Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Is the Curly Night situation an elaborate hoax?

Wow this stuff has you really riled up! You're wildly overreacting!

Yes, but when it comes to friends in need and acquaintences that are okay in my book, I will defend until my least breath. This is opposed to some douche, like yourself, that casts doubt about something/someone that they know absolutely nothing about.

Like I said before, mindyourownfuckingbusiness and go away little man.

I'm so pissed at myself because one of the posts of his I wanted to quote and didn't - was the post he made about delaying sending the gift and then telling Probie that if he wanted to send a contribution he should make it quick!

Suddenly, that portion of the sentence is gone. Too funny!

I haven't edited anything. If you think so you're delusional. And when I responded to probert it was because he ASKED about donating. BTW, where's that list of your internet buddies I'm ripping off? You're jumping on me for not giving you more information. I just want you to back up one statement you made. Can't you do that?

I don't post here much, and know no one here personally, but I don't think this is a hoax. I was in a somewhat similar condition as CN once upon a time and sent a gift, not money through paypal or anything fun, to CN (through Strike) that I though might be helpful. The correspondence that I got back only lent credence to it being true.

I would rather be fleeced out of the measly monetary value of what I sent than be a cynical assclown who needs complete verification on everything.

Also I now know where my gift went so if it is a hoax I can hunt Strike down and exact my revenge

You wanna take over?

Naa...I'd just use all the money to buy her a 1 year "pizza of the month" certificate :cheers:

I appreciate the fact that you are handling it. :thumbsup:

He is taking the word "approach" in the above definition of "solicit" much too literally. You don't have to show up on someone's doorstep to "solicit" them...just ask any telemarketer.

Telemarketers call you. They're invading your space to pressure you. I did the equivalent of hanging a flyer on a pole. There's no way what I did meets the definition of solicitation.

For what it is worth, I tried to find out a way to send her something before the donation thing started.

I have the email and address of one of her co-workers that I could send it to.

After some people here were asking where to send her gifts and stuff, we decided that it would be easier for one person to handle it. Strike was nominated.

This is just like when everyone contributed to the AirRam package thread.

Strike did not start this, he is just the one who is spending his extra time handling this.

FWIW - I contacted Strike to ask if he wanted/needed any help with the whole gift coordinating thing for CN. He asked for some female gift suggestions and I helped him out with finding a few day spas in her local area.

He checked their references, shared his findings with me and we both agreed on the final choice together. He's been on the up and up, kept me in the loop and has put in a lot of his own time and effort to coordinate this gift for her.

Naa...I'd just use all the money to buy her a 1 year "pizza of the month" certificate :cheers:

I appreciate the fact that you are handling it. :thumbsup:

I hope you don't feel ripped off? Are you one of Mephisto's internet friends?

FWIW - I contacted Strike to ask if he wanted/needed any help with the whole gift coordinating thing for CN. He asked for some female gift suggestions and I helped him out with finding a few day spas in her local area.

He checked their references, shared his findings with me and we both agreed on the final choice together. He's been on the up and up, kept me in the loop and has put in a lot of his own time and effort to coordinate this gift for her.

Thanks BEG. I do want to make one statement public. I have not sent the gift yet. That decision was made in conjunction with Jerryskids, and anyone can verify that with him if they want, for reasons I won't disclose publicly. I expect to send it soon though. I will also state that anyone who sent me a check, the check has not been cashed yet. I am waiting until I send the gift and if, for any reaons, we don't end up sending it I will simply rip up those checks and return any other monies that were sent to me.

Telemarketers call you. They're invading your space to pressure you. I did the equivalent of hanging a flyer on a pole. There's no way what I did meets the definition of solicitation.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was the act of asking for the funds that made it solicitation, not the manner in which you asked.

Hanging a flyer on a pole is simply "indirect" solicitation, which is perhaps how your post could be construed, but it is solicitation nonetheless.

I hope you don't feel ripped off? Are you one of Mephisto's internet friends?

All I hope right now is that CN get to do her day spa thing very soon :thumbsup:

I'm done with this thread for awhile. Once again, thanx for helping coordinate this, and also, thank you BEG for the great idea on how it should be used. :banana:

:cheers:

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was the act of asking for the funds that made it solicitation, not the manner in which you asked.

Hanging a flyer on a pole is simply "indirect" solicitation, which is perhaps how your post could be construed, but it is solicitation nonetheless.

You might have a point if it had been, for lack of a better word, unsolicited. However, I posted as a result of a group of people deciding to send a gift. My post was reactionary. It was simply a way of letting them, and anyone else should they desire, contribute. I find the word solicit to be offensive in that context and believe that it doesn't fit the required level of coersion to be considered solicitation, direct or indirect.

Yes, but when it comes to friends in need and acquaintences that are okay in my book, I will defend until my least breath. This is opposed to some douche, like yourself, that casts doubt about something/someone that they know absolutely nothing about.

Like I said before, mindyourownfuckingbusiness and go away little man.

I honestly respect that you defend your friends but I'll make one suggestion--if the stuff that gets posted on a public message board makes you this angry, you really should make the personal decision to be a lot more choosy about what message boards you read and what posts you pay attention to. I wouldn't want you to give yourself a heart attack.

I think it's pretty standard that when a patient is in the ICU - flowers are not permitted.

ICU? They said she went HOME. Did they build an ICU at her house?

I honestly respect that you defend your friends but I'll make one suggestion--if the stuff that gets posted on a public message board makes you this angry, you really should make the personal decision to be a lot more choosy about what message boards you read and what posts you pay attention to. I wouldn't want you to give yourself a heart attack.

For what it's worth, I seldom read any of the crap that gets posted here. I couldn't care less about the kind of dump someone took in someone elses bathroom or how short someone else is. What I do care about though, is what's posted about my friends. I don't need to take your "suggestion" now, because obviously, I've never thought enough about this board before to give a ratsass... until now.

Thanks for playing! :banana:

Summary please....

Too much to read.

TIA!!

LODASM!!! :thumbsup:

######

######

ass

######

HTH

TIA

and

######

Bump

I love you Newbie. :lol: :thumbsup:

I also love Mephisto for making me not the #1 board azzhole for a few days. Attaboy :cheers:

Next time I doubt a person or story on this board, I need to do it with a little more tact. :bandana:

Oh and I also hate being right.

I think

An accident as serious as they claim it was, would have been on the news or at least mentioned somewhere.

The wife and I were drilled at 65 MPH while stopped at a Red Light by a drunk driver in November....no news or any mentioing of it...and this included 4 police cars & 2-3 fire trucks prying us out of our demolished vehicle at 2 in the morning.

Do you also understand the meaning of the words "gofuckyourselfsally" and "mind your own business"?

Whothefuck do you THINK you are anyways?

If CurlyNight wanted us to mind our own business, she wouldn't be sending emails with status updates from the hospital for people to post here.

Have any of the people who actually know her, and presumably her real name, actually visited her at the hospital or checked that she's in the hospital, or actually met the assistant in person?

Obviously you could still be lying, but it seems that all communication has come through this mysterious assistant. It seems that would at least be somewhat reassuring to those who have contributed. From what has been posted, it seems like the assistant has been in the middle of everything, so conceptually those who are providing the information are being fooled as well. Obviously no one wants to doubt someone they think they are friends with or admit they could have been scammed, but I don't see how any "logical" person can't see the reason for even remote skepticism. Someone simply questions the validity and the reaction is becoming offended and go on counterattack. It's like none of the conduits of information nor the assistant can even accept that there would be any reason to question or want to connect the dots.

Wow, what a surprise, this thread is on page 8.

Not sure what to say that I haven't already. I'll reiterate what I think I said earlier, that I understand people's skepticism, her friend doesn't, and she is not willing to share details.

A few things I vaguely recall wasting the past whatever minutes reading this:

- Somebody asked how she would know how to contact us. I've had contact with her friend before for reasons that I won't disclose. I believe Snoopy has too. And Curly asked that we be kept apprised of her status.

- There was something about me and others keeping our stories straight. I haven't fabricated anything. If anything I have been guilty of holding back data that I get.

- I don't know the hospital name. If I did I never had an intention of posting it. At this point, I would certainly not post it if I knew it.

Again, not sure what to add from before.

...so conceptually those who are providing the information are being fooled as well.

I believe I said similar things, too. Despite what you've read here...

- It very well could be true.

- It very well could be fiction which involves some, none, or all of a number of people.

I've said I have nothing against anyone about it.

If my line of questioning made anyone feel uneasy... too bad. They were/are legitimate questions asked of more people than just me.

A couple of points ...

1. I'd piss down Meph's neck.

2. Someone needs to get in contact with supermike if they haven't already. This will either continue the hoax, or alleve his fears of getting ripped off. He's asked about it, he deserves an answer.

TIA.

... I understand people's skepticism, her friend doesn't, and she is not willing to share details.

You don't find that the least bit suspicious? Why would she discontinue giving the handful of you who know CN in person updates and just ask you to discontinue posting it here? Why would she stop telling you altogether? Why would she not even tell those who are personal friends with CN the hospital, and, again, just ask you not to post it here? Again, I'm not asking for it to be shared here, just trying to understand the basis of the faith those who know her have in the story. Those who contributed would probably at least take some piece of mind from that.

I've heard of people staging their own deaths and a childs death, going as far as making up an email address, emailing someone they were supposed to meet, saying she was her own sister and that she had died in a car crash which killed her and her daughter. Only to come back with a different name and be dumb enough to give out the same phone #, she had orginally given out to a different man. There are some REALLY focked up people in this world. Especially when it comes to the internet.

- Somebody asked how she would know how to contact us. I've had contact with her friend before for reasons that I won't disclose. I believe Snoopy has too.

weird

weird

Curlynight's other persona has contacted them both as a different person.

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!

You don't find that the least bit suspicious? Why would she discontinue giving the handful of you who know CN in person updates and just ask you to discontinue posting it here? Why would she stop telling you altogether? Why would she not even tell those who are personal friends with CN the hospital, and, again, just ask you not to post it here? Again, I'm not asking for it to be shared here, just trying to understand the basis of the faith those who know her have in the story. Those who contributed would probably at least take some piece of mind from that.

Nope... we're all nuts and azzholes because we have Cyric's "word" and that should just be enough. :banana:

Can anyone confirm or deny that the curlynight informant is MDC's girlfriend?

Nope... we're all nuts and azzholes because we have Cyric's "word" and that should just be enough. :banana:

Where's that list of people we're scamming? Are you unwilling to share that information?

Where's that list of people we're scamming? Are you unwilling to share that information?

You're not in on the scam, you're just a pawn in CN's game of chess.

Of course I find it suspicious. Go back and read my initial post on page... 1? Based on the relationship I've had with Curly, I find it unlikely that I am the butt of some huge hoax. But I could be wrong, in which case as I stated earlier, congrats on fooling me.

You're not in on the scam, you're just a pawn in CN's game of chess.

Except I have the money. And it doesn't change the fact that Mephisto justified his interest in this topic by specifically stating that his internet friends are being scammed. I want him to back that up. Of course he can't because they aren't. He's a lieing sack of crap.

BTW, if I were you, I'd leave this topic alone. You pissed a lot of people off and some were starting to think that you were sincere when you backtracked. It's becoming more apparent that maybe you weren't.

I'd never send money to an anonymous person, I guess people who do deserve to get focked?

Why not make an attempt to answer a few basic questions. This is getting old and tedious.

Except I have the money. And it doesn't change the fact that Mephisto justified his interest in this topic by specifically stating that his internet friends are being scammed. I want him to back that up. Of course he can't because they aren't. He's a lieing sack of crap.

BTW, if I were you, I'd leave this topic alone. You pissed a lot of people off and some were starting to think that you were sincere when you backtracked. It's becoming more apparent that maybe you weren't.

I backtracked because as usual what I said was pretty tactless. Doesn't take away from the fact I thought this was all a hoax. I would feel horrible if anyone I personally knew were in a serious car accident. Sh!t, I feel horrible when I see it on the news. Still doesn't take away from this possibly being a hoax. Wouldn't you feel like an ass if it were a hoax? maybe a lot of people will be apologizing to me, if it ends up being a hoax, I somehow doubt that will happen though. I've been right before about things and didn't receive one apology, such is life being one to never trust strangers and especially strangers you can't see. I'm pretty certain the truth will never be known, too much at stake now.

Based on the relationship I've had with Curly, I find it unlikely that I am the butt of some huge hoax. But I could be wrong, in which case as I stated earlier, congrats on fooling me.

So then you haven't independently verified anything, but the information you have comes from the assistant, who you've had email contact with before the accident, but otherwise don't know. I don't disagree it's highly unlikely, obviously you have a relationship with CN, but I'm just trying to understand, even if none of you understandably don't want to share the specifics, that you who personally know have validated this other than a third party. I'd just think that would help comfort some of those who have contributed.

So then you haven't independently verified anything, but the information you have comes from the assistant, who you've had email contact with before the accident, but otherwise don't know. I don't disagree it's highly unlikely, obviously you have a relationship with CN, but I'm just trying to understand, even if none of you understandably don't want to share the specifics, that you who personally know have validated this other than a third party. I'd just think that would help comfort some of those who have contributed.

is it so far fetched the assistant is actually curly? :banana:

That's a lot of commas, but basically what you said is correct. Although I did talk to her when she was briefly home, as did Snoopy I think. I don't get this fascination with the contributions though. Nobody is buying a beachfront house, let alone a tank of gas, with what I contributed. Again, I consider her a close friend based on our conversations, and if in the end I'm out a few bucks, so be it. I'd rather be wrong that way.

MAY be scamming... and that would anyone who has expressed any concern about CN's condition... assuming said condition doesn't exist.

Is there some reason why you continue to be coy and evasive about it? Are you unwilling to share that information? :rolleyes:

A couple of points ...

2. Someone needs to get in contact with supermike if they haven't already. This will either continue the hoax, or alleve his fears of getting ripped off. He's asked about it, he deserves an answer.

TIA.

seriously.