Sign in to follow this  
hotdogcollarsdotcom

Tennessee Homers....Chris Brown?

I believe Brown will be healthy this year and lead the team in rushing. He's put on about 10 pounds of muscle to help his durability in the offseason. He doesn't usually get pulled in 3rd downs, since he's the best receiving and blocking RB on the team. Travis Henry has impressed some in the coaching staff, but it just seems like he doesn't do anything when he gets on the field. He may get pulled at the goal line for Lendale who knows. One thing is for sure, he's not the short yardage back, unless he's proved anything to the coaching staff in camp. He's in a contract year, and is desperate for a long term extension, so he'll be playing really hard. I think he's very capable of having 1100 total yards and 8-9 TDs this season, if he stays healthy. Just watching the game yesterday he seemed like he was clearly superior to the other RBs, and would've broke about a 40-50 yard TD but he tripped. Lendale has been out of practice w/ a myriad of injuries for most of training camp, plus he's in Fisher's doghouse for the spitting incident, and while that won't keep him out of the lineup forever, he's clearly behind Henry and Brown as of right now. I think he's a bargain in the 7th round, his ADP. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him there.

Also Fisher has said in various interviews that he wants to get back to Fisherball, a dynamic running game and playing hard defense. That won't always be possible, but its good to hear him talk about refocusing on the run. Fisher has had nothing but positive things to say about Brown during training camp, he loves his work ethic, and he's really excited to see how he does. Brown's the quiet go about his business type, which is what Fisher loves. Now his agent is a little obnoxious... :headbanger:

This homer sees Brown getting the lion's share work with Henry spelling him, and White being the goal line vulture, but I still think Brown will be able to score 8-9 TDs due to his home run threat and versatility in the passsing game. But all bets are off if he gets injured again.

I saw two things watching that game:

1. he pounded the snot out of the defense.

2. he pounded the snot out of the defense.

He still runs upright, but man is he a beast of a back. If he can stay healthy he's a sneaky 4th round grab.

the funny thing is at 6'3 225-230, you'd think Brown would be a great short yardage back. He does still run upright, but since he's so freakishly tall for a RB, it always looks like he's running straight up :cheers: It is really hard to predict what he's going to do this season. If he's been able to improve the durability with bulk he will turn out to make owners very happy I think. Plus it's not out of the question for him or Travis Henry to be traded. Chris Brown and Lendale White compliment each other so much better than Henry and White IMO. I hope they give him an extension during the season.

I go with the "due" theory here, I think BROWN will be relatively healthy tis year, and will put up very good numbers this year ! Also, coaches have said Tenn will run the ball more this year ! :P

I believe Brown will be healthy this year and lead the team in rushing. He's put on about 10 pounds of muscle to help his durability in the offseason. He doesn't usually get pulled in 3rd downs, since he's the best receiving and blocking RB on the team. Travis Henry has impressed some in the coaching staff, but it just seems like he doesn't do anything when he gets on the field. He may get pulled at the goal line for Lendale who knows. One thing is for sure, he's not the short yardage back, unless he's proved anything to the coaching staff in camp. He's in a contract year, and is desperate for a long term extension, so he'll be playing really hard. I think he's very capable of having 1100 total yards and 8-9 TDs this season, if he stays healthy. Just watching the game yesterday he seemed like he was clearly superior to the other RBs, and would've broke about a 40-50 yard TD but he tripped. Lendale has been out of practice w/ a myriad of injuries for most of training camp, plus he's in Fisher's doghouse for the spitting incident, and while that won't keep him out of the lineup forever, he's clearly behind Henry and Brown as of right now. I think he's a bargain in the 7th round, his ADP. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him there.

Also Fisher has said in various interviews that he wants to get back to Fisherball, a dynamic running game and playing hard defense. That won't always be possible, but its good to hear him talk about refocusing on the run. Fisher has had nothing but positive things to say about Brown during training camp, he loves his work ethic, and he's really excited to see how he does. Brown's the quiet go about his business type, which is what Fisher loves. Now his agent is a little obnoxious... :thumbsup:

This homer sees Brown getting the lion's share work with Henry spelling him, and White being the goal line vulture, but I still think Brown will be able to score 8-9 TDs due to his home run threat and versatility in the passsing game. But all bets are off if he gets injured again.

What are the myriad of injuries for White?

He missed time due to illness...and the first few days while his contract was being signed.

He missed time due to illness...and the first few days while his contract was being signed.

The illness that kept him out of Saturday`s game is called "SPITITIS". For his sake I hope he`s cured soon.

cbrown is ultra talented. Only issue is health. Their offense should be fairly decent even with the departure of THE MAN. If he stays healthy, I see 1200 and 10 tds easy. Either way, he's a steal because you can just cuff his backups fairly late, and they are servicable as well...

Wow, don't understand the love for Brown. He has one of the worst O-lines in football. His QB is Billy Volek. He has two capable backs to replace him. He's extremely injury-prone. The defence is crap, meaning they'll be behind in most games.

I agree he's very talented, and if he somehow stays healthy, fends off the other 2 RB's, the O-line comes together, Volek plays well, and the defence is average, he could have a great year. Unfortunately, I don't see all of that happening.

With as many holes as this team has, they wouldn't burn a high draft pick on White if they didn't plan on using him.

Wow, don't understand the love for Brown. He has one of the worst O-lines in football. His QB is Billy Volek. He has two capable backs to replace him. He's extremely injury-prone. The defence is crap, meaning they'll be behind in most games.

I agree he's very talented, and if he somehow stays healthy, fends off the other 2 RB's, the O-line comes together, Volek plays well, and the defence is average, he could have a great year. Unfortunately, I don't see all of that happening.

With as many holes as this team has, they wouldn't burn a high draft pick on White if they didn't plan on using him.

Their Oline is not all that terrible...but the guy has talent...and has proven so when Healthy.

Volek will air it out and keep defenses honest.

They burnt a high draft pick on White because of where he was projected vs. where he was available...the familiarity with Chow...and the fact that Brown will be a FA soon, has injury issues, and Henry is not a long term solution.

IMO the love comes from the fact that according to Antsports, he is on average the 36th RB selected- getting taken somewhere between the 6th and 8th rounds.

wrong on all counts. Oline is decent, Volek is more than decent, decent schedule, and the other 2 rbs, as is right now, do not have enough to take his job. Only question is health. If he played 16 games, big if, you'd be surprised how many '2nd round' rbs he'll surpass in numbers. So you grab him in the 6-7th round, get henry in the 15th and you got yourself a 2nd rb for real real cheap. I don't see lendale getting proper touches anytime soon...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1/60803014/1027

He also missed time with a toe injury. I distinctly remember him missing various other practices with ankle and other leg problems. I didn't see anything about that though, perhaps I'm just imagining it. But anyways all the time he's missed (toe, illness, contract) plus the spitting thing, really makes him a step below Brown/Henry as of right now

IMO the love comes from the fact that according to Antsports, he is on average the 36th RB selected- getting taken somewhere between the 6th and 8th rounds.

6th to 8th rounds? Good lord. Talk about low risk / high reward.

Exactly. You just can't beat that.

If its deep enough in my draft I will take him....Im just not going to bank on him doing anything....just pure potential and nothing more than my 4th back....

its funny because here is my dynasty roster:

chester taylor

deshaun foster

chris brown

travis henry

greg jones

brandon jacobs

i traded up to the 5th pick in rookie draft meaning i'll get whomever lasts - deangelo williams or lendale white

(my QB + WRs are top notch by the way)

its impossible to tell whats going to happen right now. if the titans go in the tank...do they go with young/lendale? i would assume so. let brown go next year. if the titans start out decent (competing or better yet win a game or two) i'd be much more confident in brown's potential (still just potential with injury-itis)

at least with deshaun/deangelo...i'd know i can plug one in for sure as a starter unlike the titan situation

If he continues to look the way he did throughout the preseason, his stock will rise. I expect by the time the last week before the season his ADP will be closer to 4th round. Henry looked pretty bad, and White is hardly endearing himself to the team.

Started in 14 games, played in 15 games last year. His career is so short right now (he has only played 3 years) I hate it when people just spout off "he's hurt all the time." All the time as in last season he played in 15 games? 1200 total yards and 7 TD's minimum from a injurt prone back is gold I tells ya.

He was hurt in college a bunch too, so thats where a lot fo that comes from i believe. Anyway, even if his stock rises to 4th rd ADP, I would still see him as a great value pick. Especially if you get Henry late to C.Y.A.

Thanks for the info Tenn. peeps.

Last night, I finally had a chance to watch some of the the Ten vs NO pre-season game.

Chris Brown looked fantastic.

and maybe more importantly, Jeff Fisher was quoted as saying, "If we run for 200yard and lose the game, I'll be happy".

Fisher is committed to the run.

Chris Brown is moving up on my charts. If I could get him in the 5th or 6th round, I'd be very happy.

Last night, I finally had a chance to watch some of the the Ten vs NO pre-season game.

Chris Brown looked fantastic.

and maybe more importantly, Jeff Fisher was quoted as saying, "If we run for 200yard and lose the game, I'll be happy".

Fisher is committed to the run.

Chris Brown is moving up on my charts. If I could get him in the 5th or 6th round, I'd be very happy.

They have been talking that they want to get back to running the ball alot and controlling the clock as much as they can...as they used to do with George.

They have been talking that they want to get back to running the ball alot and controlling the clock as much as they can...as they used to do with George.

:cry:

I heard them throwing out numbers like "40 carries a game" :o

woth Volek/Bennett/Givens keeping D's "honest".

Here's the thing... I'm open to drafting a SF RB late simply because Norv Turner is in SF. They will run the ball.

Sounds like TEN is really committing to the run as well.

And when you're talking mid-to late round fantasy RBs, I'm not looking for an ultra-RB, I just want a guy who will get plenty of opportunity and maybe post some decent numbers.

maybe C Brown can be that? watching that game bumped him up on my charts.

Exactly. For leagues that allow a bi bench (ie 16 slots), take Henry late for insurance. Volek will keep the running lanes open.

no serious league he will be there in the 6th or 8th rounds. All starting rbs in the league will be gone by then, let alone a fairly quality back like Brown. I can see brown going 4th latest, possibly 3rd by the time preseason is over. I would, however, cuff him with henry in the later rounds...