Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Dang-- the new neighbors aren't exactly high class

This is a pretty nice area we live in-- immaculate 1950's homes on huge lots. Its not like its a wealthy part of town, but its sought after and homes tend to sell fast.

The people next to moved out in a hurry for a job related move and decided they were going to use their house as a rental. Since then, the tenants talked them into selling.

These new neighbors have FIVE cars and two of them are parked in the dang back yard. They don't smoke in the house, so the wife, the man and the 23-ish son who still lives with them will all stand outside smoking in the driveway. Tonight the son fired up the lawnmower at 8:30 and dad went out running the line trimmer at 8:45.

This is a respectable family area. People with young kids, like myself, live here and 2 year old girls go to bed around 8:00. His Hemi powered weed whacker didn't exactly make that a smooth operation tonight. It was so loud that at first I thought he had a chain saw running.

Since I don't plan on murdering them, it is time to move.

Wow. Smoking and yard maintenance.

What in God's name gets into some people's heads?

Is there no decency any more?

seriously. like whats the big fockin deal with that?

Have you considered moving to the country where your neighbors are like, 3 miles away?

I know what you mean about neighbors, though...a few weeks ago, I was having a "chick" get together at my house on a Sunday afternoon. Our next door neighbor came over and asked whose white truck was parked out front...it was parked between our driveway and their lawn, on the street. Apparently, this is the ONLY spot that the husband can park his truck. Despite the fact that the other side of the street was empty, the wife asked if the truck could be moved. I didn't know that we had "assigned parking" on our street. :wacko:

But they rent, and we own.

He forgot to mention that they were smoking hand rolled cigarettes. They're cowboys! Riding their mowers until the sun goes down!

The next thing you know they'll be cooking beef in the backyard over an open fire. I say he either moves now or sticks it out and calls the Sioux for backup.

I'm blessed in a neighborhood where we all run our weed wackers untill midnight, and steal eachothers beer and cigs when the other party is away :cry:

Have you considered moving to the country where your neighbors are like, 3 miles away?

I know what you mean about neighbors, though...a few weeks ago, I was having a "chick" get together at my house on a Sunday afternoon. Our next door neighbor came over and asked whose white truck was parked out front...it was parked between our driveway and their lawn, on the street. Apparently, this is the ONLY spot that the husband can park his truck. Despite the fact that the other side of the street was empty, the wife asked if the truck could be moved. I didn't know that we had "assigned parking" on our street. :wacko:

Slash their tires :lol:

BTW, I agree with you, fock the renters ;)

I thought you said huge lots ? So this guy is like a huge distance away and bothers you ?

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Focking hilarious. I'll have to rethink my late night cig breaks on the front porch.

I do have a thought concerning the weed wacker thing. This whole time time zone change where Indiana is now observing daylight savings time has got everyone focked up. So not only do we get an extra hour of light now, but we're also on the Western edge of the time zone which makes it even worse. At 9:00PM there's no sign of it starting to get dark. I'll be outside playing with my daughter and just happen to check my phone and notice it's already 8:30.

But I can see where it would bother you some. I'm trying to put my daughter to bed at 9:00, and the older kids down the circle (who are now out of school) are playing ball or riding the bikes up and down, screaming the whole time. My daughter is like "WTF? Why am I in bed when everyone else is getting their party on?".

:thumbsup: Once the blacks move in the whole area is shot...

Neighbors are tough issues. Especially if they are owners themselves.

Its not a great idea to be adversarial with them because you never know when you might need them. Reality of home ownership, you want people watching out for your place when you are at work and you do the same for them. Also if you have a break in or fire or your utilities fritz out or other mishap, neighbors can be surprisingly helpful.

That being said, without boundaries people push as far as they can to see how far they can go.

If you have an issue with them, walk over and talk to them about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm an advocate of direct action and laying the hurt on people, but only when other methods prove ineffective. If they can handle the honesty, problem solved. If they can't, call the cops. Because at least you have documented an issue with them with law enforcement. If its not documented, no matter what stupid things they do, it never happened in the eyes of the law.

Then if you have tried diplomacy and the cops and it doesn't work, next time they do their stuff late, wait until a Sunday night after everyone is asleep. Use duct tape and a spark plug to bust out their car window silently. Fill the inside of the car with pigs blood from a butchers shop bought with cash out of town. Then leave a yellow rubber ducky floating in it. The pigs blood will just be seen as vandalism by them. The rubber ducky says you won't just try to hurt them, but you'll go the extra mile when you do it. From then on out, if they ###### with your neighborhood, leave a rubber ducky in their mail box. You'd be surprised how easy it is to break someones resolve. The rubber ducky trick never fails.

That is pretty much all day long(at least a nice day, espessially weekends) in my neighborhoods. The lawn mowings and the weed whacking can just really annoying, but, oh well. I deffinently wouldn't say they aren't high class, they sound just like a typical family.

BTW, my house contains 5 cars also....4 in the street :lol: :lol: I am betting that is why they never talk to us. But, the two corner houses(we are the 2nd house from the corner) have seperate driveways, and the one next to us only have one car. The house across the street has 2, 1 in the street that always conflicts with our parking arrangements, and the next door has i think 3, which always conflicts with our parking, and you can only park on one side of the street, BTW. So, the parking isn't very nice around my house.

They don't smoke in the house

Sounds pretty classy to me. :banana:

Its not a great idea to be adversarial with them because you never know when you might need them. Reality of home ownership, you want people watching out for your place when you are at work and you do the same for them. Also if you have a break in or fire or your utilities fritz out or other mishap, neighbors can be surprisingly helpful.

That being said, without boundaries people push as far as they can to see how far they can go.

If you have an issue with them, walk over and talk to them about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm an advocate of direct action and laying the hurt on people, but only when other methods prove ineffective. If they can handle the honesty, problem solved. If they can't, call the cops. Because at least you have documented an issue with them with law enforcement. If its not documented, no matter what stupid things they do, it never happened in the eyes of the law.

Then if you have tried diplomacy and the cops and it doesn't work, next time they do their stuff late, wait until a Sunday night after everyone is asleep. Use duct tape and a spark plug to bust out their car window silently. Fill the inside of the car with pigs blood from a butchers shop bought with cash out of town. Then leave a yellow rubber ducky floating in it. The pigs blood will just be seen as vandalism by them. The rubber ducky says you won't just try to hurt them, but you'll go the extra mile when you do it. From then on out, if they ###### with your neighborhood, leave a rubber ducky in their mail box. You'd be surprised how easy it is to break someones resolve. The rubber ducky trick never fails.

so...call the cops because someone is using a weed whacker at 8 p.m.? i don't see anything in the original post that would remotely involve having to call the authorities. the main problem? m just doesn't like the type of people living next door. not a crime.

You consistently offer the worst advice possible.

:lol: Once the blacks move in the whole area is shot...

yeah, his story sucked. he could have had me at, "so this black family moved next door..."

a question we all need to ask ourselves: what is it that i do that's annoying to my neighbors? i think it's easy to focus outward and notice what others do...but we'd probably shock ourselves if we examined our own behavior and really found out what our neighbors think of us and our conduct.

you have to make sure it's worth the confrontation to go head-to-head with a neighbor. i thinks it's rare that you can patch things up once the cat's out of the bag, so to speak.

that's the long way of saying live and let live, i guess. again, it sounds like the issue here is not so much the conduct but the perception that these folks aren't up to snuff for the neighborhood.

I know what you mean about neighbors, though...a few weeks ago, I was having a "chick" get together at my house on a Sunday afternoon. Our next door neighbor came over and let me tell you it got HAWT in a hurry...she wanted to have some fun right on the front lawn. Apparently, this is the ONLY spot that she felt comfortable. Despite the fact that the more private back yard was empty, she asked for my panties to be removed. I didn't know that we had desperate housewives on our street. <_<

But those sluts rent, we own

fixed

I don't allow anyone to smoke in my house either. Don't know what the problem is with them smoking outside as opposed to staining the walls and having the house smell like shiot if they smoked inside.

Solid. :shocking:

Let me guess. You're a counselor, right?

Then leave a yellow rubber ducky floating in it.

The rubber ducky is a nice touch. :D

:D Once the blacks move in the whole area is shot...

and real estate value goes right in the sh!tter.

a few weeks ago, I was having a "chick" get together at my house on a Sunday afternoon.

Can we get back to this please?

1) How many chicks?

2) What were you wearing?

3) How long before the answer to 2 was crumpled in a heap on the floor?

4) toys?

5) link?

LET'S GO!!! ANSWERS!!!

Three words:

High. Powered. Rifle.

HTH

Tonight the son fired up the lawnmower at 8:30 and dad went out running the line trimmer at 8:45.

:cry: :mad:

People in my neighborhood are usually pretty curteous about that kind of thing. We used to have this one guy who'd drive his extremely loud motorcycle by our house at all hours of the day/night. That freaked out the kids a few times. I haven't heard it in a while, though, so either he moved, or finally put a muffler on the damn thing. Maybe one of the other neighbors said something. :shocking:

This is a pretty nice area we live in-- immaculate 1950's homes on huge lots. Its not like its a wealthy part of town, but its sought after and homes tend to sell fast.

The people next to moved out in a hurry for a job related move and decided they were going to use their house as a rental. Since then, the tenants talked them into selling.

These new neighbors have FIVE cars and two of them are parked in the dang back yard. They don't smoke in the house, so the wife, the man and the 23-ish son who still lives with them will all stand outside smoking in the driveway. Tonight the son fired up the lawnmower at 8:30 and dad went out running the line trimmer at 8:45.

This is a respectable family area. People with young kids, like myself, live here and 2 year old girls go to bed around 8:00. His Hemi powered weed whacker didn't exactly make that a smooth operation tonight. It was so loud that at first I thought he had a chain saw running.

Since I don't plan on murdering them, it is time to move.

at least they arent parked in the front yard. plus, depending on where you live in the country, it gets kinda hot in the summer, so its probably better to do yardwork early or late

Is there a neighborhood association? Even if there's not, write a bogus letter to your neighbor on behalf of the association politely asking them to not use power tools after dark.

:shocking:

I know what you mean about neighbors, though...a few weeks ago, I was having a "chick" get together at my house on a Sunday afternoon. Our next door neighbor came over and asked whose white truck was parked out front...it was parked between our driveway and their lawn, on the street. Apparently, this is the ONLY spot that the husband can park his truck. Despite the fact that the other side of the street was empty, the wife asked if the truck could be moved. I didn't know that we had "assigned parking" on our street. :rolleyes:

I can relate to this,my first place in a not so great neighborhood(and houses so close you could literally reach out your window and touch the other) and my next door neighbor turns out to be the neighborhood bully.He had 3 cars and with my gf we had 2.He wanted spot in front of his house and the spot behind my car,said my gf would have to park wherever.

So the gf and I come home one night and sure enough the spot in front of his house is empty yet the one behind my car has one of his cars in it.So I park the gf's car in the spot in front of his house.Next morning there's a banging on my door,bully's daughter is there and tells me her daddy said if I don't move gf's car he's moving it for me.

Having been woke up by this little brat I explode and inform her to tell her daddy if he touches the car I'm calling the law.Minutes later bully is on my porch dropping f bombs and threats.I finally tell him it's a city street,if he touches the car,I call the law and to get the fock off my porch and I slam door.

Next day I call a surveyor and find out what little space there is between our houses belongs to me.Bully comes home and sees orange stakes surveyor has put in ground.Comes to my house,knocks politely and calls me buddy and wants to know what I'm up to.I tell him I'm putting up a fence and he says but what if there's a fire or something I can't get to that side of the house.I tell him he shouldn't have been such an ass and tell him he could always buy my place.

Two days later he makes me offer,I make almost double what I paid and get the hell out of that part of town.

OUr neighbor next door is nice enough, but his 18 year old kids are a handful. The boy smokes and I have noticed a bunch of cig butts in my mulch between the driveways. The dad had every bed in his yard covered in rocks and keeps the yard spotless so it is clearly my yard.

I'm going to flick all the butts in their drive when there's enough for the dad to notice. If that doesn't work, I'll take step two...ass kickings. :rolleyes:

OUr neighbor next door is nice enough, but his 18 year old kids are a handful. The boy smokes and I have noticed a bunch of cig butts in my mulch between the driveways. The dad had every bed in his yard covered in rocks and keeps the yard spotless so it is clearly my yard.

I'm going to flick all the butts in their drive when there's enough for the dad to notice. If that doesn't work, I'll take step two...ass kickings. :banana:

Our neighbor kids do the same focking thing. Teenage kids have pool parties all the time and flick cigarettes over the fence into my yard. Yell and scream, I can practically hear ever word of their conversations in my own house. I have never called the cops, even when they are out there until 4 in the morning partying and I have a 7mo kid trying to sleep.

So, last couple of times I mowed the grass, I flicked all the cigarette butts back over the fence, into the pool, while they were out there.

No problems since :banana:

I'm going to flick all the butts in their drive when there's enough for the dad to notice. If that doesn't work, I'll take step two...ass kickings. :mad:

you know, when i was around that age, living with my folks, i did the same thing w/o really thinking (flicking cigs into the neighbors lawn)

then one day he came up to me and asked politely not to do it. i apologized and told him i wouldnt anymore. and i didnt. problem solved.

the reason why i'm saying this is pretty much to ask you if you ever actually talked to the 18 yr old about it to his face. most likely if you do, and you're cool about it and treat him like an adult, he'll probaly never do it again.

the reason why i'm saying this is pretty much to ask you if you ever actually talked to the 18 yr old about it to his face. most likely if you do, and you're cool about it and treat him like an adult, he'll probaly never do it again.

this is the interent dude, that kind of random maturity just won't fly here ;)

Is there a neighborhood association? Even if there's not, write a bogus letter to your neighbor on behalf of the association politely asking them to not use power tools after dark.

;)

That's the problem. MLCKAA lives in Indiana I think. And because of the new daylight savings thing, it's not even starting to get dark at 8:45PM.

well they said you were high class

but that was just a lie

yes they said you were high class

but that was just a lie

if you ain't never caught a rabbit

then you ain't no friend o' mine

you know, when i was around that age, living with my folks, i did the same thing w/o really thinking (flicking cigs into the neighbors lawn)

then one day he came up to me and asked politely not to do it. i apologized and told him i wouldnt anymore. and i didnt. problem solved.

or he could bash my mailbox like he did the neighbors. sad part is these are 350K + homes in Ohio. $ doesn't buy class.

or he could bash my mailbox like he did the neighbors. sad part is these are 350K + homes in Ohio. $ doesn't buy class.

Exactly. He assumes that kids of today have even half the sense or morals that kids did 20 years ago.

Exactly. He assumes that kids of today have even half the sense or morals that kids did 20 years ago.

Yep, this last generation of parents sucked a$$...rotten kids are the result of rotten parents