Guest tiki_gods

Republican Primary

Republican Primary  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Rudolph Giuliani
    • John McCain

Guest tiki_gods

All the major players are lining up for the primary season to start. Who would you vote for out of these two candidates?

Those boys you listed should change to demoncrat,cause that are not what I would consider Republican, not even by a longshot.They are way way too liberal. :banana:

Guest tiki_gods
Those boys you listed should change to demoncrat,cause that are not what I would consider Republican, not even by a longshot.They are way way too liberal. :banana:

Who would you consider instead? I'm not a big George Allen fan.

Rudy's my man. :(

Rudy's my man. :(

I just looked at your profile...You're old :banana:

Who would you consider instead? I'm not a big George Allen fan.

I would consider(key word here) Newt,Tom Tancredo.

Demoncrats: Byah, Lieberman, Zell Miller, just to name a few. :(

I just looked at your profile...You're old :(

Gee thanks, Sux!

You sure know how to make a girl feel good. :banana:

Gee thanks, Sux!

You sure know how to make a girl feel good. :clap:

I guess I'm kinda out of practice :banana:

You look good though :headbanger:

Are you going to do anything special for the big one comming up?

I'll be 40 in June

:doublethumbsup:

Those boys you listed should change to demoncrat,cause that are not what I would consider Republican, not even by a longshot.They are way way too liberal. :doublethumbsup:

Funny because that's exactly why I picked McCain. For a republican his head isn't so securely shoved up his own a$$.

I guess I'm kinda out of practice :huh:

You look good though :blink:

Are you going to do anything special for the big one comming up?

I'll be 40 in June

:)

Thanks... You've redeemed yourself with that comment. :P

I have no idea yet how I'll be celebrating in February... I just know that I will be! ;)

It's coming whether I want it to or not... so I may as well embrace it, right?

keep telling yourself that, BEG!

Those boys you listed should change to demoncrat,cause that are not what I would consider Republican, not even by a longshot.They are way way too liberal. :clap:

it's a big tent, unlike the other party you can actually voice a different opinion on issues like abortion, they don't ban you from speaking at the convention. :cheers:

I don't care, if it's one of those two, they will lose in a landslide in the election in 08

We should know, based on William Jefferson Clinton's 8 years, in comparsion to GWB near two full terms...that it is time to get back to having a Democrat as our leader.

Guest tiki_gods
I don't care, if it's one of those two, they will lose in a landslide in the election in 08

We should know, based on William Jefferson Clinton's 8 years, in comparsion to GWB near two full terms...that it is time to get back to having a Democrat as our leader.

Who will get the nod from the Dems?

in my mind the biggest problem in politics these days is the huge influence of money and corporations. this is why certain issues (like illegal immigration and the environment) are mostly ignored by the politicians, even though their constituency may be screaming for something to be done.

that said, i love the fact that McCain recognizes campaign financing as a problem. i also like that he has criticized Bush in the past, specifically for overspending. this shows that he is interested in improving the system for the benefit of the people, rather than exploiting it for his own party's gain.

in sum, i'd gladly vote for him. i like giuliani too, but given rudy's past issues with adultery, i think that mccain would provide the office with a greater degree of integrity, something the presidency needs after the past 16 years.

I'd be pretty happy with either of them. Right now though, I think I'd vote for Giuliani just because he hasn't been cozying up to the right. I'm disappointed to see McCain sell out. 2008 is going to be really interested in the GOP. You know the fringe Christianist wingnut voters are going to demand a firebreather like Santorum - I'm not sure they're going to like a pro-choice, pro-gay moderate like Rudy and they can't stand McCain. The Democratic party almost doesn't matter anymore. The real struggle is between libertarian-leaning, social moderate Repubs and Bush's core supporters (big business, neocons and Christian freaks).

McCain. But I would really love to see a McCain/Rudy ticket.

I don't understand why people are so critical of McCain about some of his hypocritical actions. I can understand that some people can see the forest for the trees, but for McCain to run successfully as a Republican, he has to gain the support from the right. If he does not, he will fail. He knows that. I don't think he has changed his mind about how he feels, but he is politician trying to get elected. That's what politicians do when they are trying to get elected - make everyone feel included and happy.

Either that, or he could switch parties and run as a democrat but that would be more hypocritical than what he is doing now. Plus, he would have to lose all common sense. :doublethumbsup:

Guest tiki_gods
McCain. But I would really love to see a McCain/Rudy ticket.

Its possible this might happen.