Sign in to follow this  
paripona

Who would have the golfballs to take Boldin over Fitzgerald?

A. Boldin has two 100 catch seasons now.

B. Boldin played 2.5 less games than Fitz. last year and equalled him in catches/yards

C. Boldin is being overshadowed by the hype of Fitzgerald's breakout year last year... the whole season went that way.

D.**Check this out**

After Boldin came back from his injury last year, he played weeks 11-17 with minimum 8 catches in ALL THE GAMES, with 100 yards in all of them EXCEPT 2.

Fitzgerald on the other hand, only had TWO 100 yard games after Boldin came back, and had only TWO games with at least 8 catches.

Fitz. did have one TD more than Boldin.

In other words....Warner tends to favor Boldin.

E. Fitzgerald is considered the #1 guy so the #1 corner will be on his ass, opening up more opportunity for Boldin.

True, Fitzgerald will likely score one or two TD's more, but in yardage/combo league, Boldin is way more valuable. The only downside with Boldin are his knees. But I'm willing to take that risk.

DISCUSS!! :dunno:

Boldin and Fitz compliment each other so well. They are the perfect WR combo.

Personally I think Boldin is the better receiver. Every time I watch a Cards game I think "Damn, that kid is good!" He reminds me a lot of T.O.

I have them ranked basically the same. I would take Fitz first just because I dont think he's peaked yet but I believe Boldin is at the top of his game already.

You shouldn't take him first because he can be had later...If you pick in the early picks of a draft, you could probably let him slide in the 2nd, then nab him in the 3rd. Fitzie, however because of greater prestige, would be less likely to slide...that my friends equals value and intelligence, which I'd rather have than golfballs anyday.

I like Boldin more, doesn't have the Fitz vertical to go up and grab it, but the guy has legs like tree trunks and he gets some sweet YAC. He's got the Popeye strength and I like that in a receiver.

It's all about the ADP. Why draft a player who consistantly goes off the board in the 3rd round, with your 2nd rounder?

You shouldn't take him first because he can be had later...If you pick in the early picks of a draft, you could probably let him slide in the 2nd, then nab him in the 3rd. Fitzie, however because of greater prestige, would be less likely to slide...that my friends equals value and intelligence, which I'd rather have than golfballs anyday.

Firstly, 50% of everyone here will have a later round pick so your theory does not apply to them.

Secondly, yes, if you were picking early in the draft, you could get Fitz. and Boldin. But getting this chance will only apply to about 20% of the remaining 50% of us who are picking early.

If you can get 'em both, you've gotten an automatic pass into the playoffs.

But for the 80% of us who do not have a chance of getting both them, go with the best player available, and that is Boldin.

My friend, I am happy to have value, intelligence, and the golfballs to boot.

Firstly, 50% of everyone here will have a later round pick so your theory does not apply to them.

Secondly, yes, if you were picking early in the draft, you could get Fitz. and Boldin. But getting this chance will only apply to about 20% of the remaining 50% of us who are picking early.

If you can get 'em both, you've gotten an automatic pass into the playoffs.

But for the 80% of us who do not have a chance of getting both them, go with the best player available, and that is Boldin.

My friend, I am happy to have value, intelligence, and the golfballs to boot.

If you want to take Boldin in the 2nd, go right ahead, but I wouldn't go that route myself. Personally, I think that both WRs in Zona will see their numbers go down a bit. And as to picking up both, out of the question. Although I'm not that high on Edge, I think their running game will be better and I think he will definitely score more TDs than JJ and Marcell. In the end there are only so many points to go around, and I still don't see Zona as the next coming of the Indy offense. Just not going to happen. Further, I don't think that Arizona's going to be playing from behind as much this year, which equates with fewer opportunties as well. That said, individually I do think that both Zona WRs have value, and I too prefer Boldin slightly (if only because he can be had at a slight discount.) But there are lots of WRs out there, and I'll be looking RB first, then go after gems in the rough later.

For those of you that did not buy the FF Today Compiler some key stats for the last 8 games

Fitzgerald/ 8 games/77 targets/51 rec/696 rec yds/6 td's/ 3 100 yd games

Boldin/7 games/99 targets/63 rec/786 rec yds/4 td's/ 5 100yd games

So now what would you do? :huh:

Can I just have both? :headbanger:

For those of you that did not buy the FF Today Compiler some key stats for the last 8 games

Fitzgerald/ 8 games/77 targets/51 rec/696 rec yds/6 td's/ 3 100 yd games

Boldin/7 games/99 targets/63 rec/786 rec yds/4 td's/ 5 100yd games

So now what would you do? :dunno:

Can I just have both? :D

I have the #2 pick. Going with LJ or SA with the first pick. On the way back I could get Boldin and Fitz possibly. If not, I may go with one of them and Gates. TE is required in this league. Or what about Wayne and Harrison? Rcv touchdowns are 8 points. Rushing and passing touchdowns are only 6.

If I knew that Warner was gonna be healthy for 17 games, I'd love to have both WR's. But I dunno how happy I'd be w/ both WR's and Leinart starting and a sh!tty O-Line. That's a litttle scary, esp. if it happens at a critical time down the stretch of the FF season. Hopefully that doesn't happen but with guys like Warner and his injury history, you have to take that type of stuff into draft consideration.

Thanks for the quality post. Good food for thought here.

Hey, what's up me? I gotta go with Fitz...just think he's the next big thing. Can't go wrong either way. Also, later me.

If you want to take Boldin in the 2nd, go right ahead, but I wouldn't go that route myself. Personally, I think that both WRs in Zona will see their numbers go down a bit. And as to picking up both, out of the question. Although I'm not that high on Edge, I think their running game will be better and I think he will definitely score more TDs than JJ and Marcell. In the end there are only so many points to go around, and I still don't see Zona as the next coming of the Indy offense. Just not going to happen. Further, I don't think that Arizona's going to be playing from behind as much this year, which equates with fewer opportunties as well. That said, individually I do think that both Zona WRs have value, and I too prefer Boldin slightly (if only because he can be had at a slight discount.) But there are lots of WRs out there, and I'll be looking RB first, then go after gems in the rough later.

I was going to make the same point. Fitz and Boldin numbers are inflated due to the fact that Zona had absolutely NO redzone offense. They had the worst numbers running inside the 20 in the entire league. Now that they've got an established back who can catch out of the backfield and run between the tackles we'll see more success running in the zone. I still think both will have strong years and be worth early picks but I'd temper my expectations a bit.

Boldin would end up with more receptions simply because his routes are shorter than Fitz. Fitz plays the role of the deep threat while Boldin runs the shorter corner type and over the middle type routes. Fitz is quicker/faster and can jump higher which is why he's more suited for the red zone.

If, and this is a big if, Arizona can establish the run with Edge, they would then be able to move the sticks, control the clock, and play field position battles. This would be a negative for Boldin but a plus for Fitz. Why? Teams that have ball control tends to throw long bombs here and there to keep the defense honest. Also, the defense would creep up and this would crowd into Boldin's corner and over the middle type routes.

Boldin would end up with more receptions simply because his routes are shorter than Fitz. Fitz plays the role of the deep threat while Boldin runs the shorter corner type and over the middle type routes. Fitz is quicker/faster and can jump higher which is why he's more suited for the red zone.

If, and this is a big if, Arizona can establish the run with Edge, they would then be able to move the sticks, control the clock, and play field position battles. This would be a negative for Boldin but a plus for Fitz. Why? Teams that have ball control tends to throw long bombs here and there to keep the defense honest. Also, the defense would creep up and this would crowd into Boldin's corner and over the middle type routes.

:banana:

I don't understand some of you that say that Boldin can be had lat ein the third round... maybe in 10 team leagues that's the case, but in 12 team drafts, his ADP is 2.12, while Fitzgerald's is 2.07...so for many of us, the "why take Fitzgerald in round 2 when you can have Boldin in round 3" idea does not fly one bit... in fact, for the majority of us drafting in the early or middle spots, passing on one means passing on both, so the question posed by the initial poster is a valid one...

frankly, if you're drafting around 2.07 in a 12 team league and you like Boldin better than Fitz, go ahead and take Boldin, because he probably won't be there waiting for you in the 3rd.

Golf Balls? My nuts are bigger then golfballs? I think you meant Grapefruits right?

Why I wouldn't draft both of these guys for what it will cost in my draft.

1) As mentioned before, you just used your late-second and mid-third to get these guys. It's not Peyton Manning behind the center, it's Kurt Warner. Questionalbe O-Line, not real mobile, injury history, old vetren Warner.

2) Edge is a ball control type back. And he's damn good inside the 20s.

3) Personally I think most of us believe one of these guys is going to be great and the other will do well. Basically targeting one of them, or just saying f-it, if one is there great I'll take them. I'm in the Boldin camp. So I like to think I'm getting the better guy for a good price and because I think he should put up at least some numbers, no way I chose Fitz with and 2nd rounder.

Good Topic and I hope someone does it and reports back.

Golf Balls? My nuts are bigger then golfballs? I think you meant Grapefruits right?

No, he wasnt talking about your prostate..

Drafting Boldin is almost as good and maybe better than drafting fitz and he can be had later.

Either one is a good pick. You will have to draft Fitz early to mid first and Boldin late first. I am leaning to fitz but if he is gone I am all over Boldin then.

"Either one is a good pick. You will have to draft Fitz early to mid first and Boldin late first. I am leaning to fitz but if he is gone I am all over Boldin then."

I'm stealing this line but,

Tell me when your league accepts its 4th member and allows heteros.

I thought Warner was hurt the last six games of the season.

Wasn't McCown the QB then?

Trying to look up when and THOSE first NFL game stats if I'm right.

If I find them I will edit this post.

Wasn't McNown the QB then?

McCown started games 4, 5, 6, 7, 15, and 16. Helps if you spell his name right.

Wasn't McNown the QB then?

Even better then.... it has nothing to do with Warner if McCown played the last two games.... Boldin dominated the second half of the year regardless of who was throwing him the piece of animal skin...

Even better then.... it has nothing to do with Warner if McCown played the last two games.... Boldin dominated the second half of the year regardless of who was throwing him the piece of animal skin...

So a rookie QB is going to allow Fitz and Boldin to continue their stats this year? With that O-Line?

I'm getting a bad feeling about this...

Depending on the type of league you are in I personally like Boldin considering I play in PPR leagues. Like many have posted, he will be running the shorter routes which means more receptions. He should go for better value than Fitz in auction drafts.