Sign in to follow this  
FantasyKing

Round 11-12 Commentary

My wife's grandma just passed away and the next couple of days will be focused on that. I should be alright for the rest of the night and tommorrow morning, but after that who knows until Sunday.

I'll post another message late tommorrow morning to give an update on my schedule at which time you guys could make a consensus pick for me.

Thinking of you and your family DZ

like the rivers pick. i think hes just as good as brees and should fill in almost as well, having had time to learn. will make a solid backup this year imo.

I like having Rivers as my back up Qb. I feel fairly secure with Brady at my #1, and feel Ribvers will compliment him well. It doesn't hurt when you have the best TE, and receiving Rb, on your team to help take some pressure off, not to mention an old vet like Keenan. Parker shows promise, and Shotty had to see something, other than just dollar signs, in Rivers, to let Brees go.

I like having Rivers as my back up Qb. I feel fairly secure with Brady at my #1, and feel Ribvers will compliment him well. It doesn't hurt when you have the best TE, and receiving Rb, on your team to help take some pressure off, not to mention an old vet like Keenan. Parker shows promise, and Shotty had to see something, other than just dollar signs, in Rivers, to let Brees go.

Not sure it was Shotty's decision. He and the GM don't see eye to eye at all, so it may have been out of his hands.........

Not sure it was Shotty's decision. He and the GM don't see eye to eye at all, so it may have been out of his hands.........

Granted the relationship is not a good one. What do you feel about the rest of the post? TE? RB? and WR's there. They got to make the transition somewhat smoother for Rivers.

Granted the relationship is not a good one. What do you feel about the rest of the post? TE? RB? and WR's there. They got to make the transition somewhat smoother for Rivers.

I think Rivers will do fine. Gates creates matchup problems galore and McCardell is a saavy receiver. Plus, Tomlinson is a good check down. Rivers will be a good FF backup.

Thinking of you and your family DZ

yes we are dz...godspeed.

dont know where clash is at, but i see jb here, and i have pick lists for both shane and erb after that.

looks like we might be able to get through another round of picks here today hopefully. i really want to push to get us to finish up before the weekend. at this point, we're all just drafting prospects, so if you're not going to be around, i urge you to send a list. i should be able to take care of it all of tonight and most of tomorrow. and i already have a list of all the guys i will be drafting, so you dont have to worry about that.

TERRIBLY sorry for the delay.....this site obviously went down at the time i was trying to determine who had been drafted.....from there i was going to send a predraft list......but it stayed down and was down all morning....i had a very busy dau and i couldn't check back in after 1:30

combine troupe and watson and i think i would have solid production each week from these two...the tenn titans short passing game practically revolves around the TEs and i think troupe is major candidate to break out like i think watson will..he still caught 55 balls after missing game and almost another one

if everyone thinks eli manning will break out then toomer should put up productive wr#2 numbers..combined with plaxico's laziness and sometimes bad attitude if he were too miss any time....toomer would get many more targets....regardless i think he can easily duplicate last year's numbers of about 700 yards and 7 tds... plenty good for a #4 wr at this stage of the draft

I almost took Tommer and was hoping he'd fall till the 13th. Burress started something late last season that is going to hurt him this year. He started acting like TO minus much of To's talent. I don't know if he's smart enough to mend his fences. I think there is a good chance Toomer approaches him in production.

Bomb you have a list for few of the next guys right?

Thoughts on giving JB next highest rated qb...he doesn't have a b/up qb yet and has 4rb/4wr/2te.

danzone/nan - stick around. ive got the next pick too and will put it in, in about 5 minutes once i can. nan or someone thats not danzone, you can put in jon kitna for shane falco if you see this first.

ETA - i have one guy i find myself really wanting for my next pick, and i have this sour feeling that youre going to take him. im already angry just thinking about it.

Bomb you have a list for few of the next guys right?

Thoughts on giving JB next highest rated qb...he doesn't have a b/up qb yet and has 4rb/4wr/2te.

Just want to say something on JB's behalf......he has really been the victim in many cases of bad timing. He's been around pretty good, but it seems always has had to be away at just the wrong time. I think it's been bad luck a lot from what I can tell. I know I have had a busy week and at times have just lucked out in terms of being there for my picks.

Like I said, I think it's just been rotten timing more than anything else.

danzone/nan - stick around. ive got the next pick too and will put it in, in about 5 minutes once i can. nan or someone thats not danzone, you can put in jon kitna for shane falco if you see this first.

ETA - i have one guy i find myself really wanting for my next pick, and i have this sour feeling that youre going to take him. im already angry just thinking about it.

:mad: :P :mad: :wall:

ive been pining for lloyd since i did some research on late picks earlier today. he looks like a prime candidate for a breakout season and even comes extremely close to fitting nan's special formula. plus we all know he had great talent and has made many highlight catches over the last few years. but hes been on an awful team with an absolutely terrible offense and QB. this year he gets a veteran mark brunell, and he gets offensive genius al saunders, plus a legit WR opposite him in santana moss. as i looked over about 75 guys still left on the board, his was the name that jumped out at me.

in conclusion: :ninja:

:mad: :P :mad: :wall:

ive been pining for lloyd since i did some research on late picks earlier today. he looks like a prime candidate for a breakout season and even comes extremely close to fitting nan's special formula. plus we all know he had great talent and has made many highlight catches over the last few years. but hes been on an awful team with an absolutely terrible offense and QB. this year he gets a veteran mark brunell, and he gets offensive genius al saunders, plus a legit WR opposite him in santana moss. as i looked over about 75 guys still left on the board, his was the name that jumped out at me.

in conclusion: :ninja:

He was going to be my pick at 12.12 as well.........

He was going to be my pick at 12.12 as well.........

looks like a guy i'll be drafting in the 10th or 11th in all my drafts this year. hes a guy im very sold on after the things i looked into.

What the heck...probably early and other safer picks, but might as well shoot for the moon.

What the heck...probably early and other safer picks, but might as well shoot for the moon.

I'm getting ready to do something similar.........

time to take everyone's favorite TE sleeper. i had heard his name a lot but kinda just assumed he was nothing, then i started looking into him.

over the first 8 games last season, zach hilton had 3 catches for 23 yards. over the last 8 games, he had 32 catches for 375 yards, and he was only starting for six of those games. if you just take those eight games over a whole regular season, thats 64 catches for 750 yards.

he had a good YPC, and hes 6'8 and like 260. and he has drew brees throwing the ball to him. anyone remember what happened the last time brees had a big target like that with good hands?

:ninja:

time to take everyone's favorite TE sleeper. i had heard his name a lot but kinda just assumed he was nothing, then i started looking into him.

over the first 8 games last season, zach hilton had 3 catches for 23 yards. over the last 8 games, he had 32 catches for 375 yards, and he was only starting for six of those games. if you just take those eight games over a whole regular season, thats 64 catches for 750 yards.

he had a good YPC, and hes 6'8 and like 260. and he has drew brees throwing the ball to him. anyone remember what happened the last time brees had a big target like that with good hands?

:mellow:

Interesting, as there is starting to be a buzz about him in fantasy circles. There is another TE I still rated higher at this point. I have to admit I didn't rank Zach, but I will keep my eye on him now. Thanks for the tip.

His situation strangely mimicks that of Putzier before last seasons draft. NAn, DanZone, or V4E were pretty high on him going into the season. High yards per catch and all.

I was actually thinking about taking Lloyd at 11.05 when I took Braylon Edwards. Basically the same thought process as you bomb.

12.09 - RB Maurice Morris, SEA

NAn - you are such a polesmoker :mellow:

If this were a live draft - you would've got smacked in the head by now. You can have that scrub Mo Morris, he'll never see anything but a bucket of Gatorade on the sidelines.

I'm getting ready to do something similar.........

i knew once you said this that michael turner would be one of your picks. i thought about taking him to back up tomlinson, and i might have in another pick or two just to round out the team, but i dont see him as more than just fast. tomlinson overcomes a pretty mediocre offense in SD, and im not sure turner has the talent to do it, but hes not a bad upside pick considering the load tomlinson's shouldered the last few years.

i knew once you said this that michael turner would be one of your picks. i thought about taking him to back up tomlinson, and i might have in another pick or two just to round out the team, but i dont see him as more than just fast. tomlinson overcomes a pretty mediocre offense in SD, and im not sure turner has the talent to do it, but hes not a bad upside pick considering the load tomlinson's shouldered the last few years.

I watched Turner last year and I was impressed. He averaged 5.9 yards a carry on 53 touches. Most of it not in garbage time, either, but instead when Tomlinson was banged up by something minor.

I like this kid. I think he could start on a third to half the teams in the league. If LT2 were to go down, I think I've got a top 10-15 RB for sure.

I watched Turner last year and I was impressed. He averaged 5.9 yards a carry on 53 touches. Most of it not in garbage time, either, but instead when Tomlinson was banged up by something minor.

I like this kid. I think he could start on a third to half the teams in the league. If LT2 were to go down, I think I've got a top 10-15 RB for sure.

definitely about the opposite of my opinion. ive seen him play at UNI some and was impressed with his speed on a few runs last year but dont see him as a guy who i would be able to use even if LT2 ever went down. if you had given me your top 10 pep talk, i might have taken him over hilton. :first:

12.09 - RB Maurice Morris, SEA

NAn - you are such a polesmoker :mad:

If this were a live draft - you would've got smacked in the head by now. You can have that scrub Mo Morris, he'll never see anything but a bucket of Gatorade on the sidelines.

LOL

My casual league, my league mates HATE me, as I'm always doing this at our drafts.

Then when I want to deal I throw in a cuff to 'sweeten' the deal. :sleep:

It's got to pt where I've got guys taking their cuffs 1-2 rnds earlier just so I don't get em.

As for Mo never getting on the field: 'Beware The Madden Curse!' B)

Fricking Bomb with the Hilton pick, thought about him, but figured...naw, who's going to take him. <_<

I looked closer after hearing the hype too and like him alot for just about all the reasons you mentioned...would have been great combo with Winslow.

Re: Turner, also considered him and agree with you Fumble...liked what I've seen of the kid when he's had his chance. No one will expect him to match what LT would do but even at 70-75%, still would be very productive.