Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Is the Curly Night situation an elaborate hoax?

On which page of the T&P tread does it state that her hospital bill is getting ripped up and who relayed that bullshiit?

Yeah, it's this statement that put me over the edge into the skeptic group.

If trust is the issue, I can submit my info, and whoever can sumbit the hospital info, to Rusty Syringes. As stated earlier, he has literally 100s of geeks' personal info. That way CN's internet friends won't feel like they are divulging her personal info to me, someone they don't know, and I can divulge CN's name and number to Rusty, rather than to posters who, rightly or wrongly, are currently under suspicion for what may be nothing more than pure charity.

:thumbsup:

That seems more than fair. I'll throw in $25, so w/drob's $25, we're up to $200. Hopefully the assistant can put aside her shock and awe that people would be skeptical of something posted on an anonymous message board that has only been verified via email and take advantage of an opportunity here to do something for CN.

Way to step up drobeski :thumbsup:

$175 for CN if it's true

Aight... make it an even $200 on my $25 contribution. Also, I'm sending it to you or Rusty... I'm not financing any more of Cyric or Strike poker tournaments.

ETA >>> Make that $225, I guess.

Can anyone let me know if the accident was in the town in which she lives, or possibly, the larger town that her metro area is generally known as (sorry to be vague, but we should all be careful with our own - and others - personal info)? Police logs are readily accessible on-line. It would be simple to verify whether the police responded to a drunk driving accident on July 26, 2007.

I don't think you'll find it. Drunk driving accidents involving illegal immigrants is apparently an epidemic in CA and they don't get published.

It is sad that this thread has more posts then the get well thread. :thumbsup:

Yes, I know, I am an accomplice to this.

I don't think you'll find it. Drunk driving accidents involving illegal immigrants is apparently an epidemic in CA and they don't get published.

I meant to say undocumented not illegal. Sorry. :thumbsup:

Not even when the capture the illegal?

You don't find that the least bit suspicious? Why would she discontinue giving the handful of you who know CN in person updates and just ask you to discontinue posting it here? Why would she stop telling you altogether? Why would she not even tell those who are personal friends with CN the hospital, and, again, just ask you not to post it here? Again, I'm not asking for it to be shared here, just trying to understand the basis of the faith those who know her have in the story. Those who contributed would probably at least take some piece of mind from that.

She didn't stop giving me updates. She asked that they not be posted here.

Apparently the medical community here has decided they know everything. Like Jerry I didn't post everything communication I recieved either. There are very good reasons for this, have to leave it at that.

I vow to make this thread vanish if the story can be meaningfully substantiated. I promised that in the opening post, I believe.

I get your sarcasm, but police logs are public records. It may not make the paper, but it makes the PD blotter.

That seems more than fair. I'll throw in $25, so w/drob's $25, we're up to $200. Hopefully the assistant can put aside her shock and awe that people would be skeptical of something posted on an anonymous message board that has only been verified via email and take advantage of an opportunity here to do something for CN.

Well, if it takes this to up the ante, then fine. She will be getting not a day in the spa but a whole focking week :thumbsup:

Apparently the medical community here has decided they know everything. Like Jerry I didn't post everything communication I recieved either. There are very good reasons for this, have to leave it at that.

Yeah... too much information means that many more details that all have to jive with one another. NEVER, EVER post too much about a story, it'll get tough to keep track of it all.

Well, if it takes this to up the ante, then fine. She will be getting not a day in the spa but a whole focking week :thumbsup:

By the time we're done, we'll pay for her rehab and speech therapy. We just want the truth.

well so far the skeptics have raised more money for her than everyone in the T&P's thread.

It's more the principle than the amount. A hoax is one thing, taking money under false pretenses is a crime. I'm not saying it is a hoax, but so far the only source of information admitted is a third party email and at least you have admitted you can understand the reason for skepticism. Strike and Snoopy simply seem offended and more worried about counterattacking skeptics than demonstrating some responsibility to those who contributed.

I can relate, I gave my winnings from a FFT Geek baseball league to Alimony Tony, a guy I only knew through the internets, after Katrina last year. So I'm not just talking out my ass when I say if I were in your/Strike/Snoopy's situation, I would completely understand if people questioned it would be a scam and can say my reaction would not have been what has happened here when people have asked very simple questions.

I think I've only counterattacked Meph, whom has attacked my credibility and completely made up lies about me..

Now, TR, knowing what you know about Meph, do you really think he doesn't deserve it.

Now, TR, knowing what you know about Meph, do you really think he doesn't deserve it.

But does that answer any of the questions? :dunno:

I'm not asking for everything, just still trying to find if anyone who has been the conduit of information here has verified this independently or has a source other than the assistant. It seems so far the answer is no for everyone else involved.

I'd like to start a fund to get the answers to our questions. I'll start with $50 if anyone can prove that the facts of the accident as stated are accurate. If so, the $50 goes to the spa gift cert. Other donations accepted, TIA.

what made her different?

You're rich, correct. Up the ante, a lot. And I'll get you her medical records.

I think I've only counterattacked Meph, whom has attacked my credibility and completely made up lies about me..

Okay, Cyric... I have no actual knowledge of what you did or didn't do that got you banned. I sincerely apologize for propagating false information about that situation. I'm sorry.

Now... answer the questions that are specifically relevant to the matter at hand and increase CN's giftage and put to rest the concerns of all... whether they donated, will donate, or haven't/won't.

I'll match Gutter's $50. That's $100 for CN if someone can confirm this story.

I'm going to buy a bar in Jamica is only going with 50 bucks..Nope, think more zeroes.

I don't think demanding more money with the hopes that the demand isn't met makes this story look more believable.

This is great. We come bearing gifts, and you're holding out for more money. :dunno:

I think it's obvious it's a hoax now, thanks for playing cyric.

Okay, Cyric... I have no actual knowledge of what you did or didn't do that got you banned. I sincerely apologize for propagating false information about that situation. I'm sorry.

Gee what a surprise. You're a focking liar like I've been saying for 4 pages. :dunno:

If trust is the issue, I can submit my info, and whoever can sumbit the hospital info, to Rusty Syringes. As stated earlier, he has literally 100s of geeks' personal info. That way CN's internet friends won't feel like they are divulging her personal info to me, someone they don't know, and I can divulge CN's name and number to Rusty, rather than to posters who, rightly or wrongly, are currently under suspicion for what may be nothing more than pure charity.

:dunno:

Why don't you submit it personally to me. I've posted my email many times.

I'm going to buy a bar in Jamica is only going with 50 bucks..Nope, think more zeroes.

The money isn't for you, ass hole, it's for curly night.

Gee what a surprise. You're a focking liar like I"ve been saying for 4 pages. :thumbsup:

You are so right, Strike. I am so busted. I'm sorry that I spread misinformation about Cyric and it bothered you so much. I won't do it again.

Now... answer the questions that are specifically relevant to the matter at hand and put everyone's concerns to rest once and for all. TIA!!!

OK, lets be clear. People who don't know CN are offering to contribute. All you have to do is verify her injury, but instead, you're haggling in an attempt to chase folks off. Sounds like you really care.

FWIW, her initials are SN. The last digit of her work phone is 5. Her home town starts with an M.

If you're not full of shit, then you know I know her info. You have nothing to lose and nothing to betray by accepting my offer. If someone is hurt, I'd like to help. I have helped others on this board in the past. You, for whatever reason, seem to have a questionable reputation. You can clear it all up AND get your friend some cash, oor you can continue to be evasive. I think that will tell posters here all they need to know.

That's a convenient tack to take. You're a liar and what you did or didn't do has no focking bearing on this situation. You have the only piece of the puzzle that's missing, so if you aren't full of sh!t, nut the fock up and give the appropriate people the name of the hospital and a trustworthy individual can handle the rest.

There is a growing pile of gift money in it for the allegedly injured party. Are you going to use the above bullsh!t excuse to avoid coming clean (one way or the other)?

You're such a Goddamned loser it isn't even funny. So much for you being God. :thumbsup:

It's convient cause it's the truth...now it's what I did, or DIDN"T do...cause you focking know you made it up...

LOL, you calling me a loser, when you are the one making sh!t up. That's hysterical.

Interestingly, it looks like both Strike and Cyric are liars... like I've been saying for 11 pages.

Mephisto > Strike/Cyric

You are so right, Strike. I am so busted. I'm sorry that I spread misinformation about Cyric and it bothered you so much. I won't do it again.

Now... answer the questions that are specifically relevant to the matter at hand and put everyone's concerns to rest once and for all. TIA!!!

LOL. Yeah, when you post the specific names of people you say are getting ripped off. What a cop out - look at the list of people wishing her well. Yeah right. Not that I'd post anything I might know around here anyways. I don't care whether you believe or not.

Why don't you submit it personally to me. I've posted my email many times.

Because, in case you have not noticed, your integrity is in question in this thread. If you know her, you know that the intials I posted, the phone number, and the hometown all match. If you continue to fail to be forthcoming, I do not know why you would expect anyone to believe you or contribute to your friend.

Did you guys use it at a $20 + $2 SNG? Jackass.

Meph, you stupid douche. I play poker all the time, people a lot smarter then you try to get under my skin to put me on tilt, doesn't work for them, what makes you think a witless wonder like yourself could upset me.

Meph, you stupid douche. I play poker all the time, people a lot smarter then you try to get under my skin to put me on tilt, doesn't work for them, what makes you think a witless wonder like yourself could upset me.

Its quite clear he has for the past 12 pages. :thumbsup:

an attempt to chase folks off. Sounds like you really care.

FWIW, her initials are SN. The last digit of her work phone is 5. Her home town starts with an M. I

I will verify the part about the initials and the town name.

Tim does know her.

Why do you continue to address that jackass, Mephisto, when other people want to help your friend?

It's convient cause it's the truth...now it's what I did, or DIDN"T do...cause you focking know you made it up...

LOL, you calling me a loser, when you are the one making sh!t up. That's hysterical.

Actually, much like you, I got my information from a source that could not be verified. For that I apologize.

At least I'm man enough to admit it. I wonder when you will be man enough to admit the truth... one way or the other?

My bet is not very soon and there isn't anything I've posted about you that will be sadder than that reality.

Considering the good faith others contributed under, I'd be more inclined to ignore his generally-accepted jackassness and worried about addressing the unintrusive skepticism brought up by dophan and others.