top WR. TEs can wait as that is rapidly becomming a position of depth. You can wait and take a Cooley or HMiller in the later rounds and not dropoff that much.

Whereas if you skip the RB here, the dropoff from one of the above mentioned RBs to what you'll get in the late 4th is huge.

Yeah the person I traded with was desperate in some sense to trade up (I think....I may be wrong) because he is the same guy who traded away the 1.03 (Shaun Alexander) and his 6th and 7th round picks to the guy who had 1.05 for his 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks. With 14 RBs going early, he wanted to trade up for the quality WRs (he really wanted Holt but missed him by one pick). I was happy to trade down since I could live with any of the 5 WRs left - Holt, Harrison, TO, Moss, Fitz. Also, I had Randy as my #1 WR in that group in a PPR league with Brooks there, so it worked out real well for me. Having 2 4th round picks now gives me flexibility :lol:

Having 2 4th round picks now gives me flexibility :P

Totally agree - and all the more reason to wait on a WR/TE here and take RB while there's still some starters left for you potentially.

Droughns would be a wicked good pick here, as would JLew, CTaylor or possibly Dunn.

then with those 2 4ths, you can take a Heap or Cooley (I'd go Heap) and a WR2.

;)

Great move. I love the Moss pick, and think he's due for a bounce back season - and you got a comparable WR to Owens while gaining from the trade. Excellent job. ;)

Agreed. Great move here. You got a wr that is at a similar level to all the ones you gave up and he has a higher ceiling than a few of the others taken. Also you gained a spot in the third and gained a second 4th round pick. On paper, your move looks great. You should get value out of the higher picks and didn't give up much, if anything for the move down in the 2nd. :P

Agreed. Great move here. You got a wr that is at a similar level to all the ones you gave up and he has a higher ceiling than a few of the others taken. Also you gained a spot in the third and gained a second 4th round pick. On paper, your move looks great. You should get value out of the higher picks and didn't give up much, if anything for the move down in the 2nd. :P

That trade was out of a fairy tale. ;)

That never happens to me.

I know, that deal reads like a Penthouse Letters column...

Dear FFTers...I never thought I'd be writing one of these letters, but...

I'd take Julius Jones in round 3.

Then in round 4 get the best WR available (Chris Chambers, Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams)

Next pick I'd go QB (Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, McNabb, or Bulger)

And then I'd go TE (depending on who's available) - Todd Heap if you're lucky.

Maybe right before the draft Sweetness' competition pulled up in a short bus. :P

Maybe right before the draft Sweetness' competition pulled up in a short bus. :doublethumbsup:

:first:

Does Kevin Jones intrigue anyone???? I am thinking of him too.....with Martz and no Suckington + 2 options at Qb, that O has to look a little better right????

:first:

Does Kevin Jones intrigue anyone???? I am thinking of him too.....with Martz and no Suckington + 2 options at Qb, that O has to look a little better right????

Maybe you can trade away your 3rd for 3 more 4ths :doublethumbsup: