Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Round 8 Commentary

remote you here to make V4Es pick?

Cant say I like the Stallworth pick. He's an underacheiver and I dont have faith in Brees so soon. Couldve grabbed some WRs with better potential IMO....

remote you here to make V4Es pick?

Cant say I like the Stallworth pick. He's an underacheiver and I dont have faith in Brees so soon. Couldve grabbed some WRs with better potential IMO....

I'm higher on Stalls then most, 1) I think Brees will be fine, much better then Brooks and such from last year. 2) For as much as Stalls has underachieved, he started to shed that lable last year by putting together a very solid year. He had 70 rec for 945 yds and 7 TD's. If he can continue to improve and just add 10% to those numbers you have 77/1040/8. Not bad out of a #4 WR IMO. I really don't see the "much better potential" WR's that have proven any more that are left at this point.

I need someone to put in Chris Cooley for me.

I am pleased to land him here. i took him at 7.05 in the june Mock. He is my 4th rated TE edging out Heap. He had just under 800 yards rec. last season, just under 80 catches, and 7 td's. His per catch was lower do to those rec. coming out of the H-Back position. He is a great target for Brunell and I feel his stats will not go south, but rise some. There are still some very good values in two other positions, but they will hold up for another round or two.

I'm higher on Stalls then most, 1) I think Brees will be fine, much better then Brooks and such from last year. 2) For as much as Stalls has underachieved, he started to shed that lable last year by putting together a very solid year. He had 70 rec for 945 yds and 7 TD's. If he can continue to improve and just add 10% to those numbers you have 77/1040/8. Not bad out of a #4 WR IMO. I really don't see the "much better potential" WR's that have proven any more that are left at this point.

I disagree completely about Brees, but I guess we'll see.

Someone needs to put in my pick for me :lol:

The board will just stack it.

:clap:

What do you mean remote?

ETA - nevermind, got it for you.

I picked for V4E per his e-mail.

I posted my choice above, and need someone to post it for me, otherwise it will just be attached to my V4E pick. Chris Cooley

Remote-I have to head out again. I just sent you a list, since I know you're here. :lol:

I figured Clayton to be your pick before you sent it. Same round you took him in the June Mock.

chris cooley is an excellent option here so late. if i didnt have a TE already, i wouldve happily taken witten or cooley at 6.10. after those two is when i see the dropoff.

went to bed last night with a whole handful of WRs i liked, wake up, and there are like 5 of them gone now. thanks a lot guys!!!

:clap:

Anyone seen JB around?? Im ready to make a pick here...

chris cooley is an excellent option here so late. if i didnt have a TE already, i wouldve happily taken witten or cooley at 6.10. after those two is when i see the dropoff.

went to bed last night with a whole handful of WRs i liked, wake up, and there are like 5 of them gone now. thanks a lot guys!!!

:lol:

Please leave the Wr I want alone these next two rounds :clap:

Please leave the Wr I want alone these next two rounds :thumbsup:

rest assured that like 8 WRs will be taken before your next pick. if theres anyone you like, he will be gone. unless of course he sucks, in which case you can have him.

Anyone seen JB around?? Im ready to make a pick here...

ERB - feel free to email your 2 choices to me if you want in case you have to leave.

I need someone to put in Chris Cooley for me.

I am pleased to land him here. i took him at 7.05 in the june Mock. He is my 4th rated TE edging out Heap. He had just under 800 yards rec. last season, just under 80 catches, and 7 td's. His per catch was lower do to those rec. coming out of the H-Back position. He is a great target for Brunell and I feel his stats will not go south, but rise some. There are still some very good values in two other positions, but they will hold up for another round or two.

I like Cooley too and when Heap went in the 6th, this is guy I meant would put up comparable numbers but could be had a rnd or so later.

Agree with much of the above and let's not forget he'll be working with Saunders who maximized Gonzo's talents.

I like Cooley too and when Heap went in the 6th, this is guy I meant would put up comparable numbers but could be had a rnd or so later.

Agree with much of the above and let's not forget he'll be working with Saunders who maximized Gonzo's talents.

Cooley and a Philly TE are the two I believe might match Heaps #s, and possibly best Heap...but I still went with Heap anyways....I'm a baltimoron :thumbsup:

ERB - feel free to email your 2 choices to me if you want in case you have to leave.

Thanks man, I'll be around til 4pm today so as long as JB picks or makes a pick before then, I'll be good to go....til then im just sittin around like everyone else.

I say we give -jb- an hour, he already used up his 2-hour time limit once. This is gettin old, same guys holding up the draft every one or two rounds.

I say we give -jb- an hour, he already used up his 2-hour time limit once. This is gettin old, same guys holding up the draft every one or two rounds.

Thats cool....Yeah I used up my limit in the first round, but I wasnt aware we were going to start on friday, so that was my fault, but after that I've been on the ball about emailing the picks.

I'm pretty sure who he is going to take also - can we just let me pick for him and move on?

I'd agree to it. :ninja:

I'm pretty sure who he is going to take also - can we just let me pick for him and move on?

the rules give him 2 hours during the day and its been just over an hour, so hold your horses a bit. if we do have to make a pick for him eventually, its obviously going to be a QB, and theres one obvious pick that would fit well enough. but he still has like 45 minutes.

the rules give him 2 hours during the day and its been just over an hour, so hold your horses a bit. if we do have to make a pick for him eventually, its obviously going to be a QB, and theres one obvious pick that would fit well enough. but he still has like 45 minutes.

Guarantee he won't show by then, and when we pick for him then the next few guys will be gone and tired of waiting...one guy holding it up kills the momentum and others start to drift away.

I want a certain WR here so don't take him Erb :lol:

I cant make any promises heh....My picks going to be based off what JB(or whoever picks for JB) does. Then I will further the deb ;) ate that is taking place in my head right now. Not sure who I want yet....

dont worry... erb needs a RB like theres no tomorrow... ;)

Heh like I said it depends on what JB does here. But yes I do need another RB... ;)

well if i havent heard anything, im putting in a QB pick in about 10 minutes for jb. i see falco, erb, and danzone around and i know nan will be checking in again soon enough. for the record, im thinking TG at QB for JB.

ETA - i see nan here now, which means all of us are here from jb's pick here, all the way back to his next one. maybe we can knock off a whole round in the next hour. stay tuned if you can.

well if i havent heard anything, im putting in a QB pick in about 10 minutes for jb. i see falco, erb, and danzone around and i know nan will be checking in again soon enough. for the record, im thinking TG at QB for JB.

ETA - i see nan here now, which means all of us are here from jb's pick here, all the way back to his next one. maybe we can knock off a whole round in the next hour. stay tuned if you can.

Just give him the qb now.

I was just checking em to make sure he didn't send a pick and nothing from him.

Yes, we're on 2hrs during day, but as I said at outset and few times since...should be exception.

Plenty of options to em list.

Gee I didnt see that happening. :argue:

well we've all had plenty of time to prepare, so these next 6-12 picks should go quickly enough now.

Not crazy about Barlow but I'll take the risk. I think there will be WRs later down the road, but Barlow could rebound well this year, and with Larry Allen there I think the TDs go up a bit. I love Frank Gore but I just cant believe he will hold up with his injury history...

I was kinda split between Reggie and another WR. Went with Reggie because he's the #1 on his team, has a great QB, and the Eagles throw a lot. A lot of potential here for an 8th rounder.

I was kinda split between Reggie and another WR. Went with Reggie because he's the #1 on his team, has a great QB, and the Eagles throw a lot. A lot of potential here for an 8th rounder.

Reggie is a good risk there, but I think it's too much to ask this 2nd year kid to be the #1 WR on a team like Philly - when he's getting opposing teams best coverage DBs, not sure how thats gonna play out.

Grrrrrr he was my top choice for WR, but RB was my glaring need. Woulda taken him in the next round no questions asked if he was still there. Great choice. One of my picks for a breakout year...

Reggie is a good risk there, but I think it's too much to ask this 2nd year kid to be the #1 WR on a team like Philly - when he's getting opposing teams best coverage DBs, not sure how thats gonna play out.

I think the risk is worth the possible reward at this point. Reggie is going to get plenty of targets in Philly. It's no sure thing, but with Fitz and Moss already at WR, I think I can afford the risk.

yeah, brown was one of the WRs i was considering if he fell... but i think he'll settle in at around like 900/6 this year. there are three others left that i have above him.