Sign in to follow this  
p.man

Barry Bonds

I didn't hear the actuall number but I guess that's 716.

he already said he didn't want Hank's record. But why is he still planning to play in 2007?

he already said he didn't want Hank's record. But why is he still planning to play in 2007?

because the yankees are offering him 25 million for 1 year...

Don't let him fool you. He want's the Hr record because... 1. He so much want's to piss people off.

And 2. Because he's so close to it.

I don't see him stopping unless he just can't play anymore.

I have begun to feel sorry for him, when I saw that scrub pitcher from the Astros throwing at him for a entire at bat on purpose a few weeks back, that is when I say enough is enough.

I have begun to feel sorry for him, when I saw that scrub pitcher from the Astros throwing at him for a entire at bat on purpose a few weeks back, that is when I say enough is enough.

I hope to score tickets to an Astros game in Detroit this year so I can give the guy a standing ovation if he enters the game.

I hope to score tickets to an Astros game in Detroit this year so I can give the guy a standing ovation if he enters the game.

I think it makes sense, lord knows you won't have to spend on Pistons tickets this June, thanks to Shaq, Wade, and the boys.

I think it makes sense, lord knows you won't have to spend on Pistons tickets this June, thanks to Shaq, Wade, and the boys.

Ah well ... I can't afford Pistons playoff tickets anyways.

Why not? That way a Yankee will hold the all time HR record again :P

Why would the Yanks want a has-been like Bonds? I could see paying him $5 million, just to have his home run potential, but to spend big money on a guy who's skills are eroding so fast is ridiculous.

The guy's hitting .250 with 8 home runs. That's mediocre, at best. Add another year to his wretched, drug-altered body, and you're looking at a .220 hitter with shortstop power.

he will end up with the A's

NOOOOOOOO! That's my team.

Billy Bean has a history of ditching players when it comes time to give them their big career contract. He's more into developing young talent. He only signed Frank Thomas because he got him relatively cheaply compared to the power he had to offer.

There's no way he would overpay an aging player.

NOOOOOOOO! That's my team.

Billy Bean has a history of ditching players when it comes time to give them their big career contract. He's more into developing young talent. He only signed Frank Thomas because he got him relatively cheaply compared to the power he had to offer.

There's no way he would overpay an aging player.

he wont have to overpay for him, nobody will want the hunk of chit, he will get him for a bag of doritos and a parking spot.

:banana:

he will end up with the A's

yeah, this would fit perfectly with their strategy of signing aged high-price free agents

:banana: