Sign in to follow this  
CurlyNight

Heat/Mavs

Just some general thoughts on the game:

Miami played great. Haslem and Walker in particular gave them something they had to have with O'Neal no longer the player that he once was. They were aggressive on the boards....aggressive on defense. They really forced Dallas out of rhythm.

I disagree with those that say Dirk let the Mavs down. They ran two, sometimes three people at him constantly. It was up to the other players to step up. Sometimes they did....sometimes not.

Dwyane Wade is a great basketball player.....however, the fouls he gets are reminiscent of Jordan. The foul called on Dirk at the end of the game was an awful call....but that's what Wade is getting these days. He creates the contact and then the other guy gets called for the foul. It's ridiculous.

That being said, the Heat were clearly the hungrier, more emotional basketball team tonight.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

lol...knock yourself out. could care less. means as much to me as if sacramento won. or dallas. or the clippers.

and i'm certainly not a cuban fan at all. these are observations that any sane person can clearly see.

Once again I don't know why Dallas went away from attacking the basket. They had so much momentum to start the game and then decided to jack up jumpers. Avery Johnson deserved Coach of the Year, but he was outcoached in the Finals. Growing pains indeed and this really sucks, but if they're able to keep everyone I think they'll be fine next year. They defintely let a series slip through their fingers. This loss sucks worse than Carolina losing to Indiana in the 1981 finals.

Fock.

Well, I guess it's time to focus on the Buckeye/Tarheel clash in the Big Ten/ACC challenge!!!

Once again I don't know why Dallas went away from attacking the basket. They had so much momentum to start the game and then decided to jack up jumpers. Avery Johnson deserved Coach of the Year, but he was outcoached in the Finals. Growing pains indeed and this really sucks, but if they're able to keep everyone I think they'll be fine next year. They defintely let a series slip through their fingers. This loss sucks worse than Carolina losing to Indiana in the 1981 finals.

Fock.

JET and Stack kept jackin up threes...at least Stack hit one of his :banana:

lol...knock yourself out. could care less. means as much to me as if sacramento won. or dallas. or the clippers.

and i'm certainly not a cuban fan at all. these are observations that any sane person can clearly see.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana:

Well, I guess it's time to focus on the Buckeye/Tarheel clash in the Big Ten/ACC challenge!!!

Maybe then I'll get a little revenge on ya! :banana:

I know we can't blame the refs, but two phantom calls at the end of game 5 and game 6 against the new NBA poster child really got me pissed!!

Ask any non Heat/Maverick fan and I'm sure the majority of them would agree :banana:

this is done in consultation with corporate america. it's all about marketing and the benjamins. again, it's been decided by those controlling it all that wade is a better poster child than the big, ugly german guy who plays for the mavs.

the latest example was the complete bs call on him at the end of the game when wade clearly charged--to go along with the phantom foul on wade at the end of game 5.

they should be an asterisk next to this title.

Maybe then I'll get a little revenge on ya! :banana:

As long as the Bucks win the last game of the year, I can live with that!

this is done in consultation with corporate america. it's all about marketing and the benjamins. again, it's been decided by those controlling it all that wade is a better poster child than the big, ugly german guy who plays for the mavs.

the latest example was the complete bs call on him at the end of the game when wade clearly charged--to go along with the phantom foul on wade at the end of game 5.

:banana: *

There you go.

kudos to the heat. i honestly didnt care who won this series, i dont hate either team and like shaq wade dirk and terry, but i just wish the refs werent as involved as they where. some of the calls in the last 2 games just shouldnt have been made, and they all happened to go against the mavs. the funny thing is that they didnt need the help from the refs; the way they where playing, they probaly would have won the championship anyway.

if there's another silver lining in all this, i bet kobe feels like a pretty big retard right now while watching the finals from his couch at home.

put shaq, even an older shaq, with any stud shooting guard and you have a great chance of winning. too bad kobe didnt realize this

It's not paranoia if they are all out to get you. :banana:

So, first Bonds; now the Heat? :banana:

Whatever will make the conspiracy theorists happy.

Us Heat fans know better :banana:

:banana: :banana:

I know we can't blame the refs, but two phantom calls at the end of game 5 and game 6 against the new NBA poster child really got me pissed!!

Ask any non Heat/Maverick fan and I'm sure the majority of them would agree :banana:

I'm not a fan of either team and I do agree with you. I thought the Heat played really, really well tonight as a team.....but I think the calls Wade got all throughout the series and especially at key moments were huge.

For a Stockton/Malone fan like me, it brings up old, painful memories. :banana:

:banana: *

There you go.

congrats. enjoy. they won't get a second with this aging bunch and kobe has shown you need more than a diva to win a title.

congrats. enjoy. they won't get a second with this aging bunch and kobe has shown you need more than a diva to win a title.

Thank you.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just remember, you create your own luck! Wade just happens to move quicker than the officials eyes do. How many of those calls in question were not in question until a slow-motion replay was shown???

Just remember, you create your own luck! Wade just happens to move quicker than the officials eyes do. How many of those calls in question were not in question until a slow-motion replay was shown???

That is a valid point......something that I have thought about.........

wow, that the first time i've ever heard that spin job. :banana:

"he's just too fast for the refs to see clearly" :banana:

either way, congrats heat fans. i just wish the refs did give out so much help that you guys probaly didnt even need anyway.

"he's just too fast for the refs to see clearly" :blink:

either way, congrats heat fans. i just wish the refs did give out so much help that you guys probaly didnt even need anyway.

:lol: It's the best I could do at 12:30 at night. I was watching the game with the sound off so I didn't hear if they were commenting on officiating during the game. There were a couple of times when I thought the Heat were on the bad end of a call but I figure it evens out. Miami fans are getting used to this since both Marlins World Series victories were considered to be "lucky" also. Like they say, I'd rather be lucky than good, anyday!

:cheers:

"he's just too fast for the refs to see clearly" :cheers:

I think it's something to consider....the foul did appear to be on Dirk until the replay was shown. Once that happened, however, it was obvious that Wade created contact...pushed off actually.

I'm not a fan of either team and I do agree with you. I thought the Heat played really, really well tonight as a team.....but I think the calls Wade got all throughout the series and especially at key moments were huge.

For a Stockton/Malone fan like me, it brings up old, painful memories. :banana:

Bad calls aren't the reason Dallas lost..settling for jump shots are, but as some have said bad calls in the NBA playoffs aren't something new this year... its been happening for a while. I remember the Lakers getting all the calls against the Kings a few years ago.

It's not paranoia if they are all out to get you. :banana:

Hey CN, I just want you to know that while other curlies post here, you are clearly a sports fan, and that earns you a special :blink: in my book. :banana:

Hey CN, I just want you to know that while other curlies post here, you are clearly a sports fan, and that earns you a special :cheers: in my book. :banana:

Awe, you are sweet. :blink:

Not to turn this into a CN sploogefest, but I'm so glad she's around. Gives me another member on this board to cheer with during the NBA playoffs. Thanks again, and it was a very gratifying couple of months. :banana:

Hey CN, I just want you to know that while other curlies post here, you are clearly a sports fan, and that earns you a special :blink: in my book. :banana:

Me thinks that your book is very similar to a Jackie Collins novel.

Slut :cheers:

Me thinks that your book is very similar to a Jackie Collins novel.

Slut :banana:

Did you just call me a slut? :cheers:

:blink:

Not to turn this into a CN sploogefest, but I'm so glad she's around. Gives me another member on this board to cheer with during the NBA playoffs. Thanks again, and it was a very gratifying couple of months. :banana:

Awe, thank you DBZ. :blink: I live for the NBA playoffs, whether or not the teams I like are playing. See you next year! :cheers:

Awe, you are sweet. :banana:

You too. Congrats. :cheers:

Did you just call me a slut? :banana:

Yea, I guess I did..

Just fond rememberences from my past I guess.

You too. Congrats. :banana:

:cheers: :blink:

:banana: :cheers:

Couldn't happen to a better gal. :blink:

Couldn't happen to a better gal. :banana:

Don't we make a great pair here.... 2 bubblegum faces in wub.

Yea, I guess I did..

Just fond rememberences from my past I guess.

That wasn't me. Must have been another dominant male in your past. Good luck with the therapy on that. :banana:

Don't we make a great pair here.... 2 bubblegum faces in wub.

I think we make a great pair anywhere. :blink:

I think we make a great pair anywhere. :cheers:

We do.... :blink: :banana:

We do.... :blink: :banana:

I'm going to have to say no comment. :cheers:

I'm going to have to say no comment. :ninja:

Indeed.. :ninja:

Indeed.. :ninja:

I appreciate your attitude. :ninja: