Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Ahmed Brooks

Miami round 2

Round 2, really? I know he's an intriguing player, but it seems to me there are too many issues to take such a risk.

What a great fit! :lol:

way too high. with all the cons floating around the bengal roster i'm very surprised they go to the well yet again on such a player.

amazing.

Why do the Bengals insist on bringing guys in they know are problems?

Marvin Lewis needs his head examined.

And a 3rd rounder is a pretty high pick to give up.

Yeah, I remember when people said Dan Marino and Warren Sapp shouldn't be taken so high because they smoked pot.

I'm not a football coach, but if I were, I would WANT my linebackers to have attitude issues! :first:

This guy has sick speed for a man his size, tackles like Brooks, and has no problems shedding blockers.

Cincy got the steal of the draft, and it's still 9 months away! Way to go Lewis!!! With all those LB'ers up in Cincy, they will be damn tough.......... :ninja:

Looks like now we know why they drafted him. Thurman is suspended.

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=rpj7648pkr8676n

simply so pathetic that it's now becoming humorous: draft a guy whose failed multiple drug tests in college to replace a guy who's being suspended for a month by the nfl for violating the substance abuse policy.

utterly focking brilliant.

Yeah, I remember when people said Dan Marino and Warren Sapp shouldn't be taken so high because they smoked pot.

I'm not a football coach, but if I were, I would WANT my linebackers to have attitude issues! :shocking:

This guy has sick speed for a man his size, tackles like Brooks, and has no problems shedding blockers.

Cincy got the steal of the draft, and it's still 9 months away! Way to go Lewis!!! With all those LB'ers up in Cincy, they will be damn tough.......... :wub:

how does pot make you have attitude issues? back in the day, all it did was make me mellow and hungry for snickers bars.

"dude, (pffffttt)...go tackle that big guy over there, man."

"yeah...okay...maybe after i polish off these twinkies and doritos. focking taco flavor focking rocks, man!!!"

I'm not a football coach, but if I were, I would WANT my linebackers to have attitude issues! :banana:

Cincy got the steal of the draft, and it's still 9 months away! Way to go Lewis!!! With all those LB'ers up in Cincy, they will be damn tough.......... :doublethumbsup:

Did Dan Marino get kicked off his team and get busted for Marijuana? Dan Marino also never failed a drug test in college let alone a couple like this bird. Dan Marino is a hall of fame QB, nice comparison.

But you can spin like a top all you want.....

I really don't understand why the Bengals are stooping so low. They started changing their entire face of the franchise with classy guys like Palmer, but now they are taking class out of the equation on their draft picks. They are not getting surprised by picking guys that don't have issues and then go bad, they flat out draft guys knowing their bad history. They draft a druggy LB to help replace a druggy LB.

Their reputation has to be the bottoms in the NFL after this.

I'm not a football coach, but if I were, I would WANT my linebackers to have attitude issues! :banana:

Cincy got the steal of the draft, and it's still 9 months away! Way to go Lewis!!! With all those LB'ers up in Cincy, they will be damn tough.......... :shocking:

are you being sarcastic? must be.

are you being sarcastic? must be.

Yeah, maybe he is, if so disregard my rant.

Wow! What a judgemental group this is.

Lets see how it plays out. A player w/ Brooks ability is worth the risk of a 3rd pick IMO. Especially, when you should be a playoff team.

Lets see how it plays out. A player w/ Brooks ability is worth the risk of a 3rd pick IMO. Especially, when you should be a playoffteam.

a 4th would have been debatable still. a 5th? okay, take a chance. a 6th? good deal.

a 3rd? horrible deal.

simple as that.

Lets see how it plays out. A player w/ Brooks ability is worth the risk of a 3rd pick IMO. Especially, when you should be a playoff team.

Judgemental? A FFB site? Get out of here!

Seriously though, they have been having a lot of problems with their players and the law. And spent a 3rd rounder on another questionable character. Sure, it might pay off. But odds say no.

I am a season ticket holder of University of Virginia football and let me tell you something....The Bengals basically got a lazy a$$ linebacker who was out of position on the field 90% of the time ! He never attended classes, did drugs and thought he was special because "daddy" was a former NFL player with the Redskins. What the hell was Marvin Lewis thinking ? I do hope Ahmad gets his act together and has a stellar NFL career because he is such a young guy, and he really isn't smart enough to work anywhere other than a gas station.

I am a season ticket holder of University of Virginia football and let me tell you something....The Bengals basically got a lazy a$$ linebacker who was out of position on the field 90% of the time ! He never attended classes, did drugs and thought he was special because "daddy" was a former NFL player with the Redskins. What the hell was Marvin Lewis thinking ? I do hope Ahmad gets his act together and has a stellar NFL career because he is such a young guy, and he really isn't smart enough to work anywhere other than a gas station.

2 points

- I agree that it is a very risky pick.

- If he stays out of trouble..you basically just described Lavar Arrington. I'll take that for a 3rd rounder.

2 points

- I agree that it is a very risky pick.

- If he stays out of trouble..you basically just described Lavar Arrington. I'll take that for a 3rd rounder.

:lol:

Why do the Bengals insist on bringing guys in they know are problems?

Marvin Lewis needs his head examined.

And a 3rd rounder is a pretty high pick to give up.

He "tackles like Brooks"????? Isn't that his name????

I like this move by Cincy. He's a worthy talent, I don't think he'd have lasted to Cincy in the supplemental 4th round, and if that's true you can't say they took him too early. He'll get plenty of meaningful reps in practice (and perhaps the games) right away with Thurman out for awhile. What better message to further hammer the point home that he should clean himself up, than, "Look, our star LB didn't get himself together and now he's going to not play and not get paid for a month. You can either be like him, or you can stay clean and try to take his job."