Sign in to follow this  
kgeorge78

Gates or Kevin Jones Round 3?

2nd pick with 12 team league qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 te, 1 flex

After doing 100000 mocks it looks like LT round 1, Boldin or Moss or Big Game round 2 (top 8 wr), then round 3 Im stuck at either Gates or KJ (Lions homer)

If I go with Gates, i'll handcuff t jones and benson or addai and rhodes round 4-5 giving me a solid team.

If I go with KJ, I have more choices going with Brady or Palmer round 4 or Andre Johnson, then driver or wayne or Shockey Round 5.

Whats the way to Go???

Whats the way to Go???

Take Gates, he's a sure thing at TE.

Kevin Jones is a question mark this season. You grab him and you may need to waste roster spots on Brian Calhoun, Pinner and Arlen Harris throuhgout the season just to make sure you have his handcuff if he doesn't produce. A new coaching regime opens the door even wider for KJ to lose his spot or at least some playing time IMO.

Take Gates and go with the best available back remaining with your next pick IMO.

BTW-How high do you have Kevin Jones ranked among RBs? I think I would actually take Jones/Benson and Rhodes/Addai over Kevin Jones anyway. Even if it meant using a rather high pick to handcuff the combination.

I'd even feel better sitting on the Ahman Green/Samkon Gado combination before drafting Kevin Jones right now.

KJ - don't draft a TE early

Don't draft KJ early either. :sleep:

round 3 for KJ??

Thats not that bad!

What else are my choices here?? Wayne? Driver? S Moss? Chambers?

I'll take westbrook if hes there round 2 but i doubt it. Im going KJ screw u guys

:doublethumbsup:

I would go with KJ in the third if he is there. Take the best available WR second.

Just my opinion, go with your gut. I am one of the few that thinks KJ will have his best year this year on a team with a lot more stability.

I will never own Gates because I refuse to burn a pick on a TE, it ruins the rest of your picks. Again, just personal preference.

I don't think Gates is a bad pick at the 26th overall.

I'm avoiding KJ at all costs.

Cheers

round 3 for KJ??

Thats not that bad!

What else are my choices here?? Wayne? Driver? S Moss? Chambers?

I'll take westbrook if hes there round 2 but i doubt it. Im going KJ screw u guys

:doublethumbsup:

:lol:

I just noticed your post said your a Lions homer. You may absolutely hate Kevin Jones for two reasons by the end of the year if you draft him. :P

Honestly, I think Gates, Wayne and Driver would all be better picks than KJ. I think Driver is in position to have a great season and could finish among the Top 10 WRs. Santana may be a little overated this season. Chambers would be a solid pick, but I'm not as comfortable in expecting him to produce as I am in Wayne, Driver and Gates. He could rank higher than both those WRs, but like I said, I wouldn't feel as comfortable grabbing him as I would in selecting Driver or Wayne.

I would also grab Westbrook over KJ if he's there. If you don't get any points per reception, I'm not as sure, but likely still would.

The TE pool this year is pretty deep, as long as you can avoid getting 2 TEs you have to be wondering who to start every week and get a Heap, Shockey, Crumpler, Gonzo later - I would take KJ. KJ has good upside this year with Martz, especially in PPR leagues.

I took Gates in the 3rd round of a recent 12 team draft, and KJ was long gone, going something like 15th overall, but I had the 5th pick in the 3rd round and felt pretty good about the pick. I had taken TO in the mid 2nd, and following the Gates pick, I was still able to nab Joe Addai, Cedric Benson, and Dom Rhodes....but not BOTH committees. KJ just hasnt done enough for me to want him. Gates has had back to back monster seasons, and even with a new QB he'll still catch around 90balls, 1000yds and be close to or at double digit TDs. Sure things in the 3rd round are hard to come by.

I like KJ, but I'd say you can wait until round 4 or early round 5 (if you are patient enough or williing to gamble a bit)

but I'd say there is very good chance you can get him in round 4 without putting yourself out.

I like KJ, but I'd say you can wait until round 4 or early round 5 (if you are patient enough or williing to gamble a bit)

but I'd say there is very good chance you can get him in round 4 without putting yourself out.

:lol:

Absolutely 0 chance Jones lasts until late round 4. I don't think I've seen him last past mid round 3.

Gates will outscore KJ, and he is a TE. Gates is the eassy answer unless you haven't drafted a rb in the first two rounds.

A lot of people around here seem to have a short memory. KJ looked real good his rookie here. Last year the Lions and KJ had a lot of little nagging injuries that hurt KJ. New QB O-cooridnator and hopefully good health this year should help. If you just look at his stats last year, then he looks like a bad pick this year. But there is a recent that KJ is going in the 2nd round of almost every early "expert" mock draft this year. I think he will be a decent #2 RB this year. I'll be taking LJ #1 in my money league and if KJ is there at #24, he'll be one of the few RB's I'd consider. Just my opinion.

Only if you are drafting with tards...... as you must be used to.

I have completed 22 mock drafts with many different people, many different rules and many different scoring systems, never once has KJ made it past the first part of the third round. As training camp gets closer, he will move back into the second round.

Only if you are drafting with tards...... as you must be used to.

I have completed 22 mock drafts with many different people, many different rules and many different scoring systems, never once has KJ made it past the first part of the third round. As training camp gets closer, he will move back into the second round.

No doubt. I have the Sunday Ticket and watched EVERY Lions game last year. KJ really, REALLY sucked. He was slow, missed huge wholes, missed blocks, and injury prone. He played several games "completely" healthy, and looked horrible. O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D. The only people that like KJ are those that didn't get burned on him last year. Those of us that play in high stakes leagues and were counting on KJ know all too well how bad he burned us. Bit hook, line, and sinker on all the great shape and going to use extensively talk in 2005 coming off one of the strongest finishes ever in 2004... and he stunk. Really, really stunk. Maybe he will pan out, but I doubt it.

Gates, Gates and Gates. There are no truly "sure things", but Gates is as close as you will find in the 3rd round. Yes you miss out on a quality RB/WR pick (although someone like KJ is a big question mark), but I believe he will outscore the opposition's TE by an average margin that makes the pick justified.

A lot of people around here seem to have a short memory. KJ looked real good his rookie here. Last year the Lions and KJ had a lot of little nagging injuries that hurt KJ. New QB O-cooridnator and hopefully good health this year should help. If you just look at his stats last year, then he looks like a bad pick this year. But there is a recent that KJ is going in the 2nd round of almost every early "expert" mock draft this year. I think he will be a decent #2 RB this year. I'll be taking LJ #1 in my money league and if KJ is there at #24, he'll be one of the few RB's I'd consider. Just my opinion.

There new coach is Mike Martz. Mr. Throw the Ball. KJ is a terrible pick in the third round. If you dont want to spend a third pick on Gates, take Wayne. He's solid. I got Gates in the 4th round last year. Do what you feel, but I would say stay clear of KJ. In the third round you should be able to get a solid point producer. I dont see KJ as a solid contributer. Take Gates or Wayne.