Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Toad the Wet Sprocket

I don't really know much about their music but a friend asked if I wanted to go see them. What is their music like? Comparable bands? Any good?

TIA

I don't really know much about their music but a friend asked if I wanted to go see them. What is their music like? Comparable bands? Any good?

TIA

Definitely worth seeing. I just saw them back in June. Not going to bother comparing them with other bands, since they are my favorite and there is no comparison IMHO. The music is rock, with a lot of good acoustic play. Its creative, influenced a lot of the bands that followed. If you like well crafted and well played rock songs with good lyrics, then check it out.

Definitely worth seeing. I just saw them back in June. Not going to bother comparing them with other bands, since they are my favorite and there is no comparison IMHO. The music is rock, with a lot of good acoustic play. Its creative, influenced a lot of the bands that followed. If you like well crafted and well played rock songs with good lyrics, then check it out.

Thanks, now I'm intrigued! I dabble in acoustic guitar myself and have always enjoyed bands that feature it.

Anyone else have input?

Thanks, now I'm intrigued! I dabble in acoustic guitar myself and have always enjoyed bands that feature it.

Anyone else have input?

Oh, its definitely a musician's band.

I love 'em. I once heard them called a less catchy, less edgy Gin Blossoms, which I think is pretty accurate.

enjoy the show! :headbanger:

I love 'em. I once heard them called a less catchy, less edgy Gin Blossoms, which I think is pretty accurate.

enjoy the show! :headbanger:

More good news, I like the Gin Blossoms (one of Phoenix's few musical contributions). Thanks!

Jerry, you'll be familiar with a few of their songs. Walk On The Ocean, All I Want, and Good Intentions all charted.

I've never seen them in concert, but their "Fear" album is one of my favorite cds from the 90's.

Jerry, you'll be familiar with a few of their songs. Walk On The Ocean, All I Want, and Good Intentions all charted.

I've never seen them in concert, but their "Fear" album is one of my favorite cds from the 90's.

Thanks also. I figure it will be one of those concerts where I say, "oh, I know this song, didn't know it was them."

Happened to me in the 80s at a Bob Seger concert. One of the most fun concerts I ever attended. Every song was like I described. :doublethumbsup:

Quality Band. Hopefully they aren't trying to push a new album and play the good "old" songs.

Quality Band. Hopefully they aren't trying to push a new album and play the good "old" songs.

Since I apparently don't know most of their music, I don't care. :cheers:

Also, I'm disappointed that nobody has asked for the can size of my friend. :unsure:

Not that my input on the musical front holds any water compared to peeps like newbie but I have always enjoyed their music and would recommend you go see the concert. :cheers:

Also, I'm disappointed that nobody has asked for the can size of my friend. :unsure:

Gender was not indicated so there would be a 50-50 chance we'd be asking for the can size on a dood.

Gender was not indicated so there would be a 50-50 chance we'd be asking for the can size on a dood.

Sometimes in life you need to take risks. :unsure:

They haven't done anything new for a while now. Glen Phillips has done plenty of solo stuff since they broke up and got back together.

I adore Toad. I saw them in 1995, I think. It was a great show. FAR better than the Gin Blossoms. Yikes.

They haven't done anything new for a while now. Glen Phillips has done plenty of solo stuff since they broke up and got back together.

I adore Toad. I saw them in 1995, I think. It was a great show. FAR better than the Gin Blossoms. Yikes.

Hey Jessy, what's up? I haven't been over to TDZ much, hope all is well.

If you like them, they may be to hip for me tho. :dunno:

FAR better than the Gin Blossoms. Yikes.

I saw that description and thought, geesh I would have probably described them as a better and less commercialized than the Gin Blossoms.

Hey Jessy, what's up? I haven't been over to TDZ much, hope all is well.

If you like them, they may be to hip for me tho. :dunno:

I don't think they're too hip for you. Not everything I like is completely obscure. When I saw them they played with Hootie, for Christ's sake. They've been playing clubs for a few years now. I've yet to get to see them again. I'll go in a heartbeat.

I don't think they're too hip for you. Not everything I like is completely obscure. When I saw them they played with Hootie, for Christ's sake. They've been playing clubs for a few years now. I've yet to get to see them again. I'll go in a heartbeat.

Well, I like Hootie too. Thanks for the recommendation!

YGM, knucklehead :mad:

I don't.

YGM, knucklehead :huh:

Saw it, fluffer. :(

I don't.

Now I don't feel hip enough again. :P

They did a cover of Rock and Roll all Nite on the KISS tribute album :huh:

UPDATE!@#

So I saw them last night, and they were meh... "All I Want" was the only song I definitely recognized. A few others were mebbes... and generally all sounded the same.

My friend however has larger breasts than I realized. I'm guessing 36/38 DDs :o

UPDATE!@#

So I saw them last night, and they were meh... "All I Want" was the only song I definitely recognized. A few others were mebbes... and generally all sounded the same.

My friend however has larger breasts than I realized. I'm guessing 36/38 DDs B)

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Fear. One of the best start to finish CDs that I own. Pale is also good, but not up to the Fear level.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Fear. One of the best start to finish CDs that I own. Pale is also good, but not up to the Fear level.

Dulcinea, which came after Fear, is far better than Pale, but Fear is still the best.

Dulcinea, which came after Fear, is far better than Pale, but Fear is still the best.

Agreed

Agreed. The Gin Blossoms comparison is an insult!! :cry:

terrible, terrible band that sings schlock 80ish crap

Riddle = Clueless

terrible, terrible band that sings schlock 80ish crap

Replace "terrible" with "Good" and "80ish" with "90ish" and you nailed it. :dunno: