Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Only FF fans can appreciate this

16 teams. I had the 8th pick. Felt lucky to get Ronnie Brown and then Willis McGahee on the return trip. 3rd pick, I reach a bit for Reggie Wayne (love him this year for some reason). Anyhow, it comes back to me for my fourth pick and while I need a QB and another wideout, I take Frank Gore(we are a heavy running back league and at that time, I thought he was a decent pick to run more than Kevan Barlow would). I am met with some ooohhhs and aaaahhhhs and some snickering because I blew my pick on a guy that is splitting time. No kidding, right after my pick.....comes across the computer that we were putting our lineup in "BARLOW TRADED TO JETS" "GORE TO HAVE THE TEAM TO HIMSELF" Let me tell you. That is a very good feeling. People were like :pointstosky: .

16 teams. I had the 8th pick. Felt lucky to get Ronnie Brown and then Willis McGahee on the return trip. 3rd pick, I reach a bit for Reggie Wayne (love him this year for some reason). Anyhow, it comes back to me for my fourth pick and while I need a QB and another wideout, I take Frank Gore(we are a heavy running back league and at that time, I thought he was a decent pick to run more than Kevan Barlow would). I am met with some ooohhhs and aaaahhhhs and some snickering because I blew my pick on a guy that is splitting time. No kidding, right after my pick.....comes across the computer that we were putting our lineup in "BARLOW TRADED TO JETS" "GORE TO HAVE THE TEAM TO HIMSELF" Let me tell you. That is a very good feeling. People were like :headbanger: .

that is a good feeling, but tough luck on getting 2 AFC East backs...

that is a good feeling, but tough luck on getting 2 AFC East backs...

But I absolutely love Ronnie Brown. He is the real deal and Miami should be decent this year. They improved their O-line and their QB. Plus Ricky is gone.

I have also read about Willis McGahee having a great off season, losing 15 pounds and they also have an improved line and new coach.

Hey, it's all a crapshoot now right? But I had a good draft!!! :headbanger:

Picked up Daryl Jackson, Keenan McCardell, Ben Troupe and Michael Vick as well....

Drafting before a few days before the season starts :headbanger:

But I absolutely love Ronnie Brown. He is the real deal and Miami should be decent this year. They improved their O-line and their QB. Plus Ricky is gone.

I have also read about Willis McGahee having a great off season, losing 15 pounds and they also have an improved line and new coach.

Hey, it's all a crapshoot now right? But I had a good draft!!! :headbanger:

Picked up Daryl Jackson, Keenan McCardell, Ben Troupe and Michael Vick as well....

i didn't mean that they were bad picks, in fact I really like the Mcgahee pick where you got him. what i meant was that it's too bad that they will face the jets 2X each.

i didn't mean that they were bad picks, in fact I really like the Mcgahee pick where you got him. what i meant was that it's too bad that they will face the jets 2X each.

Ohhhh. I know. Actually, I didn't even think about it at the time. Your right, that sucks. Oh well. I am a realistic Jets fan and I don't anticipate us being very good this year. At least I could trade one of them too, now that I have Frank Gore sitting on my bench. It is becoming more and more difficult to get backs that don't share time or goal line stances. It's awesome to me that I got 3 starters who don't share time. Especially in a 16 team league.

Drafting before a few days before the season starts :dunno:

I don't understand the language you are speaking. :lol:

Ohhhh. I know. Actually, I didn't even think about it at the time. Your right, that sucks. Oh well. I am a realistic Jets fan and I don't anticipate us being very good this year. At least I could trade one of them too, now that I have Frank Gore sitting on my bench. It is becoming more and more difficult to get backs that don't share time or goal line stances. It's awesome to me that I got 3 starters who don't share time. Especially in a 16 team league.

I don't understand the language you are speaking. :cheers:

Why on earth would anyone have a fantasy football draft before the last preseason game? Seriously. That's a joke.

People can get traded, people can get cut, people can get injured all before the season starts, so why chance it? Sure all those things can happen after the season starts, but at least the season has started and there is nothing you can do to control it.

Why on earth would anyone have a fantasy football draft before the last preseason game? Seriously. That's a joke.

People can get traded, people can get cut, people can get injured all before the season starts, so why chance it? Sure all those things can happen after the season starts, but at least the season has started and there is nothing you can do to control it.

I'm assuming it is because of schedule conficts. It's amazing how busy people can get when they grow up.

I'm assuming it is because of schedule conficts. It's amazing how busy people can get when they grow up.

edjr is such a focking moron, you can't really explain things to him....

:thumbsup:

My draft next year is Wed, September 5th 2007 at 7pm.

Think any of the adults showing up might be able to get the time off with a year advanced notice? :thumbsdown: :dunno:

Try again funnyman.

What do you think his league gave them a weeks notice? great league, sign me up. :pointstosky:

Drafting before a few days before the season starts :doublethumbsup:

A good fantasy owner doesn't care when the draft is.If you wait till the last week,it evens the playing field for owners who don't know shiat.The early draft rewards owners who know what the fock they are doing.I know who is going to win a starting job and who is not.Therefor,I can draft a few weeks early and dominate.

This thread has proven once again that edjr is a stupid ###### who deserves to have his balls cut off and stuffed down his throat so that, once and for all, he will SHUT THE FOCK UP!

My draft next year is Wed, September 5th 2007 at 7pm.

You set your draft a year ahead of time?? Oh.....my......god......... :thumbsup:

"You can be a winner at the game of LIFE!" :dunno:

A good fantasy owner doesn't care when the draft is.If you wait till the last week,it evens the playing field for owners who don't know shiat.The early draft rewards owners who know what the fock they are doing.I know who is going to win a starting job and who is not.Therefor,I can draft a few weeks early and dominate.

oh, and fantasy guys who "Know" what they are doing can foresee injuries and such? how does it make you any smarter drafting earlier? I;m sure you had Mike BEll winning the starting job...and any potential injuries that happen...you see into the future for those as well????

the playing field is level no matter WHEN you draft. everyone is privvy to the same info. all yo udo by drafting early is run the risk of a guy playing in an unnecessary game, and getting injured without need.

So was the guy who drafted Portis early an idiot?

You set your draft a year ahead of time?? Oh.....my......god......... :huh:

"You can be a winner at the game of LIFE!" :pointstosky:

Too bad you can't say the same.

OWNED :pointstosky:

:clap: I'm glad someone else saw it. :lol:

16 teams. I had the 8th pick. Felt lucky to get Ronnie Brown and then Willis McGahee on the return trip. 3rd pick, I reach a bit for Reggie Wayne (love him this year for some reason). Anyhow, it comes back to me for my fourth pick and while I need a QB and another wideout, I take Frank Gore(we are a heavy running back league and at that time, I thought he was a decent pick to run more than Kevan Barlow would). I am met with some ooohhhs and aaaahhhhs and some snickering because I blew my pick on a guy that is splitting time. No kidding, right after my pick.....comes across the computer that we were putting our lineup in "BARLOW TRADED TO JETS" "GORE TO HAVE THE TEAM TO HIMSELF" Let me tell you. That is a very good feeling. People were like :lol: .

Nice move on the Gore pick.

I drafted Gore last night too. But somebody stole Barlow before I could get him.

Later on in the draft I took C. Houston thinking he might be the heir to C. Martin. Then I logged onto FFToday this morning and found out about the trade.

That's good for Gore. Not good for Houston. :pointstosky:

You lost me when you got Willis McGahee around 24th overall. What a joke.

AND drafted 3 weeks before the season starts :o :pointstosky:

oh, and fantasy guys who "Know" what they are doing can foresee injuries and such? how does it make you any smarter drafting earlier? I;m sure you had Mike BEll winning the starting job...and any potential injuries that happen...you see into the future for those as well????

the playing field is level no matter WHEN you draft. everyone is privvy to the same info. all yo udo by drafting early is run the risk of a guy playing in an unnecessary game, and getting injured without need.

So was the guy who drafted Portis early an idiot?

Did I say I can predict injuries??? I don't think so.

The guy who drafted Portis is not an idiot,he just slipped down the draft a bit,but still 1st round.I could care less when the draft is held.I think it is part of the challenge to be able to predict certain starting jobs.

I am simply saying that it doesn't affect a good owner if the league drafts a little early.Injuries can happen in the first game of the season.Same risk.In 2 of my leagues,we all get together at the commish house for the draft,so sometimes it can't be held the week before the season starts.

In short, I am just saying that edjr is wrong in his statement that anyone who has the draft in Aug. is stupid.

I don't see what the big deal is. In a 16 team league drafting 8th you used the 57th pick to get an RB on arguably the worst team in the NFL. That's pretty much exactly where he should be going now that he's the undeniable starter. That's right about where Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, and other equally worthless backs are going.

Congrats on reaching for Gore and then finding out 5 minutes later that you got him pretty much exactly where he will be going from this point forward (+/- a few spots)

I never thought I'd say this, but I fundamentally agree with edjr. Our league knows that our draft is the day before the first game. Back in the day, before the NFL started its focking Thursday night kickoff :lol:, we'd all get together the Saturday morning before the season, drink a bunch of bloodies and beer, and have the wives and kids come over at the end to hang out and drive us home.

Now we do a Wednesday PM draft online. Not nearly as fun. :unsure:

But I digress. I agree that the draft should be as close to the season opener for the reasons stated herein.

I never thought I'd say this, but I fundamentally agree with edjr. .

Traitor :wub:

Traitor <_<

Occasionally agreeing with him lends credibility to the other 99% of the time I tell him what a fudgepacker he is, grasshoppa...

Occasionally agreeing with him lends credibility to the other 99% of the time I tell him what a fudgepacker he is, grasshoppa...

Well, after his lame attitude torwards CN, fock him :banana:

Well, after his lame attitude torwards CN, fock him :dunno:

That was firmly in the 99%.