Sign in to follow this  
Ras66not99

How many Leagues are you guys in ?

I remember like 4 years ago when I was A$$ deep in fantasy teams, I just kept getting involved in all these leagues and realized it was way too much to handle and got to the point where it was not even fun....

Example : Going into the monday night game I'd need Peyton Manning to get 20 points for me to win but Reggie Wayne can't get 5 or I lose in another league, Ahman Green needs 10 points for me to win in another but if he gets more than 15 then I'll lose another league... etc... etc.... etc....

I've settled down now and run my Dynasty League which has been going strong for 10 years now and I draft one other league from scratch every year and I think 2 is the perfect amount. (I'm also a friends defensive coordinator in a league that plays a full defense). Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else gets annoyed when they keep hearing at annoying guy at the bar every week routing for every single player to score cause they're on his fantasy team.... at one point last year I actually turned around and asked How Many Frigin guys do you have for Chri$t sakes ??? So how many leagues is enough and when is it past the point of ridiculous ? :doublethumbsup:

i know what you mean. 3 yrs ago i did 3. 2 yrs ago i did 6 and last season i did 5. i think this yr, ill do 3 or 4. sometimes less is better.

I'm in 2 leagues. That's enough. If something a little different came around like an auction or keeper league, I might be persuaded to take on a 3rd. Certainly no more than that.

im in 3 leagues...2 of them are pretty good money, the 3rd is a cheap little fun league $100 and 10 bucks a loss....and the cheaper is probally the best of them all.. :doublethumbsup:

I couldn't handle more than 1. I tried, thinking it would be twice the fun, but it wasn't. My biggest thing is... I started doing fantasy primarily because it gave me something to root for in almost every game (without having to wager on it). When I got to the point where I was conflicted about what I was rooting for (like I was starting Peyton, and playing against him the same week) it took a lot of the fun out of it. I'm in this primarily for fun, and for the money too of course, but primarily for fun. If I was able to just treat it like a business and not get so emotional over every game, I'd be much more willing and able to take on more than my 1.

3 leagues are it for me. In one league, I have a co-owner so it takes some pressure off me sometimes. More than 3, i think you take the fun out of it.

i do 4 but not all are serious

i go through 3 Yahoo publics for fun just to get a feel of the draft then i have one more that really counts

half the times in the publics all i ever do is throw in a line up and change people for byes, hardly any WW action or trading, so for real just one

i do hate having to root for 4 different players monday nights......

You guys arent diehards. Im in 5 dynasty leagues, 3 redraft and 2 keepers and I cant get enough!!

Im in 2....

I think you have too have that 1 league that means much more then any others....whether it be with ur close friends, a long running league, or just the most compitition....

so i have that 1 serious league...

the 2nd I wouldn't call it not serious....but its more for pride...with friends..so its serious but I would much rather see my long running, and most compitition league team do good...but I take them both serious, and that is enough for me...I like to spend a lot of time on those 2 leagues..and while I do I'm not squeezing in another 8 hour day of work in 10 leagues...I just think that would be ridiculous...

I played 5 last year and it was a bit much.

I'm in two already this year and will probably join one more because it's easy money.

I am in 2 - for the very same reasons others listed: I enjoy rooting for my team - and when I find the same players in one league playing against me from another league - it takes the fun out of it. With two teams, it doesn't happen that often.

You guys arent diehards. Im in 5 dynasty leagues, 3 redraft and 2 keepers and I cant get enough!!

:mellow:

Im in 2....

I think you have too have that 1 league that means much more then any others....whether it be with ur close friends, a long running league, or just the most compitition....

so i have that 1 serious league...

the 2nd I wouldn't call it not serious....but its more for pride...with friends..so its serious but I would much rather see my long running, and most compitition league team do good...but I take them both serious, and that is enough for me...I like to spend a lot of time on those 2 leagues..and while I do I'm not squeezing in another 8 hour day of work in 10 leagues...I just think that would be ridiculous...

:unsure:

3 at the moment.

1 Redraft

1 Dynasty

1 Multi-board Redraft League (first year trying it)

I'm thinking about starting a new Dynasty League, but I might wait til next year to do that. At some point I may try an Auction League and/or IDP League.

Multiple types of the same leagues I may stay away from (outside of Dynasty Leagues), but joining different styles of leagues (Not referring to just scoring changes) could be fun and keep me interested in all of them equally.

Usually 2 redraft leagues, one has been together over 10 or 12 years.

Last year I was in three. That's probably the limit for me.

Last year it was 2, neither one ultra-competitive. I think one competitive league and 1-2 more with buddies/co-workers would be about right. Although you do have to modify strategy for different scoring rules, most of your draft prep work will serve for all your leagues. So, doing multiple leagues gives you a little more bang for the buck.

If I went over three leagues though, my wife would have me sleeping on the couch!

tried 3 last season...hated it...this season i stick with my 2...both money...

3 ...

The main league which is my ultra competitive friend league of 10 years...

My Work League which is an 8 team league that I can never leave becuase I win nearly every year

and now Im in a Geek League....I wanted to test myself against some of those on this board...

I try to match up my players as much as I can so I dont have to root against myself...Not to the point of making retarded decisions but if I got Reggie Wayne in two leagues already and its between him and lets say Darrell Jackson I go with Wayne.