Sign in to follow this  
GlassCityBirdFan

Trade vetoed. I need the experts help.

We have just completed our draft on Sunday 8/20. This is a very competitive league $40 entry. I ended up drafting a bunch of RB beacuse for some reason or another they fell to me.

I got Westy, C.Taylor, FWP, DeShaun Foster, Mike Bell, and Mike Anderson. Well this guy in my league has only Rudi and Staley but has some good WR.

I offered FWP for Chambers straight up. He accepted, and the next day the trade has been vetoed due to league vote.

Yahoo! ranks have them at #28 & #29 respectively, he needs a RB, I need a WR.

Am I right in complaining or is the rest of the league just off their rocker.

Please, please let me get some responses as I am forwarding the link to the thread to the league home page.

Thanks guys.

Don't allow the league to vote in yahoo. It screws everything up. You need WR, he needs RB, nothing wrong with this trade at all.

No veto-able. Dumb considering you just had the draft and obvioulsy both players were available at one time so the other team could have drated their choice but the is not enough to veto the trade.

Yeah...that is pretty bad...on several rankings they are no more than 5-10 positions apart on rankings....both added a need area.

BS on the veto.

Though just about every veto is BS unless there is collusion...but this one is pretty ridiculous based even on just values.

No league should have the owners vote on all trades. The commissioner needs to be responsible for questioning trades (if necessary) and then putting it to a league vote if that's how everyone wants to make a final decision. Your trade was perfectly reasonable and obviously should not be vetoed. In a money league, that's a joke.

I dont play in leagues where the other owners have a chance to veto trades. People will veto any trade if they have this option. :thumbsdown:

No league should have the owners vote on all trades. The commissioner needs to be responsible for questioning trades (if necessary) and then putting it to a league vote if that's how everyone wants to make a final decision. Your trade was perfectly reasonable and obviously should not be vetoed. In a money league, that's a joke.

What he said. Owners should not be able vote to veto trades. If an owner has an issue (suspects collusion/cheating) he should take that issue to the commish. The commish alone can veto a trade only in extreme circumstances.

Unlike many posters here, I don't mind having the league/commish rule on trades, but they should be vetoed only if there is obvious imbalance/collusion in the trade. Your trade looks to be relatively balanced and fair. Both players go about the same time in standard redrafts, both have upside this year. This veto is obviously self serving on the parts of other owners, who are being petty and classless in my opinion.

The league I have run for the last 10 years uses voting, but as commish I reserve the right to push a trade thru unless I am involved in the deal then I have a back up commish. I just checked with the back up commish and both of us would have allowed this trade. Very even, good deal. You should be pissed!

The league I have run for the last 10 years uses voting, but as commish I reserve the right to push a trade thru unless I am involved in the deal then I have a back up commish. I just checked with the back up commish and both of us would have allowed this trade. Very even, good deal. You should be pissed!

I AM PISSED!!!!

Thats why I need ALL of the experts here to voice their opinions on this, whether it is in my favor or not.

PLEASE GUYS KEEP 'EM COMING.

:thumbsdown:

terrible, terrible veto. Fine trade. Also, any league with a "league vote" veto rule is a bad league.

I don't know anyone in the league and here is my unbiased opinion---->Everyone who vetoed the trade is a ###### loser. You can't get a more fair trade than that.

For all you guys in the league:

GlassCityBirdFan came here after the draft and posted that he was going to try to "rip a guy off" out of Chambers. He thought it was funny at the time.

But when the veto came up, he deleted the topic.

GlassCityBirdFan came here after the draft and posted that he was going to try to "rip a guy off" out of Chambers. He thought it was funny at the time.

I also heard he did all yer moms and hates children and puppies.

This is obviously collusion...on the their part. The fact that they all got together and vetoed a good solid trade tells me that they are working together to screw you over. It isn't like we are talking LT2 for Ashlie Lelie here, we are talking about 2 serviceable players that can help each roster. Basically it would do exactly what a trade is supposed to do.

Sounds like a group of asshats at this point. Unless they can really come up with something concrete than there should be no veto.

The only person with veto power in our league is the commish and in almost 10 years of being together we have never had to use it. We do question some trades, but the bottom line is that unless you can prove without a doubt that there is collusion on behalf of both owners than stupidity or taking a long shot is not cheating. Everyone paid to get into the league and they should be allowed to run their team into the ground if they feel fit. And no trade will ever be 100% equal or else there would be no point in trading, it is based purely on the owners needs and wants. Kind of what makes FF fun. Having people manage your roster moves for you kind of kills the intention of FF IMHO.

Even if that is true, so what? Everybody who makes a trade should feel like they got the better end of the deal, even to the point of gloating trash talk.

May I suggest you go to the house of each owner who voted to veto this trade and punch them in the face in front of their wife and kids? Short of that, you may still have time to get out of this vile league that insults the good name of ff and find one without this asinine rule and asinine owners who use it.

Happy hunting!

Let's see. Two teams each get helped alot from this trade. i can't imagine why all the other owners vetoed it.

:unsure:

Poor sportmanship in my opinion from the other owners. Can you imagine the say the Browns getting to veto the last Jets trade?

Trades are part of what makes FF fun and interesting.

I dont understand why anyone thinks that letting people vote on trades is a good idea. That is what you have a commish for. Anythig that looks like collusion should be called into question and the commish then decides what to do and maybe even asks for a league vote.

But to vote on every trade. :first:

To vote agaisnt this trade. :ninja:

Question - did you inquire as to why the trade was rejected? Did you present statistical information and whatnot??

I think it is ridiculous like everyone else - I would get on the horn and ask the big question:

WHY? :first:

This is a prime example of why I don't play in veto leagues.

You are playing in a communist league full of losers. Get out while you can and join a league that allows freedom to manage your team the way you see fit.

Question - did you inquire as to why the trade was rejected? Did you present statistical information and whatnot??

I think it is ridiculous like everyone else - I would get on the horn and ask the big question:

WHY? :first:

I have posted a message on the board, e-mailed some owners, to no avail.

I guess they don't have anything to say to me at this point in time.

IMAGINE THAT!!!!

The trade should never have been vetoed. If this league is as competitive as you say you really need to get rid of the vote veto. Why would the other teams approve a trade that helps the competition?

What reason was given by the owners that voted to veto the trade? I hope you called out all those losers.

I have posted a message on the board, e-mailed some owners, to no avail.

I guess they don't have anything to say to me at this point in time.

IMAGINE THAT!!!!

Out of spite, I'd offer that trade every day, or twice a day until approved.

There is nothing wrong with the trade. The other owners probably had a nice circle jerk after the veto. :blink:

BTW, Like others on this forum, I think leagues that allow voting on trades are bunk and doomed for failure.

This is a very competitive league $40 entry. :blink:

but seriously, no way that trade should ever be vetoed

I thought the same thing when I read that!

The trade is fair, it should be allowed. Also, this league is a joke and you should quit and you should get some friends together and form a league.

This is a fair trade that benefits both teams. It looks like collusion by the other owners trying to keep two teams from improving themselves and thus eliminating competition.

The owners in this league are either idiots or dishonest and the Commish is a whimp.

I thought the same thing when I read that!

The trade is fair, it should be allowed. Also, this league is a joke and you should quit and you should get some friends together and form a league.

:pointstosky:

We have just completed our draft on Sunday 8/20. This is a very competitive league $40 entry. I ended up drafting a bunch of RB beacuse for some reason or another they fell to me.

I got Westy, C.Taylor, FWP, DeShaun Foster, Mike Bell, and Mike Anderson. Well this guy in my league has only Rudi and Staley but has some good WR.

I offered FWP for Chambers straight up. He accepted, and the next day the trade has been vetoed due to league vote.

Yahoo! ranks have them at #28 & #29 respectively, he needs a RB, I need a WR.

Am I right in complaining or is the rest of the league just off their rocker.

Please, please let me get some responses as I am forwarding the link to the thread to the league home page.

Thanks guys.

A very competitive $40 league on Yahoo where one team only has Rudi and DUCE STALEY. Ouch! Duce's job in the NFL is like on a thinning leash. :pointstosky:

With that in mind, boo the veto.

The other owners clearly are jealous, poor sportsmen, and just plain loosers :dunno: ! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. <_< I do believe in democracy and having the other owners vote, but the commish should have supreme veto power. :headbanger:

I'm not sure how many teams your league has or the lineup requirements, but I just ran about 8 scenarios over at http://www.antsports.com/adp.aspx.

In no case could I find an ADP that wasn't within 3-4 spots, and they often were ranked next to each other.

That is the epitome of a fair trade in which both parties received a need in exchange for a strength. The trade makes both teams better.

Your league is gay.

Its bad drafting on both of your parts, because you should not have to trade before the first week of the season. I bet you could have taken chambers instead of FWP.

However, that is the worst Veto in the history of Veto's. I would quit that league because owners are not compling with the spirit of veto rights. They should only veto a trade if they believe collusion was a factor for that trade.

Quit the league, and tell the other owners to go pound sand.

I AM PISSED!!!!

Thats why I need ALL of the experts here to voice their opinions on this, whether it is in my favor or not.

PLEASE GUYS KEEP 'EM COMING.

;)

I'll help you out. That veto flat out sucks!

Aside from the whole issue of if a trade should be able to be voted down by other owners, the owners in this league are using their veto power unethically. They are supposed to be vetoing trades that are collusion. You MAY even make a case for vetoing a trade that is blately one sided. This trade is as fair as it gets. I would love to hear their justification for vetoing it. It sounds like they're just doing it to screw you, or they fear your team will be too powerful.

I'd play out the season and then not come back next year.