Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

joe horn, now

with the departure of stallworth, does horn return to form and surpass the 1000 yard mark? or do age and a new qb keep this from happening?

Logic states that he could do worse. With no other primary receiving threat, teams can double Horn. Until another receiver emerges as a threat, I would expect him to do worse. Sorry.

D. Henderson, the #2 WR in NO is pretty good. Good enough to make teams cover him. IMO, Joe Horn will do better....my crystal ball says......

1,000 yds / 7 tds.

I don't think Henderson is that good. He can be handled by any mediocre CB. If teams put their #1 CB on horn and shadow him with a safety, the other safety can roam and the #2 CB can lock on Henderson. LBs can cover TE and RB. With more receiving threats, the safeties have to be more aware of other receivers.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Stallworth was the burner, the deep threat, he had better numbers than Horn last year (945yd/7td) v. (654/2). A deep threat pulls the safeties deeper and allows guys like Horn to work the middle. You can't just say, Henderson's good, so Horn will be good, especially when Henderson is competing for #3 WR.

There has to be a reason that the Saints would let their #2 WR go that easily.

I say Devery was beating Donte out for the 2nd spot and the Saints made it easy and traded Stallworth before his value decreased.

Horn is going to do well.

Devery is also going to do well. He's my Kevin Curtis of the year.

As a Horn owner, I am definitely worried about Tony Hardware's point. A couple years ago, this wouldn't have concerned me as much, but with an older Horn (33? 34?), his ability to beat a double-team becomes more of a concern.

However, Stallworth was eating into Horn's catches, so I think more balls will likely be thrown his way (especially in the red zone, where Horn becomes the most dependable choice). He becomes more of a go-to receiver.

So, it can cut both ways.

Reggie Bush will open up that offense for everyone.

Believe, the hype.

Henderson is not even the likely #2 in NO, so those touting him as good enough to be a good #2 might need to check the recent news. It looks like Colsten (not sure if thats the spelling) from Hofstra will get a chance to line up opposite Horn.

That said, Horn might have some struggles but should do well this year imo.

Sorry Devery Henderson kool aid drinkers. He will not be the Saints number 2 as of now. Rookie Marcus Goldston is the number 2 from what I have gathered. Dante was let loose b/c of some internal problems not because they were confident in Devery. Who knows it's the Saints. Why in the hell do I draft their skill players every year. :rolleyes:

I can't think of another WR like Joe Horn who went from putting up monster stats year in and year out, to last year's pile of dung.

I didn't own Horn or even follow up on him last year. What the hell happened? Why the big drop in stats? Injuries? Age? Bad QB?

I've been thinking that with Horn's talent and Brees as a QB, he might get back on track and have a pretty good year. At least well enough to justify an early 6th round pick. No? :huh:

Reggie Bush will open up that offense for everyone.

Believe, the hype.

dude, you're putting the Bush on a pedistal.

I don't think Henderson is that good. He can be handled by any mediocre CB. If teams put their #1 CB on horn and shadow him with a safety, the other safety can roam and the #2 CB can lock on Henderson. LBs can cover TE and RB. With more receiving threats, the safeties have to be more aware of other receivers.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Stallworth was the burner, the deep threat, he had better numbers than Horn last year (945yd/7td) v. (654/2). A deep threat pulls the safeties deeper and allows guys like Horn to work the middle. You can't just say, Henderson's good, so Horn will be good, especially when Henderson is competing for #3 WR.

You are forgetting a very important fact or should I say person, Reggie Bush. Lining him up in the slot, with Devery and Joe on the corners, who will they dbl up? Perhaps you should rethink your logic. Additionally Stallworth only had better #s b/c Joe was hurt. Stallworth's hands are not the best. So with all this said, I do suggest that Horn will have a good year.

They don't ditch Stallworth to get worse. They must think Henderson has some value, have a trade/signing in the works, or will play Reggie in the WR3 position in some sets.

I see no change in Horn's value. And the Aints will be throwing it alot while trailing by 20.

I can't think of another WR like Joe Horn who went from putting up monster stats year in and year out, to last year's pile of dung.

I didn't own Horn or even follow up on him last year. What the hell happened? Why the big drop in stats? Injuries? Age? Bad QB?

I've been thinking that with Horn's talent and Brees as a QB, he might get back on track and have a pretty good year. At least well enough to justify an early 6th round pick. No? :doublethumbsup:

that whole offense sucked

no Deuce, Brooks was lame.... the whole Katrina business took its toll, injuries to Horn

thats why his numbers sucked, not his abilities

i can see a solid season coming up, Brees knows how to use his best target and will definatley give him the ball as often as he can

i can see a solid season coming up, Brees knows how to use his best target and will definatley give him the ball as often as he can

I agree. Brees is a good QB. He will use his best weapon. Horn knows how to get open in double teams, so that isn't going to stop him. over 1000 yards easy.

Logic states that he could do worse. With no other primary receiving threat, teams can double Horn. Until another receiver emerges as a threat, I would expect him to do worse. Sorry.

When was Horn NOT double-teamed in NO?

I just said Devery is not the the #2 WR in NO. Marcus Goldston is! Depth Chart may not say so but that is the word I am getting around here!

Joe Horn's production feel off last year b/c he dealt with a "HAMSTRING" issue the whole year. He kept playing hurt b/c of pressure from Haslett and wasn't playing at anywhere close to 100%. Alot of NO homers know this.

D. Henderson, the #2 WR in NO is pretty good. Good enough to make teams cover him. IMO, Joe Horn will do better....my crystal ball says......

1,000 yds / 7 tds.

I read D Henderson is #3. The 7th rd draft pick (Colston sp*) is the #2.

Horn didn't practice and barely played because of a hamstring injury. Check his stats the first few games of last year before the injury. He will be the Joe Horn we know and love, a gamer with excellent statistics.

I read D Henderson is #3. The 7th rd draft pick (Colston sp*) is the #2.

thats right, i guess they figure that with colston and bush being recievers along with horn that their passing game will be fine without stallworth. i wonder what they got in return for stallworth?

Joe Horn has always been THE MAN!!! HE was injured and on top of that had to deal with the devistation of the worst disaster that has ever hit this country...Aaron Brooks and Jim Hazelet.. :cheers: .And on top of of that. deal with the Katrina aftermath...All those years he was a stud, he never really had a # 2 WR to help out, unless you include Willie Jackson or Albert Connell as serious help...Joe Horn has been a great inspiration to the people of New Orleans. I would say Joe Horn in fact has been the only real bright spot the Saints have had in 10 years, unless you include Ricky Williams in a wedding dress as a bright spot!!!! I GUARANTEE Joe Horn will be a solid WR this year as long as he is healthy...He might be at that age, but remember the Saints traded for him from KC and he had hardly played up until that point. He has a few more years left in the tank... :headbanger:

I think Steve Smith, Keenan McCardell, Eddie Kennison and Rod Smith may disagree with anything logic has to state. So would Mushin Muhammad during his last season with Carolina.

I just said Devery is not the the #2 WR in NO. Marcus Goldston is! Depth Chart may not say so but that is the word I am getting around here!

Joe Horn's production feel off last year b/c he dealt with a "HAMSTRING" issue the whole year. He kept playing hurt b/c of pressure from Haslett and wasn't playing at anywhere close to 100%. Alot of NO homers know this.

Apparently ESPN did get something right on their ad about getting ready for your fantasy draft. Can you guess what it is?