Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Dang-- the new neighbors aren't exactly high class

Exactly. He assumes that kids of today have even half the sense or morals that kids did 20 years ago.

I've been out of high school for 17 years now. They weren't exactly boy scouts back then either, as I recall.

I've been out of high school for 17 years now. They weren't exactly boy scouts back then either, as I recall.

I've been out the same (18) and I see a big difference. Kids today just lack any basic respect for authority.

I've been out the same (18) and I see a big difference. Kids today just lack any basic respect for authority.

I must have been at a bad high school, because a lot of the kids I went to school with had no respect for authority, either. I did some sub teaching as recently as 8 years ago in the same area, and they didn't seem any worse than I remembered it. :wall:

This is a pretty nice area we live in-- immaculate 1950's homes on huge lots. Its not like its a wealthy part of town, but its sought after and homes tend to sell fast.

The people next to moved out in a hurry for a job related move and decided they were going to use their house as a rental. Since then, the tenants talked them into selling.

These new neighbors have FIVE cars and two of them are parked in the dang back yard. They don't smoke in the house, so the wife, the man and the 23-ish son who still lives with them will all stand outside smoking in the driveway. Tonight the son fired up the lawnmower at 8:30 and dad went out running the line trimmer at 8:45.

This is a respectable family area. People with young kids, like myself, live here and 2 year old girls go to bed around 8:00. His Hemi powered weed whacker didn't exactly make that a smooth operation tonight. It was so loud that at first I thought he had a chain saw running.

Since I don't plan on murdering them, it is time to move.

Well then move!

or he could bash my mailbox like he did the neighbors. sad part is these are 350K + homes in Ohio. $ doesn't buy class.

You guys are being bullied by an 18 year old? :o

guys, i'm 25 years old, so i'm only 7 years removed. it wasnt THAT long ago, and i was somewhat a terror when i was younger.

first off, are you somewhat cool with these neighbors and the 18 yr old? if your not, then scratch this.

as long as you dont come off as lecturing him or bossing him around, and you make sound more like you're asking him for a favor, he'll probaly listen to your request.

fine, i'll write a script out for you.

you- "yo (name), can you do me a favor?"

kid- "what do you need?"

you- "dude, the other day my (daughter/son) brought a few cigarette butts in the house and asked my wife what they were. kinda put us in an awkward spot there and the wife freaked out a bit. anyway, i really dont care if you smoke, if you got people over drinking, if you have parties, do whatever you want; it doesnt bother me. but could you do me a favor and just throw you butts into the street?"

kid- "sure, no problem"

OR you can go with plan B. (do this when his parents are gone for the weekend)

you- "yo (name), you want a six pack?"

kid- "yeah sure!"

you- "here, you go. but just do me a favor and try not to throw cig butts in my yard? can you just chuck them in the street? my wife is really bustin' my balls about it."

kid- "sure, no problem"

there, 2 perfect solutions

guys, i'm 25 years old, so i'm only 7 years removed. it wasnt THAT long ago, and i was somewhat a terror when i was younger.

first off, are you somewhat cool with these neighbors and the 18 yr old? if your not, then scratch this.

as long as you dont come off as lecturing him or bossing him around, and you make sound more like you're asking him for a favor, he'll probaly listen to your request.

fine, i'll write a script out for you.

you- "yo (name), can you do me a favor?"

kid- "what do you need?"

you- "dude, the other day my (daughter/son) brought a few cigarette butts in the house and asked my wife what they were. kinda put us in an awkward spot there and the wife freaked out a bit. anyway, i really dont care if you smoke, if you got people over drinking, if you have parties, do whatever you want; it doesnt bother me. but could you do me a favor and just throw you butts into the street?"

kid- "sure, no problem"

OR you can go with plan B. (do this when his parents are gone for the weekend)

you- "yo (name), you want a six pack?"

kid- "yeah sure!"

you- "here, you go. but just do me a favor and try not to throw cig butts in my yard? can you just chuck them in the street? my wife is really bustin' my balls about it."

kid- "sure, no problem"

there, 2 perfect solutions

I have a better script:

you- (thrusting out a handful of cigarette butts) see these?

kid- yeah..

you- If I find one more of these in my mulch I will personally make sure each and every one of these makes it into your small intestine.

I have a better script:

you- (thrusting out a handful of cigarette butts) see these?

kid- yeah..

you- If I find one more of these in my mulch I will personally make sure each and every one of these makes it into your small intestine.

yeah, you do that then, use the tough guy approach. see how far that gets you to a solution.

just dont blame me when the kid smashes your mallbox, your house gets vandalized everytime you go away on vacation, and the kid reverses the water intake in your pool back into your basement, and other random annoying activities.

being the tough guy will get you nowhere with a standoff-ish kid. it will make it worse. better off talking to him like he's an adult, even if hes a young punk

Judging from Terry's response, it sounds like you should skip the warning and jump straight to injurying him.

Judging from Terry's response, it sounds like you should skip the warning and jump straight to injurying him.

or that. just make sure he cant walk again. <_<