Sign in to follow this  
yellowcanoe

12 man league

my league has just expanded from being a 10 man league to being a 12 team league. what positions will become more valuble because of the expansion? is it now more important to get a stud TE? do i make sure i can get 2 RBs who start weekly with my first 2 picks? what should my strategy be for drafting WRs? thanks for all the help guys!

jason

from my experience there isnt much difference at all. i find that changing a scoring system will dictate where you pick guys more than changing the total teams, especially a small change from 10 to 12. the main thing you will notice is that your team wont be as stacked and you will dig deeper into the pool of players to fill your roster. i still think you should go with value based drafting to help determine which player to pick at each round. dont worry about jumping on a TE, they dont mean too much anyway once you are out of the top 3 or so. IMO if i cant get gates at a pick later than his ADP, i probably wont go for him and if i dont get him then im waiting...a long long time on a TE.

It may be obvious, but running backs become much more valuable. With 12 teams and 2 starting rb's per team, that is 24 total rb's. That mean's that a few fantasy teams are going to have RB starters that are in RBBC or aren't the clear starter for their NFL team. Most teams will have no RB depth. Try not to be one of those guys.

The difference is 10 league teams are for rookies or poeple who dont have the skill to draft in a big league. Anything less than 12 teams is bush league.

That should about sum it up.

The difference is 10 league teams are for rookies or poeple who dont have the skill to draft in a big league. Anything less than 12 teams is bush league.

bragging about being in a 12 team league ... I don't get it?

this is probably your lone achievement in life ... so pathetic

yea although I do play in 12 man leagues and think they are more fun compared to the 10 or 8 man ones basically because it is more of a challenge...we don't need the bragging or putting down of people who are in or enjoy smaller leagues...its starting to get annoying around here because thats all every topic is about lately..

yea although I do play in 12 man leagues and think they are more fun compared to the 10 or 8 man ones basically because it is more of a challenge...we don't need the bragging or putting down of people who are in or enjoy smaller leagues...its starting to get annoying around here because thats all every topic is about lately..

What he said! :cheers:

how about we overuse the phrase bush league

Compare ADP in a 10 team vs 12 team and you'll see the trends. RB tend to go earlier in 12 teamer, TE go a bit later on avg. Players that you were targeting as breakout/darkhorse candidates in the middle/late rounds suddenly get bumped up to #1 bye week and sometimes starters. And try not to take anything some of these a-holes say too personally, for some reason about 1/2 of everybody who posts here is bitter, aggressive, obnoxious or the delightful combination of all three.

Compare ADP in a 10 team vs 12 team and you'll see the trends. RB tend to go earlier in 12 teamer, TE go a bit later on avg. Players that you were targeting as breakout/darkhorse candidates in the middle/late rounds suddenly get bumped up to #1 bye week and sometimes starters. And try not to take anything some of these a-holes say too personally, for some reason about 1/2 of everybody who posts here is bitter, aggressive, obnoxious or the delightful combination of all three.

exactly .. the only difference between 8, 10 or 12 team leagues is that they draft differently. One is not "more advanced" than another. Some guys just think that they're more football savy because they know all the stats of all the 3rd stringers around the league ... whatever.

it is so funny when the weak stand up for the weak. :mellow:

:unsure:

i think that this half of FFtoday board society are the guys that you see at bars or wherever that have "short-man" syndrome. they are the ones that always try to make up for their small stature by picking on anyone and everyone even if they are about to get pounded. im sure you guys know the kind im talking about. they are basically a waste of everyones time.

In a 12 team league, you have to be careful not to jump on the runs. There are some fine Qb's available in rounds 8-10. You also have to avoid the Te run. Once the big three go, go a different direction. And, as has already been mentioned, draft Rb's early and often, as there is great wr depth.